• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fastest 1600Cc Car

Sanoj99

I doubt the Carina GT's as fast as the Ek9 and Type R's, its quite a heavy car, for this range you gotta look at either turbo charged or power to weight ratio.. Starlet GT would be the quickest IMO... It's got a cracker power to weight ratio..

Even the swift sport is a very good option, it may not have the straight line speed but if you guys are willing to add handling to this topic, It'll out-handle most of the cars listed... its a got an amazing chassis to deal with Handling.. Give it a small tweak in the ECU and Exhaust and it'll be a very good competitor in the SLH 1600 class. Specially at hill climbs and circuits like Pannala.

guys Ek 3 manual or Ck2 manual?

If that's your final choice, obviously the VTEC EK3 with it's 130hp SOHC 16 valve D15B which is better than 110hp SOHC 12 valve 4G15 in the CK2, while weights are quite similar, and you get the added front and rear double wishbone suspension for better handling.

Go for a SiR sedan, it's in a similar price range as a Vi-RS EK3

Everyone has gotten excited like this is the first time a topic like this has been discussed on AL. The man said stock car. And has also added options like Allions & Axelas in his list. Would anyone in their right mind go in go a Starlet GT when they can afford a much newer & comfortable car- just because the Starlet is faster?

Edited by Elvis_Pil

i'm already having a spinter ae110 (crystal light model) an auto 1. i rly hates auto cars cuz car handles speed by it self... i rly lyk ek3-manual bt itz bit hard 2 find english number ek3s'with manual transmission... bt i rly wanna one... i dnt lyk hatchbacks/small cars too

Edited by Sanoj99

what you need is nothing but carinaGT or Civic SiR sedan. by no means the fastest 1600ccs but it would suit your vaguely explained requirement best. in case if CGT or SiR is beyond your budget then normal EK3 with a VTEC engine might suit you next best. 130bhp and with a manual box would give you 0-100kph under 10 seconds easily. don't even talk about those other normal 1.5L n.a. n16s, fb15s, lancers, allions, corollas, axios they don't stand a chance even if the civic driver doesn't shift the gears properly.

i'm already having a spinter ae110 (crystal light model) an auto 1. i rly hates auto cars cuz car handles speed by it self... i rly lyk ek3-manual bt itz bit hard 2 find english number ek3s'with manual transmission... bt i rly wanna one... i dnt lyk hatchbacks/small cars too

try to find vi or virs :)

what you need is nothing but carinaGT or Civic SiR sedan. by no means the fastest 1600ccs but it would suit your vaguely explained requirement best. in case if CGT or SiR is beyond your budget then normal EK3 with a VTEC engine might suit you next best. 130bhp and with a manual box would give you 0-100kph under 10 seconds easily. don't even talk about those other normal 1.5L n.a. n16s, fb15s, lancers, allions, corollas, axios they don't stand a chance even if the civic driver doesn't shift the gears properly.

I'm not trying to start a war here, but I do disagree slightly about what you said, I'm pretty sure a vios does 0-100 in less than 10 seconds (in a manual that is) and I'm sure it'll give a normal EK3 Vtec a very good run for its money.. Allions and axios are abit too heavy to perform as well but they aren't that bad. N16 is just out of the question as its too darn heavy for the 1.5l engine.. But for a fair comparison a vios or a yaris 1.5 in manual might do the trick :)

But can we compare wankle engines and usual engines by their capacity ? Because the mechanism is different and probably wankle engines produce more power as well as more emissions in a given capacity. :unsure:

Well there wasnt any mentioning like "fastest 1600cc inline 4 cylinder engine" it just said fastest 1600cc engine didnt it :)

But yeah you have a valid point, but my point is that the topic wasnt specific to an engine type :alc:

I'm not trying to start a war here, but I do disagree slightly about what you said, I'm pretty sure a vios does 0-100 in less than 10 seconds (in a manual that is) and I'm sure it'll give a normal EK3 Vtec a very good run for its money.. Allions and axios are abit too heavy to perform as well but they aren't that bad. N16 is just out of the question as its too darn heavy for the 1.5l engine.. But for a fair comparison a vios or a yaris 1.5 in manual might do the trick :)

Yep true to some extent when comparing the HP's

Vios 4ZR-FE 108HP

civic D15Z4 105HP

Non vtec, yes the vios and the civic would be in a deadlock.

