• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cars For Tall People :)

don03

hang on, u can pickup a W126 for less than 1.5m? i dont think so, u probably meant W124 or W123

Yes you can. Just because people ask 2 million plus doesnt mean people should PAY that kinda money. Especially if a big engined petrol can be found. (Highly unlikely though now sadly. They've all been diesel converted!)

• Like 1

Yes you can. Just because people ask 2 million plus doesnt mean people should PAY that kinda money. Especially if a big engined petrol can be found. (Highly unlikely though now sadly. They've all been diesel converted!)

damn....as you mentioned most of them being diesel and all i didn't expect there to be such a leeway in price........well, that dream is closer to reality than i hoped :grinning-smiley-003:

Edited by tharindra

damn....as you mentioned most of them being diesel and all i didn't expect there to be such a leeway in price........well, that dream is closer to reality than i hoped :grinning-smiley-003:

yup i saw one advertised for 1.6 sm time bk. plus i was helping a friend of mine look for his 2ns W126 which the owner was agreeing to let go for 1.4. i saw a mint specimen on AL couple of weeks bk but that was on the higher side though.

I'm 6 foot 4 and have not had much of an issue driving a Nissan Sunny, only problem is that I have to put the seat all the way back to prevent my legs hitting the steering column and that makes me not see very high over the steering wheel to be comfortable cos the seat in that is pretty low anyway. So then I sit on a cushion, and tell people it's cos I'm too short :D Have not found this to be much of a problem in most Japanese cars, though curiously I have found this to be an issue for me in the older BMW 5 series (2003). Would've thought that they make them for taller people in the first place.

I think what you need is a car with steering column adjustment ! I mean I drive a Nissan Micra quite regularly apart from other cars and run a Mirage in SL and I've not had issues with both. I just move the steering column a little up and compensate a little with the seat height adjustment.

Any Peri, the Mini's pedals are quite small. But they are not as badly positioned as say the Peugeot 206. In that car you constantly run the risk of breaking instead of pressing the clutch !

im 6ft as well and come across the same prob which is why i drive a pickup for your budget you can get a good pickup in my opinion. if not youd prob have to stick wut the some of the guys have recommended. weird enough i cant seem to fit into an E46. have to struggle my way in. check on these as well.

1) Merc W126

2) Toyota Camry

3) Nissan laurel

4) Mazda 626

5) Kia optima

6) Galant (slightly higher than your budget)

If your interested in pickups you should be able to score a decent early 50 seires one.

oh don't say that about the mighty e46.

im 6ft as well and come across the same prob which is why i drive a pickup for your budget you can get a good pickup in my opinion. if not youd prob have to stick wut the some of the guys have recommended. weird enough i cant seem to fit into an E46. have to struggle my way in. check on these as well.

1) Merc W126

2) Toyota Camry

3) Nissan laurel

4) Mazda 626

5) Kia optima

6) Galant (slightly higher than your budget)

If your interested in pickups you should be able to score a decent early 50 seires one.

Thats Strange.... I'm 6 Ft tall and have no problems with my E46. Of course you have to adjust the Height of the seat correctly - as they could be raised up pretty high to suit much shorter folks as well. Seats are pretty wide too... you actually sit 'In' them rather than 'On' them as you would do in most Jap cars.

I am 6 feet tall and I have driven a Maruti 800 for more than 2 years. No problem occurred in driving seat except had to drag the seat behind.But in rear seat you might hit your head on hood when the car goes over a hump or a pit hole . Now I am driving a corolla 110 and no problem at all! (due to the height )But I found difficult to drive old (32 sri... don't know the model ) carina as my legs hit the steering wheel .

Thats Strange.... I'm 6 Ft tall and have no problems with my E46. Of course you have to adjust the Height of the seat correctly - as they could be raised up pretty high to suit much shorter folks as well. Seats are pretty wide too... you actually sit 'In' them rather than 'On' them as you would do in most Jap cars.

yup even after adjusting the seat and raising the steering wheel to the highest point. i just push the seat right back now to get and then adjust it to fit me. leg space after im in is plenty no doubt just the part of getting in and out is troublesome.

Carina TI(1996-1998), Bluebird(not sure about the model no).... :)

i think it is little bit hard to find a good condition carina ti for that price but you can find a Bluebird su14 and try to find diesel one because petrol one got the repetition to been lesser fuel economical car :)