• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chevrolet Beat

Shiran K

@Shiran,

Daewoo is a brand of GM just as "Pontiac", "Chevrolet", and etc. Due to Daewoo brand's popularity in the South Korea GM introduced Chevy Beat to South Korea under the name plate of Daewoo. However, Beat is doesn't based on Daewoo Martiz platform, its based on GM Gamma II platform (Gamma II platform is the universal platform of the all compact cars of the GM from 2010). So I couldn't see any unusual depriciation of Chevy Beat in the future, but for sure just like the other cars Chevy Beat also will depriciate in the time being, cause there are no car in the world could retain the original value for years.

Other thing is Chevy Beat's all models coming with same S-Tec II 1.2 engine. There are no difference between engines and technology in PS, LS & LT. Only differences you can see in the fancy options like Roof Railings. As far as I know you can order any of the above versions as your wish, so if you want to buy a PS (basic version) you can order it, if you want to buy a LT (top end version) you can order it too, cause one of my cousin brother ordered the Chevy Beat's LT version. I too like to buy the Chevy Beat, but I ordered the Micro Trend LC (Geely) in December and it delivared to me on last week. So I have to stick with my Micro Trend LC since it also a good & handy machine to drive around.

So Shiran my advice to you is do your home work well, and think out of the box then get the decision, why I am saying like that is as I understood you even didn't aware of that Chevy Beat's all versions using the same engine as the top end version of the Chevy Beat.

Thanks a Lot Bro.

but i've changed my mind and went for a suzuki swift jap model 2008 which i felt is a better car than beat.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...