• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Crash Bar Still Illigal

MRM

There is a certain height , please double check with your nearest trafic police. There are few criterias for all, like the fog lamp and it height. The local police station near you will be a good conultant who will give you accurate information

There is a certain height , please double check with your nearest trafic police. There are few criterias for all, like the fog lamp and it height. The local police station near you will be a good conultant who will give you accurate information

thks for the advise

if i check with cops :D they will defentely tell me to remove , :( however i will check with them tommorow

it is exactly like this in stainless steel

IPB Image

can i run with this ??

thks for the advise

if i check with cops :D they will defentely tell me to remove , :( however i will check with them tommorow

IPB Image

can i run with this ??

That would have to come off. Pity cos thats just what you need with the Trishaws and busses on the road.

thks for the advise

machang, popos are not that bad, just talk to them in a friendly manner like a chit chat and ask shaply. And if they say NO then ask what you should do to get permision as you travel to Yala etc..Simple talks will save the grill. Beter try

in other countries "Cow Catchers" are banned cuz its a hazard to Pedestrians if a frontal impact occures in a crash

but in Sri Lanka i'm assuming it has more to do with Security concerns that someone will use a large SUV as a battering ram in a car bomb attack etc... :mellow:

i know of a guy who was made to take off an "A" Bar !!! not even a full buffer :(

MRM - do NOT show the cops - inquire only - if they see it , it'll have to come off i'm afraid :(

in other countries "Cow Catchers" are banned cuz its a hazard to Pedestrians if a frontal impact occures in a crash

but in Sri Lanka i'm assuming it has more to do with Security concerns that someone will use a large SUV as a battering ram in a car bomb attack etc... :mellow:

i know of a guy who was made to take off an "A" Bar !!! not even a full buffer :(

MRM - do NOT show the cops - inquire only - if they see it , it'll have to come off i'm afraid :(

thanks for advise guys , best thing is we better keep it untill some one tells to remove.

That would have to come off. Pity cos thats just what you need with the Trishaws and busses on the road.

yeah machan but i saw quite a few pajero's & even land cruisers running with crash bar,

so we will run it untill cops tell us to remove,

thanks guys

the only problem with that is the cops aren't very nice in the way they aSK to remove it....

:o

this sounds scary

If they ask to remove a crash bar then its reasonable. i had to remove my winch bumper couple of months ago.

some times its too much ..u know i had wheel spacers fitted to my county and i was copped and told that the wheels are too off the vehicle.

i was once copped at nuwaraeliya for having foot steps for my defender. This is abserd and annoying.

I guess government should give some serious responsibilities to the SL police coz they dont have any job to do.

If they ask to remove a crash bar then its reasonable. i had to remove my winch bumper couple of months ago.

some times its too much ..u know i had wheel spacers fitted to my county and i was copped and told that the wheels are too off the vehicle.

i was once copped at nuwaraeliya for having foot steps for my defender. This is abserd and annoying.

I guess government should give some serious responsibilities to the SL police coz they dont have any job to do.

are you serious machan??!! :blink:

what were the grounds or the reason and justification from the cops for fussing about the steps??? :huh:

your right abt them coppers being jobless! but the best way to avoid all that is to build it upto MSD Specification - they won't dare stop you - only salute you! :D

are you serious machan??!! :blink:

what were the grounds or the reason and justification from the cops for fussing about the steps??? :huh:

your right abt them coppers being jobless! but the best way to avoid all that is to build it upto MSD Specification - they won't dare stop you - only salute you! :D

As far as i know SL cops has thousands of reasons if they ask to do somethink. unlike what hola says. but the friendly manner of cops will comeout once they got to know you are going to bribe them. better not to caught them MRM. as long as you can ignore cops on the sides of the road.

to tell you all frankly i have escaped many occasions bribing cops with very lesser amounts. like Rs.20 for going in red light ( in 2003). Rs. 50 for expired revenue license & crossing double line. :lol:

machan...what do you think about this spec.

I had a husky winch fitted earlier with a bumper that was literally 1 foot off from the front grill. i was stopped and lucky didnt get a fine , but was asked to remove it and bring it to the police. i removed it and the funny thing is as you said devinda now they dont stop me for any reason( which is good) i was doing around 90 near puwakpitiya awissawella road and i saw these guys with the speed gun.. guess what..they aimed it at me then gradually raised it and pointed it to the sky and gave me a wave.

devinda i had a silver colour long side steps fitted to my county. that was needed for that vehicle coz it was higer than my canopy. i was asked to remove it. the reason they said was it is too wider than the standard size. i really got mad and argued..but it made the things worse. eventually got my license back with the help of a friend. But it had the look of a personally owned vehicle

IPB Image

Edited by lakshank