• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes Benz Accident

Uditha88

True to some extent but the thing here is this machan, im not bashing the people who died but its not like they were completely innocent.They did technically brake the speed limit law and drinking and driving.

People should be a little bit more responsible when they drive, when ever we go out there is always a person in the group who has to suffer and not drink so that at least one person can properly drive.

Where did you hear that the driver was drunk?

I'm sure most of you guys have seen this already... But some of you might not, so I will share this anyway...

I'm a big advocate of wearing seat belts. I was lucky enough to walk away unhurt from a 180Km/h crash becuase I was wearing a seat belt.

While I have sympathy for the fact that lives were lost, it cant be argued that the whole situation was the result of a series of bad decisions on the part of the Driver and passengers. I mean seriously, open a window at 150kp/h to fish a bug off a windscreen??!

I'm with you on this one.

Wait so they weren't ? :unsure:

If thats the case i take back my comment

I don't think there is any info on whether the driver was actually after drinks or not, although it's likely the others were. Either way, I don't think we should be calling on drunk driving when the post-mortem results have not been publicised. Drunk or not, I do agree with the fact that the driving was irresponsible. Then again, we all tend to do stupid things without thinking of the consequences when we feel we're invincible. Sometimes, our luck runs out faster than for others.

Ok so I think I need to make my point clear here since some of you think these kids are matyrs and I'm a bad person for not respecting them since they are now dead.

1. Driving at those speeds intoxicated or not on a public road is not only knowingly putting one's self at risk, but putting the lives of other people either driving or walking on the road in danger.

2. This isn't the first time some drunk kid died in the car. Innocent people have died over and over because of pure stupidity of people like the ones who died in the crash.

3. A car can very well be a deadly weapon. You should not play with a gun while drunk, the same way you should not play with a car while drunk. Bad things will always happen.

4. I'm glad these kids died in the manner they did. No harm to others using the road. Should one want to kill himself I'm fine with that. Should one want to risk my life or the lives of people not taking part, I'm not fine with it.

Oh yeah and for those of you who think I don't know what It's like to lose a friend in this manner....I've had one family member killed while drunk driving and then another crashed and escaped with injuries on another seperate incident. I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them due to the sheer fact that they recklessly put others lives at risk.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 6

I don't think there is any info on whether the driver was actually after drinks or not, although it's likely the others were. Either way, I don't think we should be calling on drunk driving when the post-mortem results have not been publicised. Drunk or not, I do agree with the fact that the driving was irresponsible. Then again, we all tend to do stupid things without thinking of the consequences when we feel we're invincible. Sometimes, our luck runs out faster than for others.

Post-mortem results won't explain much because some loot under the table will change the cause of death.

• Like 3

@jdnet (the forum's choice of newbie of 2010): there is no love lost between me and Ripper but if Ripper was one of them I would not still go down the levels that you have been to. no doubt the blokes in the merc were behaving irresponsibly and thank god no innocent by stander had to bear the brunt. however to somehow suggest that a few youth lives are not as worth as the beautiful piece of german metal is beyond humanity. FYI it was not Prabakaran who died in this incident.

I don't know or need to know about the love you have for ripper. Nice try putting the heat of me and trying to get people to get on your side.

• Like 4

I received some paper cuts and according to those pictures, the coconut tree had broken in to 2 pieces and fallen down. So I guess speed at the impact should be well over 150.. closer to 200 as rumored earlier.

I don't think anybody has chance at this speed specially if they are on the influence of alcohol.

Ok so I think I need to make my point clear here since some of you think these kids are matrys and I'm a bad person for not respecting them since they are now dead.

1. Driving at those speeds intoxicated or not on a public road is not onlyh knowingly putting one's self at risk, but putting the lives of oter people eitherdriving or walking on the road in danger.

2. This isn't the first time some drunk kid died in the car. Innocent people have died over and over because of pure stupidity of people like the ones who died in the crash.

3. A car can very well be a deadly weapon. You should not play with a gun while drunk, the same way you should not play with a car while drunk. Bad things will always happen.

4. I'm glad these kids died in the manner they did. No harm to others using the road. Should one want to kill himself I'm fine with that. Should one want to risk my life or the lives of people not taking part, I'm not fine with it.

Oh yeah and for those of you who think I don't know what It's like to lose a friend in this manner....I've had one family member jkilled while drunk driving and then another crashed and escaped with injuries on another seperate incident. I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them due to the sheer fact that they recklessly put others lives at risk.

Hv to agree with this - no point in making some irresponsible and stupid kids martyrs.

No point in dishonoring them after death as well - just being glad they did not kill anyone else!! :action-smiley-060:

• Like 2

Ok so I think I need to make my point clear here since some of you think these kids are matyrs and I'm a bad person for not respecting them since they are now dead.

1. Driving at those speeds intoxicated or not on a public road is not only knowingly putting one's self at risk, but putting the lives of other people either driving or walking on the road in danger.

Oh yeah and for those of you who think I don't know what It's like to lose a friend in this manner....I've had one family member killed while drunk driving and then another crashed and escaped with injuries on another seperate incident. I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them due to the sheer fact that they recklessly put others lives at risk.

Jdnet you got a fair point but to say you are more concerned/worried about the fate of something made out of metal, plastic, rubber etc over a human life is bit too harsh to say the least.

