• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replaced The Rear Windshield From Stafford :(

kushan

Replaced the rear windshield of my HR-V at Stafford, Went for them by thinking that I will be able to replace it as before the damage. Had very minor scratches at tail gate also. They took around 5 days for the job and finally I went there to release my vehicle. I couldn't believe what I saw there. I was shocked and pissed off. All of us know that HR-V comes with tinted rear windshield, but they have replaced it with a normal windshield. I asked them what the hell you fixed to my car, haven't you seen any HR-V before.. Stafford people said, if you wanted a tint windshield, then why didn't you tell us so, This is crazy, There are no HR-V with a normal rear windshield, It came with all tinted glasses except front windshield , door shutters of driver and passenger.

Stafford senior manager denied this by saying that there are HR-Vs with normal rear windshield. This is so damn crazy, I haven't seen any so far matched to what he told. Finally I said I don't want this, instead fix it with a tinted glass. But they said they imports only this windshield not the tinted one anymore, again said, there are some government regulations that prevents that kind of windshield import.

Windshield cost me 45K at Stafford, before coming to them I checked the price with Samarasinghe Windscreen house, they had 2 windshields (tinted and normal) tinted costs around 37K and normal costs around 27K. But I went directly to Stafford by thinking that I can get the Genuine Honda, So there wont be any difference between my previous and new windshield ( which is going to be fixed). Windshield they fixed is genuine but not a tinted one.

After seeing what Stafford has fixed to my car, I called Samarasinghe and Galle Motors, unfortunately they are out of stocks with tinted glass. So I left with no option and released my vehicle by paying 45K for the windshield.

I have made this post to show how Stafford people behave and to how they deny everything and make stories to cover their dumb asses.

So people be more cautious when dealing with nut cases at Stafford. Honda deserves a good local agent, but its not Stafford definitely.

Replaced the rear windshield of my HR-V at Stafford, Went for them by thinking that I will be able to replace it as before the damage.

'kushan',

Yes you are correct HRV comes with a tint on rear and light tint on rear two glasses,

The best thing for you to get same tinted at Darly road.

I dont think tint glasses are coming to Srilanka due to high cost.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'kushan',

Yes you are correct HRV comes with a tint on rear and light tint on rear two glasses,

The best thing for you to get same tinted at Darly road.

I dont think tint glasses are coming to Srilanka due to high cost.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Of course tint glasses are coming here, go to samarasinghe, they have all. I was there today morning :)

just out of curiosity, didnt they ask you weather u wanted a tinted or normal glass when u told them to replace?

NO they didnt ask, actually its not a thing to ask, all the HR-V comes with tinted rear windshield. But that so called agents tried to cover their asses saying bullshits, now I have to bear the all cost and put a tinted one from samarasinghe, hope I can sell the windshield that stafford fixed.

well i have to agree with him,

if you wanted a tint windshield, then why didn't you tell us so

never heard agents talking back like that before. and if they had choices like that they should clearly mention.

if there is a choice they cant just put whatever they want..

well i have to agree with him,

never heard agents talking back like that before. and if they had choices like that they should clearly mention.

if there is a choice they cant just put whatever they want..

Its simply how they covered themselves, I think you know that there are no HR-V s with normal rear windshield. unfortunately there weren't any HR-V on that day at stafford. Now Im going to put a new windshield from samarasinghe expending another 39K, who knows how much their labour costs gonna be.

Edited by kushan

Kushan,

You go to consumer protection authority at Colombo 02 Wax-hall street and complain you put the the HRV expecting as agents will fix a original tinted Glass.

You are not satisfied to their changing a plain glass. without informing you

Reason you go to agents not to get substitute plain glass, what they have.

When you put the car in they should have informed you that they do not have the tinted glass.

Inform consumer protection authority you went to agents with a hope of getting a original part and to get a perfect job done.

Request them to investigate your complain and refund your money.

Don't be in a hurry go to Samarasinghe and change a tinted glass first of all make your complain.

