• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Axio Nze - 144

kapuwa

I'd ignore any presentations on Hybrids :) There is already enough threads dedicated to the subject. A recent what car article found that Hybrids aren't that much cleaner than an efficient diesel, at least using current technology. What the government actually needs to do is to drop the tax on small engined clean diesel cars (ones that emit less than say 100g/Km of CO2)

if this will happen it will be great. :) but from where the things are now it likely will not happen by long shot. :(

Bluehaze, I'm not encouraging people to destroy their cars. Just pointing out there is a possible exit route if the 4WD system becomes too difficult to maintain. And to be honest, this is hardly an exotic, and does not really serve much of a purpose in daily driving.

Yes it's no exotic, but just a rare version of a boring car, which might inturn give it the potential to be not so boring, and afaik there's good support from TRD for the 1NZ-FE, even a supercharger kit. And don't see such difficulty in maintaining a 4WD system. For people on flat roads, not much use but good for the hilly areas, so what I meant was better to buy and keep it as it is or buy a relevant vehicle, than spend another lot on converting etc. :)

They mean not required, since these systems are designed to tackle snow and ice on the roads. But if you regularly drive on roads with low grip (dirt roads, or roads that turn muddy in the rain) you could get some benefit out of it. Specially if you have to handle slopes.

+1

I wonder what the importer was thinking when he imported this car. As a matter of fact the key selling points of axio's in this country are ofcourse the brand and the fuel efficiency. What is the rationale of importing a car that conflicts with one of the two fundermental demand variables of the model :action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060:

Yes but what you have missed is that this is not USA, local agents dont fully support the prius yet and there are no places to replace batteries or any other parts as a matter of fact. And since we dont have recycling plants dumping old batteries are a problem as well, and considering the fact that most cars brought here are used batteries will definitely need to be changed within a couple of years

what if you go for a 2010 model?? and are you aware that Prius is the world's best selling.....NOT the corolla anymore....i got some friends in Japan, it seems the Prius price is going up due to the increasing demand.....if i had two choose between prius and corolla, i would go for the Prius( its my opinion :)

what if you go for a 2010 model?? and are you aware that Prius is the world's best selling.....NOT the corolla anymore....i got some friends in Japan, it seems the Prius price is going up due to the increasing demand.....if i had two choose between prius and corolla, i would go for the Prius( its my opinion :)

Whether you go for a Prius or not is your decision. In the end it is your money :)

The Prius is Japan's current best selling vehicle. This fact is only limited to the Japanese domestic market. Saying the world is stretching it waaaay too far. You see my child, the Prius is not yet available in every market Toyota sells cars while the Corolla (now sold as Auris and Axio is :) Don't believe the hype, check the facts :)

The Prius is Japan's current best selling vehicle. This fact is only limited to the Japanese domestic market. Saying the world is stretching it waaaay too far. You see my child, the Prius is not yet available in every market Toyota sells cars while the Corolla (now sold as Auris and Axio is :) Don't believe the hype, check the facts :)

Actually now its the Honda Fit. :)

Yes it's no exotic, but just a rare version of a boring car, which might inturn give it the potential to be not so boring, and afaik there's good support from TRD for the 1NZ-FE, even a supercharger kit. And don't see such difficulty in maintaining a 4WD system. For people on flat roads, not much use but good for the hilly areas, so what I meant was better to buy and keep it as it is or buy a relevant vehicle, than spend another lot on converting etc. :)

+1

Rarity doesn't make a car more interesting, or for that matter better of more useful :) How a car handles is often more dependent on the quality of the chassis rather than how many wheels have power (which obviously does help). A good example is the Audi S4 vs the M3 of which the rear wheel drive M3 is still considered as having better driving characteristics than the S4 (I'm basing my view on a very recent top gear review). I'll let the market decide this one as I've never driven this car, never heard anybody else whose actually used it comment so I'll leave this one open.

Whether you go for a Prius or not is your decision. In the end it is your money :)

oopppss...yeah in Japan

Rarity doesn't make a car more interesting, or for that matter better of more useful :) How a car handles is often more dependent on the quality of the chassis rather than how many wheels have power (which obviously does help). A good example is the Audi S4 vs the M3 of which the rear wheel drive M3 is still considered as having better driving characteristics than the S4 (I'm basing my view on a very recent top gear review). I'll let the market decide this one as I've never driven this car, never heard anybody else whose actually used it comment so I'll leave this one open.

