• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prices Dropped!

rockerz

Hold your horses boys, man does have a point. Prices of popular gasoline cars have come down a bit in Japan. And it IS due to the sudden popularity of hybrids in SL. Majority of the importers are now concentrating on bringing in more and more hybrids instead of normal gasoline cars due to reasons we all know. So the demand for gasoline cars at auctions has gone down.

exactly correct... :alc:

when we step out there are sooo many hybrids.specially the Prius..

i doubt..in another couple of years time they will be popular more than any other..

exactly correct... :alc:

when we step out there are sooo many hybrids.specially the Prius..

i doubt..in another couple of years time they will be popular more than any other..

which means there would be many road hoggers ? in this morning itself I had to thrash out two road hogging hybrids to get my way on the right most lane. They'll be worst than the trishaws in the time to come it seems.

which means there would be many road hoggers ? in this morning itself I had to thrash out two road hogging hybrids to get my way on the right most lane. They'll be worst than the trishaws in the time to come it seems.

road hoggers mostly tend to be smaller cars and/or new drivers...at least those are the ones i meet most often.

there's some sense of insecurity they have to go on the right most lane and do a cool 20kmh.

no amount of honking, signalling, light flashing will make these morons budge...

at least that was the case when i had the car...

they react a little different to the truck now :P

road hoggers mostly tend to be smaller cars and/or new drivers...at least those are the ones i meet most often.

there's some sense of insecurity they have to go on the right most lane and do a cool 20kmh.

no amount of honking, signalling, light flashing will make these morons budge...

at least that was the case when i had the car...

they react a little different to the truck now :P

they always react to an all 4 lights flashing 406 with little bit of wiggling of the nose of the car :D

So that means SL is like a Junk Yard for japanese scrap ? :unsure:

Ha ha, I think this statement has been true for the last 40 years or so :)

The Sri Lankan market is purely price driven. Whatever is the cheapest is whatever tends to shift most, at least at the initial stages.

To be honest if enough hybrids are sold, the infrastructure to maintain them will spring up organically so I think it might actually become less of an issue. But I'm also curious if the price drops will have a knock on effect on the car market. It's certainly due for a price correction soon :)