But a D15B vtec produces 128 HP.

Also there was a turbocharged 1.5 vios made for thai market only that produced 143PS. Should be a sweet deal but finding one is next to impossible :alc:

Yep true to some extent when comparing the HP's

Vios 4ZR-FE 108HP

civic D15Z4 105HP

Non vtec, yes the vios and the civic would be in a deadlock.

But a D15B vtec produces 128 HP.

Also there was a turbocharged 1.5 vios made for thai market only that produced 143PS. Should be a sweet deal but finding one is next to impossible :alc:

true, but even the vtec, its not that much more powerful than vvti, and on the topic of the vios vs civic, the vios has the power to weight advantage to make up for the lack of power from the engine alone.. So it's actually pretty evenly matched.

and the older vios has the 1NZFE engine producing 109 BHP right?

Turbo charged vios would be nice, but the youtube vid's of them are not thaat exciting to be honest.. :unsure:

Everyone has gotten excited like this is the first time a topic like this has been discussed on AL. The man said stock car. And has also added options like Allions & Axelas in his list. Would anyone in their right mind go in go a Starlet GT when they can afford a much newer & comfortable car- just because the Starlet is faster?

Yeh.. if you have the budget why don't you go for Axela? Also you can consider Civic ES1

Then look for a EK3 sedan, again it would be difficult to find the fastest 1600cc EK3 sedan, but yeah there are few i guess :)

my modified honda city vtec was less powerful and sometimes slightly slower than Vi/ViRS. i had a drag with a manual Vios and Vios couldn't keep up. and the Vios driver wasn't a monkey with gear shifting either.

power to weight of vios 109hp/990kg = 110hp, civic vi 130hp/1030kg = 126hp. there's no way vios can keep up with a Civic Vi, even if Vios engine is super torquey in the low-end and mighty good in gear ratios.

oh! let us not even talk about 1.5L axela here. they won't come anywhere close to 130hp civics.

Edited by isurujosh

my modified honda city vtec was less powerful and sometimes slightly slower than Vi/ViRS. i had a drag with a manual Vios and Vios couldn't keep up. and the Vios driver wasn't a monkey with gear shifting either.

I think your biggest problem is that you were drag racing a vios and a city.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 3

what's your problem?

either way... head to head cars are such.. Vios : City same kinda cars.. so its possibly can drag..and City will defa smoke the Vios.. but not with like Civics and a Carina GT ..

speaking of 1600 DOHCs... defa..EK9, EK4, EK3 Vi RS(SOHC) and EG9 , EG8 ZC 1.6 Wild Cam(SOHC) are 10 second cars..and not only from honda end... Toyota Carina GT, Corolla GT and from Nissan .. Pulsar VZR, Sunny VZR are also come into same category. Out of which my personal preference would be EK9 , Carina GT , Pulsar VZR ... Lovely Lovely Lovely Cars..

either way... head to head cars are such.. Vios : City same kinda cars.. so its possibly can drag..and City will defa smoke the Vios.. but not with like Civics and a Carina GT ..

speaking of 1600 DOHCs... defa..EK9, EK4, EK3 Vi RS(SOHC) and EG9 , EG8 ZC 1.6 Wild Cam(SOHC) are 10 second cars..and not only from honda end... Toyota Carina GT, Corolla GT and from Nissan .. Pulsar VZR, Sunny VZR are also come into same category. Out of which my personal preference would be EK9 , Carina GT , Pulsar VZR ... Lovely Lovely Lovely Cars..

Dude in general a '10 second car' is a car that does a quarter mile in 10 seconds. :huh:

Dude in general a '10 second car' is a car that does a quarter mile in 10 seconds. :huh:

True that bro...but non of these can do quarter mile in 10 secs ne... so obviously its 0-62Mph under 10 secs... LOL :rolleyes:

• Like 1