• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Nano

Nirosha

I agree sifaan :) there were some discussions about converting all tuktuks to meter tuktuks but guess it is not happening soon. but if there are more nano's on taxi buisness and if there is a nano taxi and a tuktuk in the park and both are charging the same rate who would use tuktuks ?? so its always better to have a compitition :):alc:

that's going to take much more than the 100 nano's these guys say they plan to have by the end of the year...

Just saw D*MO's Nano ad - it's hilarious:

the key to happiness is driving one of the most technologically advanced automobiles ever invented

the guys @ Sarva must have been smoking some really good stuff.

Good God...

What's there slogan for the 'S' Class then... :action-smiley-060:

May be the D*MO Marketing dept has messed up the slogans for the S Class and Nano.

Advertisement in tomorrows papers "Find more kelometers in every litre, Now you can...

...with the new Mercedes S Class" :D

• Like 2

i agree stig it is not even a good looking car. :action-smiley-060:

:D I suppose it's bit better looking than what micro introduced first..I can't imagine whether this tiny little toy will get a market here or not. :unsure:

May be the D*MO Marketing dept has messed up the slogans for the S Class and Nano.

I think it can be the Tata buggers as well.. I looked up a brochure to see if that lovely line was from India, and it says the car "exceeds safety standards" and the only safety device it has are seatbelts. (at least they could include a fire extinguisher, never mind airbags)

(as for technologically advanced, it seems a low fuel indicator comes standard on all models.)

I think it can be the Tata buggers as well.. I looked up a brochure to see if that lovely line was from India, and it says the car "exceeds safety standards" and the only safety device it has are seatbelts. (at least they could include a fire extinguisher, never mind airbags)

(as for technologically advanced, it seems a low fuel indicator comes standard on all models.)

wow with this mind boggling technology :P tata nano is clearly car for the late 1980's :lol:

There is a bike that they keep advertising on cable, a Hero Honda IIRC, where they list out the features of the bike, including "A bright red tail lamp" or something like that. And you just have to wonder how short on features the bike has to be for marketing to think that a red tail lamp is a feature they should stress on the advert.

oh wow I guess I'm really going to buy a nano now.

wow with this mind boggling technology :P tata nano is clearly car for the late 1980's :lol:

Though we compare it against the Maruti or even other low end cars, the Nano was designed as a safer better alternative to a motorcycle right. So I dont think its fair to bitch about the lack of features on it. And in the end, you get what you pad for right. And in the indian (tax) context it does seem a good deal.

Had it been priced few hundred thousand lesser in SL it too would be a good alternative to a threewheeler, not just for big taxi companies but also individual taxi drivers.

Though we compare it against the Maruti or even other low end cars, the Nano was designed as a safer better alternative to a motorcycle right. So I dont think its fair to bitch about the lack of features on it. And in the end, you get what you pad for right.

spot on; and if they would advertise it that way, then fine... but saying "exceeds safety standards" (for motorbikes??) or "technologically advanced car ever made" (compared to 1980's cars?) is ridiculous even by the loose standards adopted by the advertising industry.

well the end of the day...the client signs off on the ads so i bet the agency guys had no control over it :)

but no ad can ever take away what you see and feel when you get into a nano and take a test drive :P

so big fail for tata chaps for making false claims

There is a bike that they keep advertising on cable, a Hero Honda IIRC, where they list out the features of the bike, including "A bright red tail lamp" or something like that. And you just have to wonder how short on features the bike has to be for marketing to think that a red tail lamp is a feature they should stress on the advert.

And its bloody irritating when they bring in the superior car making nations and compare them in their ads.

E.g.: 1

There's an indian "Sports" bike ad running in Star World, in which the Japanese people jump up and say "Unbelievable" (in japanese) after reading some news articles. Fact in the news is that this indian "Sports" bike is selling 5 times more than its japanese counterparts in india.

The real fact is... what's actually preventing these indians from buying a CBR is not the Indian bikes superiority, but the price difference...

E.g.: 2 Just Watch and judge...

• Like 1

also with the pricing...i doubt it's an alternative to motorbikes...

with the kinda money nano demands at the moment...you can get easily get a decent older euro or a jap car... a sedan too mind you.

Tata Pixel... Next move of the Tata...

Yahoo Autos--

This car concept capable of seating four adults from Indian manufacturer Tata might look like a futuristic golf cart, and for now it is still a figment of the future —- the expected release year for Europe is 2013. At its Geneva Motor Show debut, it drew praise for its city-friendly features like outstanding maneuverability and the "scissor" style doors designed to rotate upwards for getting in and out after parking in the smallest of spots.

http://www.tatapixel.com/

I just saw this when googling around...

Edited by Nirosha

• 2 weeks later...