If you buy the glass from samarasinghe they do free fitting only they charge for the glass paste tube

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

NO they didnt ask, actually its not a thing to ask, all the HR-V comes with tinted rear windshield. But that so called agents tried to cover their asses saying bullshits, now I have to bear the all cost and put a tinted one from samarasinghe, hope I can sell the windshield that stafford fixed.

Isn't it easier to get the glass they fixed tinted instead of going through the process of replacing the glass again???

Isn't it easier to get the glass they fixed tinted instead of going through the process of replacing the glass again???

Well, tint sticker is pure black, but the glass they fixed not having pure black edges (outer area they tinted heavily to cover up the metalic structure which holds the glass, and its color is dark ash color, not black) its somewht dark ash color, so if I tinted the glass, there will be 2 colors, black at the middle area, and dark ash around that, and its not matches with the other side glasses of the car. (coz all of those are pure black),

And also, its not like you put an original glass, you cant get rid of the feeling of you have cheated to your self. (anyway cant tint as I have explained above) :(

You have all the rights to fight . They have replaced your glass with a different one and if so they should inform you before the substitute and substandard replacement. There is a big difference between tinted ones and normal ones. Complaint to their top management first, then go visit CPA-Vauxhall st.Good luck mate!

MINIACE

take it up with the CPA. you paid expecting a certain level of service. it is up to them to inform you that they don't have what you are expecting. you cannot be the first CR-V owner to whom this has happened from stafford. and if you don't speak up, you most deffa won't be the last.

sri lankans really need to learn how to treat customers. 45K is not tuck-shop money.

Now Im going to put a new windshield from samarasinghe expending another 39K, who knows how much their labour costs gonna be.

Kushan,

Please dont get me wrong here but its a little stupid to spend Rs 39k on a new part, when you can get it tinted . Ok it will have a slight color difference but its not good to be a extreme perfectionist. But if you still want to get the correct thing, like someone said speak to the MD or the CEO and get them to take back and give u a full refund.

I assume this repair is covered by insurance ? ( You dont just replace a windscreen unless it was damaged in an accident ) And the main basis of insurance is that the vehicle needs to be repaired to the SAME condition it was before that accident, and this is why they take all the before and after pictures....

The guys ( so called top mgt ) is known to be corrupt, I remember the case where they were issuing " Stafford certifications " for some re-con importer, and the cars were actually damaged ones which got repaired here.

Its simply how they covered themselves, I think you know that there are no HR-V s with normal rear windshield. unfortunately there weren't any HR-V on that day at stafford. Now Im going to put a new windshield from samarasinghe expending another 39K, who knows how much their labour costs gonna be.

I agree with you that they should have at least mentioned that they dont have the tinted glass in stock.

BUT you'd be wrong to say that "there are no HR-V s with normal rear windshield" cos Honda seems to manufacture such normal windshields. And a windshield is a very specific part and its not like they can fit a Civic's glass on a HR-V. I would say fight for a new glass (but dont use your "there are no HR-V s with normal rear windshield" argument :P) and if it doesnt work goto CPA and get a tinted glass from samararinghe.

My question is, if it was not up to your satisfaction at the time, couldn't you have just asked them to replace it with the windshield you wanted? I am sure it could have been resolved at the without any aggravation.

Aslo, I have noticed that some agents do not take lightly to smart ass customers coming and telling them things... :)

Like Watchman said, you CANNOT generalize a certain option just because your vehicle has it.

I agree with you that they should have at least mentioned that they dont have the tinted glass in stock.

BUT you'd be wrong to say that "there are no HR-V s with normal rear windshield" cos Honda seems to manufacture such normal windshields. And a windshield is a very specific part and its not like they can fit a Civic's glass on a HR-V. I would say fight for a new glass (but dont use your "there are no HR-V s with normal rear windshield" argument :P) and if it doesnt work goto CPA and get a tinted glass from samararinghe.

I may have wrong there, according to my experience, I haven't seen any HR-V with a normal rear windshield. and they lied by saying that they cannot import tinted glasses, if samarasinghe can why can't stafford. From what I have found out, its the manufacturer, Asahi and Nippon both manufactures glasses for Honda, Asahi one is tinted and Nippon one is not tinted and cheap, they put the nippon one charge the same amount as the tinted glass. Yeah I will go CPA about this, no one else should bear the pain like me again.

