• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kyron

Watchman

Question

hey guys,

With the kyron being one the the few SUVs available on the 2.0l diesel permit, my father too is thinking of getting one. I remember madmax telling us all about the SUV but i cant seem to find it among the many threads on the forum.

Aparently it comes to about 3.3mil on the permit, am i right? But i'm wondering if a 2.0 liter engine is enough to pull that big body.. i've sene a few on the roads and it looks slightly bigger than a Xtrail but smaller than a montero... Madmax, were you able to drive one of these before buying it? is that engine enough?

And i remember you saying that the buiild quality was quite good so smiles there.

And how after ordering do they take to diliver?

Thanks,

Dilesh

4 answers to this question

Dilesh there were many posts that showed up when I did a search just now. Here is the review I did on it some time back.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...25&hl=kyron

The engine, even though it is a 2.0l puts out 140bhp. That is sufficient to drag the 2tonne body around but it won't give you sports car performance.

To compare, the Montero sports 2.5 diesel puts out about 114bhp with the vehicle weighing almost the same. Kia Sorento 2.5 CRDi unit produces 160bhp, and the Tucson 2.0l CRDi puts out 114BHP. And I believe even the Prado 3.0 Common rail puts out about 160bhp.

With the locally assmebled one being available for the permit it will cost about 3.25mil. Seems like it is the most popular among the permit holders.

Edited by madmax

Dilesh there were many posts that showed up when I did a search just now. Here is the review I did on it some time back.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...25&hl=kyron

The engine, even though it is a 2.0l puts out 140bhp. That is sufficient to drag the 2tonne body around but it won't give you sports car performance.

To compare, the Montero sports 2.5 diesel puts out about 114bhp with the vehicle weighing almost the same. Kia Sorento 2.5 CRDi unit produces 160bhp, and the Tucson 2.0l CRDi puts out 114BHP. And I believe even the Prado 3.0 Common rail puts out about 160bhp.

With the locally assmebled one being available for the permit it will cost about 3.25mil. Seems like it is the most popular among the permit holders.

thanks madmax... for some reason i didnt get that link.. two other references to the kyron showed up but this was the artiel i had in mind.. thanks anyway... my dad's thinking of replacing the G.vitara with this... he seems to be quite taken up by this... :) though i'm not that big a fan of the exterior, i like the interior...

So when is yours due? we wanna see pics when you get it!