• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Hybrid

M navy

increase of fuel economy in city driving of about 63 percent and an increase of fuel economy in highway driving of about 27 percent

increase economy

city=63%

highway=27%

isn't it other way around? :unsure:

no, because city driving wastes a lot of energy (stop and go; idling) and this is reduced by hybrid technology => more benefit for city driving

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jusssssssssstttt to clarify guys. My 15x1.63 calculation was meant to be a mock at the dude who posted that his car does 50. Looking at the replies, I feel like banging my head on the wall :action-smiley-060:

Oh yeah... 15 was just a random number too (as claimed by some people who advertise Civics).

why are ppl so concerned about fuel consumption? if you can afford a car of more than 5 million why bother about patrol prices..

why? Because we got lots and lots of penny wise people around. They don't know the fact that they've become penny wise by being pound foolish. The opportunity cost of the huge 'investments' on some fuel efficient vehicles cannot justify by the fuel saving figures if you calculate and compare.

Isn't the way u drive more important than the car's fuel consumption?. Watch Jeremy clarkson's prius vs M3 comaprison. ( i know he mocks hybrids but there should be some truth in it)

Also a new prius costs about 40-50 ryt? Also prius and insight are uglier than other petrol cars lyk the axio or allion apart from the hybrid civic.

Its lyk the idea about german cars most people have, that they are very low on fuel consumption and u hav to deal drugs to maintain even a low grade car like the C Class or a 3 series.

Isn't the way u drive more important than the car's fuel consumption?. Watch Jeremy clarkson's prius vs M3 comaprison. ( i know he mocks hybrids but there should be some truth in it)

Also a new prius costs about 40-50 ryt? Also prius and insight are uglier than other petrol cars lyk the axio or allion apart from the hybrid civic.

Its lyk the idea about german cars most people have, that they are very low on fuel consumption and u hav to deal drugs to maintain even a low grade car like the C Class or a 3 series.

nops..i think 30M-40M.

why? Because we got lots and lots of penny wise people around. They don't know the fact that they've become penny wise by being pound foolish. The opportunity cost of the huge 'investments' on some fuel efficient vehicles cannot justify by the fuel saving figures if you calculate and compare.

True.

There is a price premium for hybrids and it can take years to recoup in fuel savings the extra paid for the hybrid version of a particular car vs the regular petrol model.

Which is why governments around the world including the Sri Lankan government offers tax reductions and incentives to encourage people to buy hybrid and electric cars. It's not just about getting better fuel economy, but also lower emissions and less air pollution.

why are ppl so concerned about fuel consumption? if you can afford a car of more than 5 million why bother about patrol prices..

+1 i think lot of members in this forum wonder the same thing poscher :D

Edited by nexus

No this gurilla marketing guy is right 1 of my friends achieved this figure,

When he was pushing his hybrid down a hill :angry-smiley-048:

LoL

Im pretty sure a heavy lorry would do better than that downhill, so then hybrids are not efficient as efficient as you think ;)

why do people think fuel economy = hybrids?

Whats wrong with cars like the VW Polo blue motion? I mean specially in a country where Diesel is cheaper than petrol..?

Just Bring a few of those down and shut the heck up?

true they will be expensive with the duty on diesel vehicles etc... But come on, as poscher so truly said, if people can afford cars for over 4 million... just go for the diesel Polo, proven to get extreme fuel figures such as 75 Miles per Gallon (or 27 Km/l) what more do you want? :unsure:

Hybrids do = better fuel economy. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a lot better.

The VW Polo Blue Motion easily beats regular hybrids like the Prius and Insight in fuel economy, but then the new plug-in hybrids such as the Chevy Volt easily beat the Blue Motion in fuel economy. Unfortunately diesel hybrid technology is expensive and complex and not being developed by most manufacturers.

Fuel economy is becoming the new top speed. Instead of "What's the fastest you have gone?", now it's "Whats the highest fuel economy you have achieved?"

And quite frankly, there are lots of things a lot of people would like to do. And we can't. So this "so there are people who like to have a car & also can have more mileage..." statement? I mean, just grow up. :rolleyes:

You want mileage? Lighten the car. Step 1, take out the spare tire. Step 2, take out the seats and replace with plastic Nilkamal seats. Step 3, take out the A/C, Step 4 take out the airbags and associated equipment. There you go, better mileage!

maru comment 1k ne...maraiiiiiiii...

with the spare wheel can take out the jack and other things..

or may be we can take a corolla 141 and replace a 800cc maruti engine... :action-smiley-060:

when some one ask about the consumption instead of answering the question people start to critize the man.i know once who having jags and prados doesn't care about the consumption..but there may be people who do care about it..

if any one doesn't like to answer then he can keep quit without trying to sit on his head ne?its just that simple neda?

1 comment is not goinng to harm any one ne?

i understand peri..its normal..you are having a wast knowledge.when some one ask something you may feel that its stupid.

but for him its not stupid..hes trying to learn something..

if you ask me anything about ships then ill feel that you are stupid,,but thats not the case...

May be the president.may be admin may be moderators...one who waits to critizise some one shows his class...

they should understand that with having a wast knowledge of automobiles they can help others alot without critisizing others and people expect that thats why they use auto lanka..

lankawe enna kattiyata mathaka na wage lankawe middle class 1k kiyala 1 kuth thiyanawa kiyala...when controlling a site like that they have to know it isnt it?

i gained lot of info from autolanka and i love this

site.thats why i asked a mobile sight too.

any way this is me.i told what i have to tell straightforward...

if any one wants to cancel my account then its upto them.. :alc:

Edited by M navy

or may be we can take a corolla 141 and replace a 800cc maruti engine... :action-smiley-060:

That actually wouldn't work. Under powered engines on heavy cars leading to low consumption has been discussed before. Do try to keep up, k?

when some one ask about the consumption instead of answering the question people start to critize the man.i know once who having jags and prados doesn't care about the consumption..but there may be people who do care about it..

