• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover Reliability

kaushama

Most of the issues in the LR range relate to the Range Rover, and the LR 3. To my knowledge the Freelander 2 is not a problematic vehicle and certainly does not have anything close to the RR and Disco electronics. Most of the bad press on the Freelanders relate to the first generation vehicle not the newer version.

The only reason why I might not buy it is LR was planning to discontinue the Freelander, though I don't know if they have changed their minds.

Comparing the reliability of different Land Rover vehicles doesn't really tell us that much about LR reliability overall because the entire range averages out to bottom of the class poor reliability. It's like the 5 bottom scoring students in a class comparing test results and ignoring the results of the top scoring students in the class.

The FL2 might be "reliable" in comparison with the Range Rover or LR3. But compare the FL2 reliability with the Montero or Land Cruiser and the FL2 would almost certainly be unreliable.

• Like 1

Thanks! I would either buy FL2 or bimmer. Just wanted to know the least troublesome one between two. FL2 is the best overall package coz it does serious off-roading. Though both brands are not as reliable as Japanese cars I would still love the ride. But obviously like to have least trouble after paying 6+ mil rupees. If not for the FL2 reputation most probably it earned from its older genaration cars, I would have gone for it without any doubt as I would love to have a proper SUV.

Hi Doctor, I think the discussion we had yesterday is more reassuring about your purchase.

Most of the issues in the LR range relate to the Range Rover, and the LR 3. To my knowledge the Freelander 2 is not a problematic vehicle and certainly does not have anything close to the RR and Disco electronics. Most of the bad press on the Freelanders relate to the first generation vehicle not the newer version.

The only reason why I might not buy it is LR was planning to discontinue the Freelander, though I don't know if they have changed their minds.

The Don; That was something that came up with the new concept LRX. It has now become the Range Rover Evoque with the dual branding strategy of land Rover (They have broken up into Land Rover and Range Rover). Land Rover will continue with the line up of Discovery, Defender and Freelander whilst Range Rover line up will consist of Evoque, Sport and Vogue.

JD Powers survey: the one that ALL the car manufacturers use

64284.jpg

Comparing the reliability of different Land Rover vehicles doesn't really tell us that much about LR reliability overall because the entire range averages out to bottom of the class poor reliability. It's like the 5 bottom scoring students in a class comparing test results and ignoring the results of the top scoring students in the class.

The FL2 might be "reliable" in comparison with the Range Rover or LR3. But compare the FL2 reliability with the Montero or Land Cruiser and the FL2 would almost certainly be unreliable.

Californikan,

Do you have any weight in whet you say here, your earlier post shows that the Freelander (previous gen) is far superior to the Mitsubishi Shogun (Montero) So how do you arrive at that conclusion, furthermore your beloved Land Cruiser is not even in the list. Dont you remember that Toyota / Lexus had to recall the new Prado due to braking and Traction control related issues? And they were deemed unsafe by the same public that loved them; the Americans!

I dont want to bash no one but you made me go back to one of your previous postings seeing how against you are to a person buying any euro vehicle.

Bottom line is people may say a lot of things bad or good about a European vehicle but there will be bunch of people who will buy them regardless of all those issues. And the people in the Japanese mind frames will keep buying them regardless of how bad they are or how ugly they maybe.

• Like 2

Californikan,

Do you have any weight in whet you say here, your earlier post shows that the Freelander (previous gen) is far superior to the Mitsubishi Shogun (Montero) So how do you arrive at that conclusion, furthermore your beloved Land Cruiser is not even in the list. Dont you remember that Toyota / Lexus had to recall the new Prado due to braking and Traction control related issues? And they were deemed unsafe by the same public that loved them; the Americans!

I dont want to bash no one but you made me go back to one of your previous postings seeing how against you are to a person buying any euro vehicle.

Bottom line is people may say a lot of things bad or good about a European vehicle but there will be bunch of people who will buy them regardless of all those issues. And the people in the Japanese mind frames will keep buying them regardless of how bad they are or how ugly they maybe.

Dont waste your breath gummy, as far as Californikan is concerned anything that isnt a japanese hybrid is a waste of money (in his expert opinion). Nothing anyone else says is going to change that so you might as well just let him drone on.

Californikan,

Thanks for pointing that out to me Gummybr. I appreciate it. You make some good points and have some great perspectives.

Yes. An Audi and a BMW. Both had terrible reliability. Lots of little issues like the check engine going on, electrical problems etc, and some big issues such as one cylinder suddenly stopping working and stranding me with the Audi. Compare that to a Lexus I put 350,000kms on and never had one single problem. People I know personally who've had Euro cars have had similar experiences and far more reliability issues with their cars than people I know with Japanese cars.

Wow! You put 350,000Kms on a Lexus? What did you do? drive to the moon and back?

RESPECT!!!

Edited by VVTi

Thanks! I would either buy FL2 or bimmer. Just wanted to know the least troublesome one between two. FL2 is the best overall package coz it does serious off-roading. Though both brands are not as reliable as Japanese cars I would still love the ride. But obviously like to have least trouble after paying 6+ mil rupees. If not for the FL2 reputation most probably it earned from its older genaration cars, I would have gone for it without any doubt as I would love to have a proper SUV.

Hi kaushama since you are considering on buying LR2 I presume you have contacted the agents...Well the LR2 comes in different trims..What were you offered..Was it the HSE version (the full option version).I contacted them and I was offered a very basic version..

Thanks,

Hi kaushama since you are considering on buying LR2 I presume you have contacted the agents...Well the LR2 comes in different trims..What were you offered..Was it the HSE version (the full option version).I contacted them and I was offered a very basic version..

Thanks,

It is not the HSE. They probably added some options on the base model. Sunroof, leather seats, 6 CD changer, DVD/Sat nav and Xenon auto levelling headlights are not offered. It is 150 HP base s version with some added options, I think.

Thats the thing...Without those options the LR2 is no more a luxury mid size SUV...Korean vehicles come with full features, but there may be reliability issues and may not be as classy..You had mentioned on another thread about BMW vehicles as well rite..What about those did they offer better options..

Thats the thing...Without those options the LR2 is no more a luxury mid size SUV...Korean vehicles come with full features, but there may be reliability issues and may not be as classy..You had mentioned on another thread about BMW vehicles as well rite..What about those did they offer better options..

Noop BMW ones are base models too. I don't think anyone can expect a premium Brand vehicle for just 25000$, which is the limit for permit. You should have been a politician to get such luxury, without wasting your time educating yourself. Then you have would intimidated the other drivers to get the real driving pleasure without the scare of getting copped for speeding.

We tried several times to raise the permit limit to 30000$ but could not succeed. If you aim for an high-end Japanese or Euro car, there are very little options for this permit. Best Jap offerings are CRV and Monte sports (made in Thailand) and they are too base models.

IMHO I wouldn't say that BMW or LR2 not luxury models just because they are base models. One can add some of the options later, which I would do. Sunroof, Satnav and many other things, which are not there in fact unnecessary things for local usage. They become luxury models because the superior ride quality, handling and performance that they offer and the badge value.

Edited by kaushama

suzuki at the last place unbelievable :blink: and where is 2007 review?

Its more surprising that Buick's lead the dependability scale for the year posted. Its bonkers! And how come Chrysler is up higher that say for instance a Merc? lolz!! No way!? Okay no offence to my fellow Buick or Chrysler drivers; but aren't Chrysler power trains known to be a bit undependable as they age?

..... They become luxury models because the superior ride quality, handling and performance that they offer

+1 agree with you on that phrase. Not so sure about the 'badge' value but I can see how that may be a factor too...