• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Hybrid

M navy

@M.Navy

i no this is sri lankan style(thinking that you know every thing and dont want to listen any other)but listen dude..

What to do machang, we are Sri Lankan no.... we are not like you sea faring go-getting 2/3rd officers no.... we are just landlubbers no :)

We don't have a woman/man at every port and syphilis to show for our travels no... :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@M.Navy

What to do machang, we are Sri Lankan no.... we are not like you sea faring go-getting 2/3rd officers no.... we are just landlubbers no :)

We don't have a woman/man at every port and syphilis to show for our travels no... :)

duka thamai macahng ne? :lol:

it's a classification and yes there can and there is a position too under that department.

like there can be an engineer in the engineering department.

Just because the small ships you run in not having such a department doesn't mean it's the same all over...

And yes it's from the web...so what's your point..

i never said i was an expert on shipping matters :)

but i do know the difference in an "engineering department" and the "engine room department" as you say :P

"engineering department" and "engine room department"??????????????????????

as long as you comment here you are proving that you are a superb ediot machang. :alc:

who dont know anything and who tryng to say something and something and all without admiring anything..

4250TEU is small???1st time i heard that...any way keep commenting machang...

congrats...

Machang it sound like a small boat you work in, I think you definitely will need a carpenter.

Again, how is the fuel consumption on these boats?

Emma mearsk is one of the largest container vessels in the trade now..

just check how much is the total onboard that vessel...

at least then you'l understand that there are no stewards and assistant stewards and all..

learn to listen to others dude.at least tikakwath... :alc: :alc:

haiyo...not the smartest tool in the shed aren't we :P

of course there are no more carpenters cos there aren't that many carpentry work to be done at sea in a ship.

Possibly that role was mostly necessary when wood was used as a shipbuilding material and mid sea repairs etc were needed...

really a no-brainer to figure out and don't think it has a lot to do with shipping companies wanting to have a higher margin.

Maybe hiring folks as 3 mates when they are qualified 2nd mates might be to increase their margins :P

thats what im telling too..

the article that master mariner quote is a general one which covers the good all days too...its not applicable now...

that pandithas is not accepting that..

referring a general article and keep on commenting... and then talking about the boats alsoooo... :D :D :D :D

thats what i told if you talk about ships you luk STUPID

DONT TALK ABOUT SHIPS MATE...YOU WILL LOOK STUPID..

there are 3 departments..

engine,deck and catering...

deck department doesnot need knowledge about the michanical things cos their job it to navigate the ship..

It's you who said "engine department" :D :D

whereas the international classification is "Engineering Department"

and the real idiot here is the moron who doesn't even know how to use google to find out something as simple as mpg stats of a car :P

Why the hell is this cooking on board a ship and carpentry, shipping professions etc etc going on in a car thread in the general automotive section?? blink.gif It's gone way OT and the whole thread makes little sense rolleyes.gif

@M navy - No dude, the hybrid Civic won't do 50km/l as it's just got a petrol engine with a motor to assist. Even idling consumes fuel. Not even a Prius could do that in SL conditions, end of story.

thanks dude...sorry for the things i told.but i only answered for the comments..

i searched but no topic was on civic hybrid.

and i saw couple of civic hybrids here...thats why i raised the topic.

It's you who said "engine department" :D :D

whereas the international classification is "Engineering Department"

and the real idiot here is the moron who doesn't even know how to use google to find out something as simple as mpg stats of a car :P

international classification?

another big word...

you know how to use google?

then check and see wheather there are stewards and assistant stewards are on the trade now machang.

MNavy, Personally I think you are stupid retard who came here and just happened to mention that you are in the know about ships and all.

Had you said you were in the SL Navy and washed the decks of a Dvora, we would have respected you more, but you are nothing but a glorified lorry cleaner who is dying to get some recognition for a job that no one here really gives two hoots about.

You don't have the basic skills in getting the information you need from the internet, for example, I believe that you cant read simple words like "search".

I am shocked to realize that people like you are roaming the open seas, 3rd down the line of actually commanding a ship.

Whats shocking is how you misrepresented a simple statement of 50mpg to 50Kmpl... now that my, wet behind the ears wannabe Sea Captain, is a MAJOR mistake in terms of your profession... imagine you making a stupid mistake like that when plotting your course.

Ha ha ha... so be a good boy, learn how to SEARCH, be nice to people who are trying to help, and while you wait for the next sailing of your Banana Boat, HAPPY SURFING!

I hope I made myself very clear, else, I can always try to draw pictures for you, or as they do in your line of work, raise a few flags to convey my message. :)

Edited by VVTi

MNavy, Personally I think you are stupid retard who came here and just happened to mention that you are in the know about ships and all.

Had you said you were in the SL Navy and washed the decks of a Dvora, we would have respected you more, but you are nothing but a glorified lorry cleaner who is dying to get some recognition for a job that no one here really gives two hoots about.

You don't have the basic skills in getting the information you need from the internet, for example, I believe that you cant read simple words like "search".

I am shocked to realize that people like you are roaming the open seas, 3rd down the line of actually commanding a ship.

Whats shocking is how you misrepresented a simple statement of 50mpg to 50Kmpl... now that my, wet behind the ears wannabe Sea Captain, is a MAJOR mistake in terms of your profession... imagine you making a stupid mistake like that when plotting your course.

Ha ha ha... so be a good boy, learn how to SEARCH, be nice to people who are trying to help, and while you wait for the next sailing of your Banana Boat, HAPPY SURFING!

