• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Celtron

BAnuradha

Is it good use (celtron). Is it true this kind of things give more power and more fuel efficiency.

Hi,

I use Soltron over a decade on my diesel vehicles. It gives more power & comparatively around 10% increase in fuel efficiency. but I use 1.5ml for 1 liter of diesel which is 50% higher than manufacturer recommendation. Further, because of it I never get water contamination problems in Injector pumps.

Hi,

I use Soltron over a decade on my diesel vehicles. It gives more power & comparatively around 10% increase in fuel efficiency. but I use 1.5ml for 1 liter of diesel which is 50% higher than manufacturer recommendation. Further, because of it I never get water contamination problems in Injector pumps.

How about petrol vehicals

Hi,

i hate to say this, but i don't see a deference between using soltron and private bus guys mixing petrol with diesel, coz i used soltron with one of my diesel vehicles and ended up heavily worn out engine fairly quickly and for me it smells wd40, which means it only contains a hydrocarbon not an enzyme as it claims to be.

• Like 1

i hate to say this, but i don't see a deference between using soltron and private bus guys mixing petrol with diesel, coz i used soltron with one of my diesel vehicles and ended up heavily worn out engine fairly quickly and for me it smells wd40, which means it only contains a hydrocarbon not an enzyme as it claims to be.

Your engine repair may be because of it is worn out. But, I was using it from 1998 (that time it was E- oil) with several vehicles of mine time to time. I am surprised to hear that you can test material by smelling. Anyway, I do not worry about the contents as it gives me the required performance. But I have one worry, I heared "Acetone" is giving performance like same. Since it is carceogenic and harmfull to environment I am not willing to use it. So if any one has capacity to test Soltron against Acetone please inform the result.

Is this a cheap marketing gimmick? Because the scientific explanation on how this works is pure bollocks. No offense. What next? Dettol in the tank to kill the bacterial infection in the tank?

it certainly has an impact on the pickup/power, i felt it. But the consequences were simillar to what happens when you mix up few ml of petrol into the diesel tank and i'm sure it's some sort of a hydrocarbon with higher octane value not an enzyme as it claims to be.

Soltron has to be on the tank atleast for 4 days to make it effective. THATS THE GOLDEN RULE.

Otherwise its just a waste of money. no matter you are driving a loooong trip or a short trip. So dont blame it. Im using it and it works. Pls check the test done by Uni. of Moratuwa. http://www.soltronlanka.com/test.htm

Edited by Corolla121

Where can one buy this stuff...? price..? is it cheaper than Toluene..? :unsure:

You can buy it from Ceypetco sheds.

Price

------

Small bottle - 115.00

Large - 195.00

Not sure about the prices man... I think its not cheaper than Toluene.. :unsure:

• 10 months later...

Guys;

What if I add Soltron in to my tank if my fuel level is Half (around 15lts in tank - small bottle is for 40L is recommended), and Pump 95 after 4 days top up? Will it harm the engine?

cos; when it says "Soltron has to be on the tank atleast for 4 days to make it effective" normally i do top ups when my tank goes down till the bulb gets ON. so sometimes mixture can be different in the tank.

Some times i go long journies out of colombo; so top up wont stay for 4 days :unsure: I think i'm having timing issue here to get the right mixture in the tank.

Advice? :(

Sorry to be blunt, but if you already swallowed the fact that these gizmos work wonders, you might as well sit and wait the 4 days till the dough rises... ;)

Meanwhile cath a bus to work or for your other errands until your fuel tank 'ferments'... :action-smiley-060:

i think all these "green" people and tree huggers should really take into soltron...

i mean more power...more gas mileage... what more do you want?

i think it's stupid that the government and the whole world is supporting hybrids and alternative fuel research..

Soltron is the way to go...they should defa get this down minus taxes and give a luminous sticket free to all vehicle owners who use soltron...

Meanwhile cath a bus to work or for your other errands until your fuel tank 'ferments'... :action-smiley-060:

so that 's how it works...maybe it ferments diesel and make it into some kinda super fuel the engine can get "drunk" and act all powerful.

so that 's how it works...maybe it ferments diesel and make it into some kinda super fuel the engine can get "drunk" and act all powerful.

Machan, I dont mind about this Green thing and etc; what i heard is this Soltron thing gives you more millage and good for your Injectors etc. so that is the reason why i needed some advice on mixing this and how can get the 4 optimizing can be done. :huh:

Sorry if i gave you all a wrong impression. :D

The only thing thats is good for injectors is the fuel that you put in.

You want better mileage from your car?

Keep the tires inflated to proper pressures, have the alignment checked, drive sensible, keep your car light, don't carry unnecessary stuff in the car, keep your AC to a comfortable setting, keep your air filter, plugs clean, Service your vehicle on time and properly.

Additives in the fuel disrupt the surface tension at the nozzle end of the injector, changing the spray pattern, this affects the performance in the vehicle. You will not get an improvement, the only affect will be the placebo effect and the lies you swallow from other gullible morons who think Soltron and everything else in the market are the magic potions.

Whatever muck they put in the at fluid will seep down to your sump and only God knows what the it does to the oil quality at high temperatures.

Keep it simple. Jsut pump the correct fuel and follow factory recommendations for everything else.

If additives worked, cars will come with a list of all suitable additives, don't you think???

The only thing thats is good for injectors is the fuel that you put in.

You want better mileage from your car?

Keep the tires inflated to proper pressures, have the alignment checked, drive sensible, keep your car light, don't carry unnecessary stuff in the car, keep your AC to a comfortable setting, keep your air filter, plugs clean, Service your vehicle on time and properly.

Additives in the fuel disrupt the surface tension at the nozzle end of the injector, changing the spray pattern, this affects the performance in the vehicle. You will not get an improvement, the only affect will be the placebo effect and the lies you swallow from other gullible morons who think Soltron and everything else in the market are the magic potions.

Whatever muck they put in the at fluid will seep down to your sump and only God knows what the it does to the oil quality at high temperatures.

Keep it simple. Jsut pump the correct fuel and follow factory recommendations for everything else.

If additives worked, cars will come with a list of all suitable additives, don't you think???

Got your point mate. At the moment i'm on 95oct and i think i'm good to go with it. :)

• 1 year later...

do you have to continue using Soltron when you refill again ?

and what if I pump the tank full, add soltron and the tank is half now, is it advisable to pump petrol without soltron added?

No machan, just add half a cup of water to the tank. You will be fine.