Funny thing is it wasn't too long ago all humanity broke loose in this forum when some one inquired about the future of the recon JDM market a week after the tsunami hit japan.

Vehicle Prices

Some even went to the extend of even comparing the person who opened that tread to the goons who gained financially when the natural disaster hit our country few years ago. Maybe i'm not enough of a petrol head to admire the marvals of german engineering over a fellow human been.

On a slightly different note, I guess we can remove Vinil Manik from the 'mudalali' list since he got an euro car instead of a diga model Prado. hmmmm.... but since his car is totaled now are we to put him back in the list till he gets another???????

• Like 3

Jdnet you got a fair point but to say you are more concerned/worried about the fate of something made out of metal, plastic, rubber etc over a human life is bit too harsh to say the least.

Funny thing is it wasn't too long ago all humanity broke loose in this forum when some one inquired about the future of the recon JDM market a week after the tsunami hit japan.

Vehicle Prices

Some even went to the extend of even comparing the person who opened that tread to the goons who gained financially when the natural disaster hit our country few years ago. Maybe i'm not enough of a petrol head to admire the marvals of german engineering over a fellow human been.

On a slightly different note, I guess we can remove Vinil Manik from the 'mudalali' list since he got an euro car instead of a diga model Prado. hmmmm.... but since his car is totaled now are we to put him back in the list till he gets another???????

No no, Mercs are bought by Mudalalis all the time dont ya know? "Benz eke yanawa" and all that... :P

Vehicle Prices

You might be quoting the wrong thread. For one thing, the person who started the comparison to goons who gained financially was me, and I haven't made any comment on this thread to diss the dead. I only made an observation that it might not be that the car didn't provide adequate protection during the crash. And I was fully expecting our resident Central Bank Chinese expert to pop in an make some sorta retarded comment on people dying in Merc so they should by Chinese and die cheaper. Jdnet didn't comment on the inhuman aspect on that tsunami thread, he made a comment on whether the radioactivity would persist.

Besides, however you slice it, these guys took a risk knowingly. People caught in tsunamis and bomb blasts, well they didn't chose to go swimming just then. Major difference. Take a risk, pay the price. Respect them for paying the price. Think of them as idiots who got their deserts. Whatever opinion you have on their actions, they are not innocent victims. We have all taken risks, but if it goes wrong, it doesn't make us victims. They all chose to be there. They had a choice.

I'll tell you a little story. Once when we were in uni and we were on the way back after visiting a buddy, one of the guys started acting out in my car. Front seat. The distraction he was causing was an unacceptable risk for me. I stopped the car, told him to get out, and catch a bus back. I chose not to take that risk.

I don't know these guys, and I don't know how skilled a driver this chap who was driving was, but the first rule of driving fast, if something happens to hinder your ability to drive fast, you slow down! Be it drinks, bugs, flat tires, engine heats, oil line lets go, stone chips the windshield or you urgently need to pee. Slow it down, or stop the car, tend to it and then continue.

• Like 5

Vehicle Prices

Jesus man.You really should stop popping outta nowhere and try to act all Switzerland.As far as I know 10000 Japs did not get killed while being drunk,speeding or any other insect related incident.

Pardon me... what's the purpose of this whole thread again?

I think the original photos are tagged Gossip Lanka news, which is kind of what this whole thread has become :(

Lesson Learnt:

1. Don't do drunk driving (Despite these youngsters did so or not)

2. Speed thrills. But kills.

3. Focus on driving.

3. No matter how rich you are, accidents happen.

4. No matter the safest car on earth, be a safe, good driver.

Once again, May RIP who died & no one face these....

• Like 1

I don't know or need to know about the love you have for ripper. Nice try putting the heat of me and trying to get people to get on your side.

hik looks like you couldn't devour the ignore pill properly ha? this isn't about you or me. this is dishonoring the dead. they made a mistake and they paid the maximum price. there's no need to disgarce them in death. and you also sounded as if you wished death for those mistakes, that's cheap man.

Edited by isurujosh
  • Like 1

Well, while hating to be insensitive. I am glad that its only the drunk idiots who were involved and no other innocent bystanders, then it would have been a real crime.

Rich boys can have have their fun in their toys, as long as no one else gets hurt.

100% agreed VVTI. Hats off to that... :alc:

hik looks like you couldn't devour the ignore pill properly ha? this isn't about you or me. this is dishonoring the dead. they made a mistake and they paid the maximum price. there's no need to disgarce them in death. and you also sounded as if you wished death for those mistakes, that's cheap man.

Ane paww you are still around. I guess you couldn't leave us.

Anyway you are right that I sounded as if I wished death for those mistakes. I wish every idiot who gets s**t faced and drives around at 200kmph dies before he has the ability to kill anyone else on the road.

• Like 1

Anyway you are right that I sounded as if I wished death for those mistakes. I wish every idiot who gets s**t faced and drives around at 200kmph dies before he has the ability to kill anyone else on the road.

That's a bit harsh don't you think machan? While I agree that being irresponsible can bring about disaster, you're just gonna piss people off stating it like that, especially the people who knew the poor souls.

Edited by Big_D
  • Like 2

Ane paww you are still around. I guess you couldn't leave us.

So let me get this straight u have never had a drink & driven in u r life?????