True that, when it comes to performance cars it really is important to consider all those things. :) But this has a mere 105hp and a viscous center differential, which means almost all the power is sent to the front wheels under normal conditions so I doubt there'd be a lot more wear and tear vs. 141 when, say compared to a Subaru Impreza AWD vs. FWD, where the mechanism is significantly different and power is equally distributed. This merely supplies power to the rear wheels only if they're turning slower than the front wheels, ie. they are slipping so it's used to improve handling to a certain extent and only when limited traction is there. Slow to react and it tries corrective measures only after you're in trouble so not the smartest system, but does the job anyway. But FC will be affected adversely nevertheless as more weight and drivetrain components increasing friction are there. As for the TG review, the Audi got serious understeering issues due to front being too heavy and too much power being sent to the front, while the BMW is easier to control, especially for JC, due to it's oversteering ability. But all this is from assuming the 144 is similar to 114, as they hardly seem to 'evolve'.

As for the market, normal SL buyers would always reject 4WD cars IMO. And factory fuel claims for Japan in 10/15 mode is 19km/l for the 141 and 15km/l for the 144. So in SL conditions, I noted it's usually around 70% of that so estimating ~13km/l for 141 and ~10.5km/l for the 144.

this importer is new kid in the block.

this this probably few of this first imports where he learned his lesson.

i feel sorry for him.

i feel the same way :lol:

True that, when it comes to performance cars it really is important to consider all those things. :) But this has a mere 105hp and a viscous center differential, which means almost all the power is sent to the front wheels under normal conditions so I doubt there'd be a lot more wear and tear vs. 141 when, say compared to a Subaru Impreza AWD vs. FWD, where the mechanism is significantly different and power is equally distributed. This merely supplies power to the rear wheels only if they're turning slower than the front wheels, ie. they are slipping so it's used to improve handling to a certain extent and only when limited traction is there. Slow to react and it tries corrective measures only after you're in trouble so not the smartest system, but does the job anyway. But FC will be affected adversely nevertheless as more weight and drivetrain components increasing friction are there. As for the TG review, the Audi got serious understeering issues due to front being too heavy and too much power being sent to the front, while the BMW is easier to control, especially for JC, due to it's oversteering ability. But all this is from assuming the 144 is similar to 114, as they hardly seem to 'evolve'.

As for the market, normal SL buyers would always reject 4WD cars IMO. And factory fuel claims for Japan in 10/15 mode is 19km/l for the 141 and 15km/l for the 144. So in SL conditions, I noted it's usually around 70% of that so estimating ~13km/l for 141 and ~10.5km/l for the 144.

Bluhaze, The Impressa chassis are finely tuned to accommodate the AWD system (In fact if I remember right its mostly sold in AWD mode). The same is true of the Lancer chassis and you will feel it when you drive one even on front wheel drive form. In the Toyota Axio, this is an option and by the looks of it not a very popular option. So do you give my drift ? Making a car AWD does not necessarily result in better handling, nor does it make it a better car. If a system does not add value to the car, or has a useful practical application (I can't think of anybody going off road in a car, particular if they value the under carriage) then why pay money to buy and maintain it?

• Like 1

oopppss...yeah in Japan

Well 2010 model wouldn't have much problems with the batteries but still there would be no place willing to repair hybrids for sometime/

Actually the current best selling car in Japan is the honda fit,not the prius

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/08/honda-fit-overtakes-toyota-prius-as-best-selling-vehicle-in-japa/

FYI if i had to choose between a corolla and a prius i would kill myself first :violent-smiley-011:

Edited by The Stig

Well 2010 model wouldn't have much problems with the batteries but still there would be no place willing to repair hybrids for sometime/

Actually the current best selling car in Japan is the honda fit,not the prius

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/08/honda-fit-overtakes-toyota-prius-as-best-selling-vehicle-in-japa/

FYI if i had to choose between a corolla and a prius i would kill myself first :violent-smiley-011:

yeah the FIT became the best selling car...maybe its because its cheaper than prius....but however Prius is bigger...it can be a good mid size family car.....and yeah the 2009/2010 model Prius have started to come into SL...saw one few days in kandy...i think it was the 2009 model Prius advertised in AL