• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Number System ?

KMG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration Fee: LKR 70,000/= (to 30x numbers reserve in advance)

Nothing new in that. It has been so for quite some time.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Times ran an article saying close to 1 million.

Whaaaat!!!! 1 million .That makes no sense. Who in the right frame of mind would get one. If it was in the 150 - 250k range i can see owners with exotics going for it. but 1 mil is just outrageous.

Vanity numbers are easily sold beyond $10000 in other countries. The numbers are sold to the user and not to the car, so u can keep it forever. I believe there will be a market for those, especially with the noveau riche of this country.
Disgustingly, that article stated that this move was aimed at specifically that demographic. Citing the increasing demand by the high end car users, like the children of ministers and the ultra wealthy for personalized plates. RMV said they hadn't finalized on a price but 1,000,000 is their initial estimate. Can't find the link for the article now.

One must have a microscopic, shriveled little manhood to even consider this as pimpjuice. I'd much rather let the twin carbs on my 6 Sri make a more eloquent argument about who I am.

Edited by Komisiripala

Disgustingly, that article stated that this move was aimed at specifically that demographic. Citing the increasing demand by the high end car users, like the children of ministers and the ultra wealthy for personalized plates. RMV said they hadn't finalized on a price but 1,000,000 is their initial estimate. Can't find the link for the article now.

One must have a microscopic, shriveled little manhood to even consider this as pimpjuice. I'd much rather let the twin carbs on my 6 Sri make a more eloquent argument about who I am.

Keeping an open mind on this matter (after all, ones with shrivelled manhood too, have a right to live), it would be a better idea for the government to auction off vanity plates. It will maximize their earnings and make the process transparent. If not, it will open up another avenue for corruption.

Whaaaat!!!! 1 million .That makes no sense. Who in the right frame of mind would get one. If it was in the 150 - 250k range i can see owners with exotics going for it. but 1 mil is just outrageous.

Wow!! That's too much, even in New Jersey, US they only Charge $50 for a vanity plates. but then again any plate is a personal one :)

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/PersonalizedPlates.htm