• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ideal Seat Cover Material

KMG

respect for getting that one through the missus!

tried and failed one here.

Me too; tried several times.

Either none of those parties listen to me; of course my little one is just 1 1/2yrs old and still he dont know how to signal a throw up, poor him. So how can I teach him at this age.

Actually there were 2 insidents where he threw up in the back seat and managed to clean it with less affort.

Wife; oh no. :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-099: ...> :blink: Dont want to see me offence to kids at all, in side the car or at home. Both are now sitting in the back seat while travel after huge argument because my son start pressing all touch pannels in the dashboard :D and I was pushing him away.

All Peace now!!! :lol:

Sear Mates

thank you for your valuble advice,

i have cheked in eriyagama place (Blu3Haze mentioned) but only available is fabric material. Buying materal from "colombo leather" and made up it at local place is good option.

how much it will be cost for a material for avarage set of car seats, in leather or synthetic leather ?

what is best value, leather or synthetic leather ?

pls drop me a mail [email protected]. Will give you the nebomgo contact. Try that place if you cannot find a place near Kandy.

Edited by slcamel

So you're going to buy the material from Col and get it done in Kandy? The covers I'd mentioned had come as a special offer for uni staff so had been comparatively cheap, and of good quality, not fabric either.

please send me some detail to [email protected] or post here if you think it will worth the otheres.

thank you all of you for kind advices

I beg to differ on that, cuz most stock Toyota seats aren't that comfortable, so after going in another Yaris which had seat covers of soft artificial leather like material with a spongy material inside, really got sick of the normal plain seats dry.gif

i'l agree with you if he is going to put a seat cover on a Yaris.....but he's actually going 2 put a seat cover on a Premio/Allion which comes with good comfy seats! ;)

i'l agree with you if he is going to put a seat cover on a Yaris.....but he's actually going 2 put a seat cover on a Premio/Allion which comes with good comfy seats! ;)

Dude I've been in the 240 and 260 both, they aren't as comfortable as we expect them to be :) The car with the most comfortable seats and suspension I've been here was a Nissan Cedric, like sitting on a sofa in a cruise boat biggrin.gif

Dude I've been in the 240 and 260 both, they aren't as comfortable as we expect them to be :) The car with the most comfortable seats and suspension I've been here was a Nissan Cedric, like sitting on a sofa in a cruise boat biggrin.gif

IMHO 240/260 seats are very similar to 121/axio. so me too experienced what you mentioned. allion/premio is nothing more than a souped up corolla. spacious, yes decently. since suspension tuning is comfort biased, seems comfortable during civilised use but seats are indeed a big let down. reliable, yes. good resale value, yes. but if anyone buys one for any other damn reason they are either retarded or haven't seen or known anything better.

• Like 1

Dear mates

planning to go to colombo in next few days time to get seat cover done / to buy material for coveres, please let me know any known places to you. ( my idea is to put one of following - synthetic leather,/ leather / some material called japan rexin by selleres ). thanks

Edited by KMG

i did not read the other posts in this thread so may be this place has already been mentioned already. but there is a very big place on to your right hand side when you drive past ambepussa restaurant/warakapola junction when driving from colmbo.

Your sources need serious double checking :P

OR the smell could be of a result of extra curricular activities which resulted in quantities of said juice getting dumped on.

Why, Don, you player! Of course, you could try not to sweat on your seats. I'm sure Max will be able to educate you on the techniques, very experienced chap, that Madmax... I'm guessing he cleans the car if he messes up there :D

heh heh...You seem to be very familiar with Max's activities Peri :P

Max is like my brother-from-another-mother, and he already expounded on his car cleaning activities on this thread :) As for his activities, nefarious fellow, that Max. Those who know him, know that even the kitchen sink is liable to have been used as a place. How did that nursery rhyme go? "Upstairs, downstairs, in his ladies chamber"?

There was a reason I was not willing to ride in the back seat of my car while letting someone else drive. It used to be with Max before I bought it!

• Like 1

:D Ya know what I just remembered? I even called it before his kid was conceived. Before he went off to Singapore, I told him "Machang, those hotel beds in Singapore, its gonna happen". And me words were prophetic, it did! You can ask him!

Max is like my brother-from-another-mother, and he already expounded on his car cleaning activities on this thread :) As for his activities, nefarious fellow, that Max. Those who know him, know that even the kitchen sink is liable to have been used as a place. How did that nursery rhyme go? "Upstairs, downstairs, in his ladies chamber"?

There was a reason I was not willing to ride in the back seat of my car while letting someone else drive. It used to be with Max before I bought it!

errr...y'know you could have told me that bit of information when we were interested in his Rexton... :P:lol:

but isnt the Cedric a executive car while the Premio/Allion are large family cars....in my opinion i will never install thrid party stuff to my interior....i want my interior to be ORIGINAL!!..that doesnt mean i wont fit a woofer to my ride :)

but isnt the Cedric a executive car while the Premio/Allion are large family cars....in my opinion i will never install thrid party stuff to my interior....i want my interior to be ORIGINAL!!..that doesnt mean i wont fit a woofer to my ride :)

For the Cedric, I did say most. If comparing with the 260, which you say are large family cars, then old competitors would have been the Chaser, Cefiro etc. and they gave better comfort although made around 10 years ago.

Ah so fixing lots of extra speakers keeps it original? :)

Well interior deteriorates over time, unless of course you want to drive your car suspended in air, let nobody else in and vacuum yourself completely before you get in.

• Like 1

For the Cedric, I did say most. If comparing with the 260, which you say are large family cars, then old competitors would have been the Chaser, Cefiro etc. and they gave better comfort although made around 10 years ago.

Ah so fixing lots of extra speakers keeps it original? :)

well errrr....how do you i explain this to you???.....mmm..it like this i dont like fixing stuff to protect my interior..you know like some people cover the side boards with some see through material....and fixing seat covers etc.......i keep my car interior very clean....i dont step into it witch dirty shoes...i vacuum it when i get time etc..... i hope you get what im trying to say :) ...and yeah i have a woofer in the trunk :D

Well interior deteriorates over time, unless of course you want to drive your car suspended in air, let nobody else in and vacuum yourself completely before you get in.

well i vacuum it when i have time like once a month or something and me and my friends dont get into with dirty shoes ( if its rainy i put use a paper on top of the carpet) and i only take 3 passenger with me ( four in the car with me):)

well errrr....how do you i explain this to you???.....mmm..it like this i dont like fixing stuff to protect my interior..you know like some people cover the side boards with some see through material....and fixing seat covers etc.......i keep my car interior very clean....i dont step into it witch dirty shoes...i vacuum it when i get time etc..... i hope you get what im trying to say :) ...and yeah i have a woofer in the trunk :D

Yes that's all very good but you have to realize there is always normal wear and tear however careful you're with anything. That can't be prevented completely even with seat covers etc., but can prolong the time it takes to do the same deterioration. And they do easily come off you know... :)

well i vacuum it when i have time like once a month or something and me and my friends dont get into with dirty shoes ( if its rainy i put use a paper on top of the carpet) and i only take 3 passenger with me ( four in the car with me):)

The Don was speaking about vacuum cleaning yourself before you get in rolleyes.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...