I may have wrong there, according to my experience, I haven't seen any HR-V with a normal rear windshield. and they lied by saying that they cannot import tinted glasses, if samarasinghe can why can't stafford. From what I have found out, its the manufacturer, Asahi and Nippon both manufactures glasses for Honda, Asahi one is tinted and Nippon one is not tinted and cheap, they put the nippon one charge the same amount as the tinted glass. Yeah I will go CPA about this, no one else should bear the pain like me again.

Ahh, so the glass is made by 2 other companies.. i guess it makes sense then.

And why dont you turn down the drama-queen mode a bit, get in touch with them and see what you can work out.

Kushan, Like I said before, you are better off trying to sort it out with them in a more amicable and diplomatic manner than getting all aggro with them. Remember, you will need them again later and its always better to have them on your side. Its clearly a breakdown in communication and these things can be cleared with minimal fuss. TALK TO THEM AGAIN, NICELY. Turn down your HONDA EXPERT settings a few notches, see how that helps.

I am sure the CPA has bigger issues with essential items being over priced and hordeing than to worry about a Honda HRV rear tinted windshield.

I may have wrong there, according to my experience, I haven't seen any HR-V with a normal rear windshield.

Do a google image search, most of the images i'm getting has clear glasses :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=honda+hrv&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=hGUNT77jAoPOrQeK_PyxBA&biw=1280&bih=931&sei=iGUNT8SRDcHqrQfwxpidBA

Kushan, Like I said before, you are better off trying to sort it out with them in a more amicable and diplomatic manner than getting all aggro with them. Remember, you will need them again later and its always better to have them on your side. Its clearly a breakdown in communication and these things can be cleared with minimal fuss. TALK TO THEM AGAIN, NICELY. Turn down your HONDA EXPERT settings a few notches, see how that helps.

I am sure the CPA has bigger issues with essential items being over priced and hordeing than to worry about a Honda HRV rear tinted windshield.

Yeah I know, complaining to CPA will ruin everything and probably the last thing to do, I have made this post to show only how they behave and how they cover their dumbness by telling lies. So we everyone should pay more attention when dealing with them,

Do a google image search, most of the images i'm getting has clear glasses :)

https://www.google.c...RDcHqrQfwxpidBA

I said abt the HR-Vs available here on LK. They didnt ship to here officially, so all we have is domestic models, and all of those came with tinted glasses, I know that there are some HR-Vs with normal glasses, but not in here.

Ahh, so the glass is made by 2 other companies.. i guess it makes sense then.

And why dont you turn down the drama-queen mode a bit, get in touch with them and see what you can work out.

What I can do with them is to replace a new windshield from somewhere else, they said they cannot refund or, import a tinted glass ,coz government regulations prevents such act, its a lie again, and how come samarasinghe imports those,

What I can do with them is to replace a new windshield from somewhere else, they said they cannot refund or, import a tinted glass ,coz government regulations prevents such act, its a lie again, and how come samarasinghe imports those,

Kushan, personally what I would have done is ask them to remove the glass from the car then and there, if they were not able to provide the replacement part you wanted. Since this is not a road side shop they should be able to do this and you could have made the deal sweeter by offering to pay for consumables but not labour.

See if this still works. Tell them you are not happy with the replacement as it does not match the rest of the car, say you had a reasonable expectation that they will replace the wind shied with a part in line with the rest of the goods fitted to the car, and give them two options.

1. Replace the wind-shield with the correct version at no extra cost to you.

2. Remove the wind-shield and make a refund. The wind-shield should still be in brand new condition and can be re sold.

This is probably what you should have done in the first place, even before making us aware of Stafford's handing of your problem.

I think the key thing to get out of this is, you should resolve any issues with a purchase at the point of purchase as it becomes a lot more complicated after, and you have to stand up for yourself and be bold because nobody else is going to do it for you.