• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Turn Off A/c From A/c Button Or Blower

Nirosha

Question

What is the difference between turn off A/C from A/C button and turn off from blower? If I turn off using the blower is the compressor still working? Because I heard that turn off and turn on the A/C frequently is not good for the compressor.

• Like 1

No difference. My car doesn't even have an A/C button, the thermostat at the lowest setting is what switches off the compressor. However, do avoid starting the car with A/C on.

• Like 1

i have seen some people used to swtich off & on a\c very frequently. dont know whther it will help them increase fuel consumption or don't know why they are doing like it. normally what thermostat doing it automatically to give a rest to compressor. better to retain it by doing manually.

i just knock it off from the blower it self that way the compressor stops as well..really doesnt make sense using only the blower in sl because it will only be spitting out warm air

• Like 1

What is the difference between turn off A/C from A/C button and turn off from blower? If I turn off using the blower is the compressor still working? Because I heard that turn off and turn on the A/C frequently is not good for the compressor.

If I turn off using the blower is the compressor still working ? No.

Edited by NRX

Thanks guys for your replies.

i have seen some people used to swtich off & on a\c very frequently. dont know whther it will help them increase fuel consumption or don't know why they are doing like it. normally what thermostat doing it automatically to give a rest to compressor. better to retain it by doing manually.

Some times A/C switch works as a turbo booster. When turn off the A/C car accelerates like a rocket. Worked very well with my 1st car diesel G101. When wanted to overtake just turned off the A/C. :sport-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004:

• Like 3

Some times A/C switch works as a turbo booster. When turn off the A/C car accelerates like a rocket. Worked very well with my 1st car diesel G101. When wanted to overtake just turned off the A/C. :sport-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004:

LOL, I too use it. I have instructed wifey to press the AC button whenever we are overtaking large buses in steep hills :D

• Like 3

LOL, I too use it. I have instructed wifey to press the AC button whenever we are overtaking large buses in steep hills :D

Good mutual understanding.

I sometimes turn off the ac by myself (can't trust my wife with that), or the next best, lower the gear to 2nd and rev to 4k, 5k so other will look like wtf :D

Edited by razordj
  • Like 1

Machan, it was compulsory with my previous Japanese Alto 660cc.

I feel if A/C switch mounted on steering wheel it would have more helpful.

Also when we sell our vehicles, we can advertise as "multifunction steering wheel with A/C button" :D

• Like 2

This "A/C turbo boost" would be especially useful if you want to make your car jump across a river

Edit : nvm, The youtube links weren't visible :)

Edited by NRX

If u guys are using the A/C switch as a 'booster', it's time to get a more powerful car. :D

Nahh sometimes people are just lazy to shift into a lower gear when needed, pressing a little button is much easier. My dad has this habit, he needs two people to drive the car ;)

• Like 1

if your compresor Rotary type one, this AC switch will not work as turbo booster.

I disagree, although a rotary type compressor uses less power from the engine than a piston type it still uses power, FYI mine is rotary type and turbo boost works :)

Just wondering...is this really necessary on modern vehicles? Say, built in the past 7, 8 years?

I think what he meant was the strain on the engine in a cold start which the engine is running dry for sometime. It's same as saying do not rev hard just after you start your car. :)

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Nahh sometimes people are just lazy to shift into a lower gear when needed, pressing a little button is much easier. My dad has this habit, he needs two people to drive the car ;)

Good mutual understanding.

I sometimes turn off the ac by myself (can't trust my wife with that), or the next best, lower the gear to 2nd and rev to 4k, 5k so other will look like wtf :D

Me too, ac button is my turbo boost button :D

Thanks guys for your replies.

Guys! i heard that its not good do that often, i remember having an issue with my car A/C around two years ago i guess it was with the compressor and the mechanic told me not turn off and turn on the A/C regularly when driving at high speed

Guys! i heard that its not good do that often, i remember having an issue with my car A/C around two years ago i guess it was with the compressor and the mechanic told me not turn off and turn on the A/C regularly when driving at high speed

Something like the AC clutch wear ?

But then again the compressor cycles on-off by the car itself, then it should be bad too eh ? :)

Edited by NRX

Something like the AC clutch wear ?

But then again the compressor cycles on-off by the car itself, then it should be bad too eh ? :)

Think of it this way, when it automatically turns off and turns on you dont see any difference on the pulling power of the engine right? but once you turn it off and turn it on you feel like a huge load has been placed on the car isnt it, so such an sudden pressure on your car should affect it somehow.