• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Kyron - Mechanical Problems ???

nira74

Question

Over the last week, I've heard several people say that a number of Kyron owners have run into some major mechanical problems in their Jeeps. No one knew any details though.....

Anyone know if there's any truth in it ?

Edited by nira74

12 answers to this question

According to some myth

Kyron is a creature with a human body and horse legs

well it matches the vehicle

engine - merc

gears - chrisler

other parts - ssangyong

assembled - in sl

the owners must feel like they have thier liver and kidney transplanted

but who cares

worth for money when considering the 1.5lieter tweeters (cars) priced the same

According to some myth

Kyron is a creature with a human body and horse legs

well it matches the vehicle

engine - merc

gears - chrisler

other parts - ssangyong

assembled - in sl

the owners must feel like they have thier liver and kidney transplanted

but who cares

worth for money when considering the 1.5lieter tweeters (cars) priced the same

this is not unique to kyron or micro SUV for that matter.. take a Toyota car, how many toyota parts you can find inside? all are from different manufacturers and assembled in Toyota line that's it..

Machan not sure about the Kyron, But the Rexton I know has had some pretty serious faults. Sometime last year (Cant remember when exactly, might've been around November) Down Greenpath a Rexton had stopped right in the middle of the road and there was Diesel all over the road. I'm pretty sure the Fuel tank had just collapsed! And then recently I saw in the papers some minister or someone had survived a lucky crash when his rexton had gone off the road. The papers said the vehicles front wheels had collapsed! So yeah.. hint at something maybe??? :unsure: And please dont think I have anything against these cars, I love the rexton!! One of my close Fam friends has one and man i LOVE it!! Hope nothing goes wrong with it :(

Edited by virensti

Machan not sure about the Kyron, But the Rexton I know has had some pretty serious faults. Sometime last year (Cant remember when exactly, might've been around November) Down Greenpath a Rexton had stopped right in the middle of the road and there was Diesel all over the road. I'm pretty sure the Fuel tank had just collapsed! And then recently I saw in the papers some minister or someone had survived a lucky crash when his rexton had gone off the road. The papers said the vehicles front wheels had collapsed! So yeah.. hint at something maybe??? :unsure: And please dont think I have anything against these cars, I love the rexton!! One of my close Fam friends has one and man i LOVE it!! Hope nothing goes wrong with it :(

on a different point, micro suv is the best selling and now become a more frequently used one as oppose to most suv brands here. And not to forget the major accidents where more expensive and premier brands involved. So comparing the numbers around and the cases we hear i don't seriously see any bad build quality. Any owners to shed some light?

on a different point, micro suv is the best selling and now become a more frequently used one as oppose to most suv brands here. And not to forget the major accidents where more expensive and premier brands involved. So comparing the numbers around and the cases we hear i don't seriously see any bad build quality. Any owners to shed some light?

I own one for few months now. So far no major issues except issues with the quality of the assembly process. There were a lot of rattling inside the passenger compartment and loose screws :rolleyes: I had to visit the workshop few times to get them settled. The service at the Peliyagoda site is extremely bad (Pride of the nation :) ). I never want to go there again, but no options. I also heard people saying the cars are bad quality and has a lot of mechanical problems, which I haven't experienced so far. By the way a relative of mine is using one for over three years around 50000Km done, and no complaints heard.

And then recently I saw in the papers some minister or someone had survived a lucky crash when his rexton had gone off the road. The papers said the vehicles front wheels had collapsed! So yeah.. hint at something maybe??? :unsure: And please dont think I have anything against these cars

Im Very seriously tracking Kyron and Rexton reliability issues for obvious reasons :rolleyes: . No major issues heaved sofar.

Sabaragamu CM survived the 100km+ accident thanks to Rexton.It was the accident caused the front right wheel collapse and not the wheel caused the crash..Please dont mislead.CM’s driver fallen sleep around 3AM when speeding well over 100 kms and both Driver and Front seat occupant PSO survived without a scratch.CM received few bruises,Minor facial damage and a hairline farcture in collarbone.His wife also escaped major injuries.

There are three Rextons nearing 100K and still running strong. One belongs to Min Welgama.Need more?

MINIACE

Im Very seriously tracking Kyron and Rexton reliability issues for obvious reasons :rolleyes: . No major issues heaved sofar.

Sabaragamu CM survived the 100km+ accident thanks to Rexton.It was the accident caused the front right wheel collapse and not the wheel caused the crash..Please dont mislead.CM’s driver fallen sleep around 3AM when speeding well over 100 kms and both Driver and Front seat occupant PSO survived without a scratch.CM received few bruises,Minor facial damage and a hairline farcture in collarbone.His wife also escaped major injuries.

There are three Rextons nearing 100K and still running strong. One belongs to Min Welgama.Need more?

MINIACE

Oh okay my bad. Sorry Miniace. :action-smiley-060: And yeah I do love the Rexton so yeah sorry.