Lets see if I can make this a little more eye catching so you can read it and understand it this time.

Asking again WHEN IT WAS ALREADY THERE

if any one doesn't like to answer then he can keep quit without trying to sit on his head ne?its just that simple neda?

1 comment is not goinng to harm any one ne?

Sure there is harm. It takes up server space, it takes up bandwidth, it wastes peoples time when they think something new is up, but its the same old thing again, and most important to me, it wastes MY time coz I have to read all this garbage to moderate it!

i understand peri..its normal..you are having a wast knowledge.when some one ask something you may feel that its stupid.

but for him its not stupid..hes trying to learn something..

And he can't learn something that has ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN? What are you, special needs, that it needs to be addresses specially to you? You think I went around asking everything I have ever learned about? When I have questions, I first read and try to see if its already there.

if you ask me anything about ships then ill feel that you are stupid,,but thats not the case...

May be the president.may be admin may be moderators...one who waits to critizise some one shows his class...

they should understand that with having a wast knowledge of automobiles they can help others alot without critisizing others and people expect that thats why they use auto lanka..

Personally I prefer to help people who actually try to help themselves. Coz those people are actually trying to learn something. And I also find your thoughts on peoples class... amusing, specially in light of the comment you have made below.

lankawe enna kattiyata mathaka na wage lankawe middle class 1k kiyala 1 kuth thiyanawa kiyala...when controlling a site like that they have to know it isnt it?

i gained lot of info from autolanka and i love this site.thats why i asked a mobile sight too.

any way this is me.i told what i have to tell straightforward... if any one wants to cancel my account then its upto them.. :alc:

If you do love it so much and want it to continue, do try searching first. There are lots of knowledgeable people who have stopped posting simply because they have got tired of answering the same things again and again. If we're lucky, new people come along and take their place, until they get tired of it too.

I find it fascinating that some people dont know of something called 'google"

I see a clear winner for "Most Entertaining/controversial Member Of The Year Award 2011" hands

down :lol:

Aney sin, perhaps this poor guy cant use google.

Here machang for you, from this great site called WIKIPEDIA. I took the trouble of doing it for you.

Now please don't ask me if I verified this, I haven't. I don't know wanyone who owns a Hybrid, and frankly, I DON'T WANT TO!

Now please take a printout of this and go away.

This is for the 2005-2010 year models.

the EPA fuel economy estimate is increased to 49 mpg (US) city, 51 mpg (US) highway.(In 2008: EPA revised the way it estimates fuel mileage, as a result, EPA rating for 2008 model is: 40 mpg (US) city, 45 mpg (US) highway).
Third generation (2011- )

The Civic hybrid, with a larger 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine and a lithium-ion battery, is expected to average 45 mpg-US (5.2 L/100 km; 54 mpg-imp) in combined EPA city and highway driving cycle, an improvement of 4 mpg-US (59 L/100 km; 4.8 mpg-imp) over previous generation. It will launch in spring 2011 in U.S.A. and Canada.

Consumer Reports ran an article in April 2006 stating that hybrid vehicles would not pay for themselves over 5 years of ownership. However, there was an error in the calculation of depreciation for the hybrid vehicles.It resulted in overstating how much extra money the hybrids would cost their owners during the first five years of ownership.[12] When corrected, the Honda Civic Hybrid did have a payback period of slightly less than 5 years.[13] In October 2010 Vincentric performed a hybrid cost of ownership analysis for USA market. In this analysis it compared hybrid's 5 year cost of ownership to their all gas counterparts. The analysis showed that 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid costs an additional $1830 dollars over a 2010 Honda Civic EX 2D Coupe with an Automatic Transmission (the report assume 15,000 miles are driven annually and fuel prices are based on a weighted average over the five months prior to October 2010)
Fuel economy

It is estimated that, when compared to a gasoline engine only Civic sedan of 2006 with an automatic transmission, the Civic hybrid provides an increase of fuel economy in city driving of about 63 percent and an increase of fuel economy in highway driving of about 27 percent

Edited by VVTi

Hmmm..... let me get this straight, you claim to know about Ships... yet knows very little (by your own admission) about cars.

What if I tell you, you know jack about ships as well?

If you are in the merchant navy as your name implies then you would be someone who will have at least an above average knowledge of anything mechanical (Unless you are the cook on board).

Stop acting like a sissy mate. If you are not getting the info you need, perhaps you are not asking the right questions. No need to write an essay on how unfair the world is.

Grow up!

i know once who having jags and prados doesn't care about the consumption..but there may be people who do care about it..

Also, for the record, I don't have a Jag or a Prado. I catch a bus to work.

And don't jump to assumptions that Jags are thirsty cars. I do believe there is a hybrid Jag too.

And don't jump to assumptions that Jags are thirsty cars. I do believe there is a hybrid Jag too.

+1

who can forget jeremy clarkson jag doing 50 mpg on they are economy race to blackpool illuminations.

+1

who can forget jeremy clarkson jag doing 50 mpg on they are economy race to blackpool illuminations.

Absolutely buddy. he wasnt even trying to save fuel, he was actually trying to waste as much as possible so that he can go home soon.

And our guys cant even achieve that mpg with the so called fuels efficient cars even when they are tying their best to conserve fuel :alc: