• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Like To Know Some Information About Cvt Gearbox Of Susuki Swift 2008 Model

waruna077

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi People,

My mother bought the same Suzuki 2008 with a CVT gear box and when we did the first service via PIT Stop A*W, they too said the same thing about the lifetime oil – which I thought was a load of BS.

I called them today to see if their technicians had completed the training they had been supposed to have gone , and they confirmed the story. Mind you there is no Dip Stick to check the gear oil.

But the bloke I spoke to said that 100k was the limit but could not comment on anything more but they have put in reconditioned gear boxes and put in the fluid – thus it can be one. The fluid is expensive apx Rs. 4000/- a liter . I forgot to ask how much of oil is needed ; me guessing about 4 -5 Liters .

I feel I should ask them to change it on the next service just to be on the safe side as all have mentioned. Every 20 or 30K should be good intervals to change CVT oil me think –

Has any one else done a CVT change on Suzuki at PIT stop/A*W???

• 2 months later...

Uncle Shintaro here, no expert, but my Vitz needs a change every 40k kms. The old CS2 lancer needed it every 30k kms. So this should tell you puthay that each CVT gearbox from different manufacturers require different periods of maintenance. Son, check the owners manual or give A*W a call if you can't be arsed to go down there - quite understandable this Union Place traffic. No point asking people who have never seen your car, no?