I hope I made myself very clear, else, I can always try to draw pictures for you, or as they do in your line of work, raise a few flags to convey my message. :)

brother dont take this to a too much personal level.about the fuel consumption he was referring to an advertisement in autolanka there they had mentioned that 50kmpl..he might have his own weaknesses and even you and me non of us are perfect.. these kind of threads would create a negative image on the eyes of other people who visit the forum.no personal offense at anyone. peace!

Edited by Hiran690

Guys something just struck me :mellow:

Isnt this guy M navy suppose to be a merchant sailor ?

so isnt he suppose to be in the sea for like 6 months at a time ?

If he is actually by profession a sailor how can he access the internet while on the sea ? cause the last time i checked ships other than luxury yachts and luxury cruisers dont have internet, let alone a merchant cargo ship :angry-smiley-048::action-smiley-060::box:

(I'm not referring to any particular person in this thread)

I've seen lot of people with poor internet searching skills, for whom google/wikipedia is not everyday tools. Especially people in professions where they don't use internet much like lawyers doctors etc, and also people in the age group 40~50 who were not hit by the so called cyber wave.

So my point? You cant just judge someone for having poor internet searching skills. They are not stupid they just lack a certain skill.

Asking someone (by posting on a forum) is more familiar to them than doing a google search.

So dont get so irritated when such a person hits autolanka. :)

P.S. check how many questions on www.answers.com or answers.yahoo.com could have been answered by a simple google search. :blink:

I've seen lot of people with poor internet searching skills, for whom google/wikipedia is not everyday tools. Especially people in professions where they don't use internet much like lawyers doctors etc, and also people in the age group 40~50 who were not hit by the so called cyber wave.

So my point? You cant just judge someone for having poor internet searching skills. They are not stupid they just lack a certain skill.

Asking someone (by posting on a forum) is more familiar to them than doing a google search.

P.S. check how many questions on www.answers.com or answers.yahoo.com could have been answered by a simple google search. :blink:

well said +1

OK, how about this. you type (not copy/paste) what you just said every time someone is told to search the forum without asking an already answered question? I bet you wont be bothered to. Its the same for others too. We dont wanna answer the same thing over and over again.

So you try preaching your sermon after you've done that.

Guys something just struck me :mellow:

Isnt this guy M navy suppose to be a merchant sailor ?

so isnt he suppose to be in the sea for like 6 months at a time ?

If he is actually by profession a sailor how can he access the internet while on the sea ? cause the last time i checked ships other than luxury yachts and luxury cruisers dont have internet, let alone a merchant cargo ship :angry-smiley-048::action-smiley-060::box:

another stupid comment..

if you check clearly all the Mearsk line VLCC's and ULCC'c have internet...

not only Mearsk line there are so many other companies which has the internet facility on board ships..

check again ediot..

brother dont take this to a too much personal level.about the fuel consumption he was referring to an advertisement in autolanka there they had mentioned that 50kmpl..he might have his own weaknesses and even you and me non of us are perfect.. these kind of threads would create a negative image on the eyes of other people who visit the forum.no personal offense at anyone. peace!

Correct..there was a add here..stating 50km/l...

thats why i raised this thread.. :alc: :alc:

Edited by M navy

OK, how about this. you type (not copy/paste) what you just said every time someone is told to search the forum without asking an already answered question? I bet you wont be bothered to. Its the same for others too. We dont wanna answer the same thing over and over again.

So you try preaching your sermon after you've done that.

1+

I would love to see these "preachers" answering these retarded noob queries for a change

And it's quite funny that somebody having enough internet skills to have an email id and go through the registration process of autolanka and not know how to google :P

Jeez...how stupid do you have to be to believe this drivel

another stupid comment..

not only Mearsk line there are so many other companies which has the internet facility on board ships..

check again ediot..

This topic is getting bored now.. BTW, idiot is spelled with an I not with an E.. cheers bro!

:alc:

Edited by Simplelife

@M Navy,

Bro lil' advise from "Newbie" me, don't go on disclosing

'bout your profession and company it's bad for you and the relavant parties may noy approve that

After all you hv a life to live when you logout..

Just my humble 1 cent :)

Peace !!!Love you all :alc:

plotting course??

another google word..

see machang..

I FEEL REALLY SORRY FOR A FANTASTIC STUPID EDIOT like you machang..

and i feel really sorry for the people who are working with you specially if you are in a position where several people works under you...

FANTASTIC STUPID EDIOT WHO DONT KNOW ANY THING AND AT THE SAME TIME WHO DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO ANY OTHER..

i have a job machang....i dont need any job..may be you are not having.

machang ochchara amaruwak thiyanawa nam mehema karamuko..

i told you ne...you cam simply take a call to shiping ministry and check ne..if you dont have money to give that call them ill pay for it ne.just dont comment like ........ machang.

JEALOUS da machang?thats why ne?

so oba thumata therennama kiyannamko..

echcharama amaruwak thiyanawanam ehema just give a simple call ne...sooo others will no whats the truth.more importantly you will understand that you also must learn to listen to others as well..

oba thumage meti olugediyata medewath thereida balamu.. :alc: :alc:

@M Navy,

Bro lil' advise from "Newbie" me, don't go on disclosing

'bout your profession and company it's bad for you and the relavant parties may noy approve that

After all you hv a life to live when you logout..

Just my humble 1 cent :)

Peace !!!Love you all :alc:

thanks dude..i just answered that bunch of idiots.nothing personal.. cheers.. :alc: :alc:

another stupid comment..

check again ediot..

Enlighten me, oh Captain, what in the wide world is an "ediot"? Is it one of those seafaring ranks that you keep banging on about? Does it belong in the Deck, Engine or Catering department?

Just Curious