• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Sports Car?

madmax

Which one would you choose?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these cars would you choose?

• BMW M3
    • Nissan GTR
    • Porsche 911 Turbo
    • Maserati GranTurismo

And they're cheaper than I expected

Which makes them all 6 models here affordable for you..

I'd choose, if I ever had the chance -

Early 20s - Maserati GT

Late 20s - Nissan GT-R

Early 30s - Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Late 30s - BMW M3

40s - Porsche 911

For life - Aston Martin DB9

I went to the launch event of the new X3 and had the opportunity to compare and test drive the X3 35i (same motor as the 335i with even better fuel economy) and all its rivals - (Merc GLK, Audi Q5, Lexus RX and some shitty Cadillac) The X3 was a clear winner to me. And yes, it's the wife who want the X3. I'de like to keep the 335i or trade that in for a 335d as the daily driver, and make a 3rd car something a little 'special' :rolleyes:

Dude, I hate you.

Early 20s - Maserati GT

Late 20s - Nissan GT-R

Late 30s - BMW M3

40s - Porsche 911

Seriously machan? You would pick a car according to age? :mellow:

• Like 3

I went to the launch event of the new X3 and had the opportunity to compare and test drive the X3 35i (same motor as the 335i with even better fuel economy) and all its rivals - (Merc GLK, Audi Q5, Lexus RX and some shitty Cadillac) The X3 was a clear winner to me. And yes, it's the wife who want the X3. I'de like to keep the 335i or trade that in for a 335d as the daily driver, and make a 3rd car something a little 'special' :rolleyes:

Nice! Sounds dead cool :grinning-smiley-003:

Dude, I hate you.

laugh.gif Instead, you too may move out to enjoy all those benefits

Seriously machan? You would pick a car according to age? :mellow:

Yes, there are reasons too for those to fall into those groups. As for Porsche (except the GT), everyone knows it :)

Alright, first you need the girls, then you're married and got to settle down with your wife, then you have kids and growing older and tastes become more refined than rough, then you get kinda bored with the monotonous settled way, then you hit your mid life crisis, and then to your grave. The only car IMO which suits for all the era's is the DB9 in that list. Hope this cleared up any confusion regarding my statement...

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Early 20s - Maserati GT

Late 20s - Nissan GT-R

Late 30s - BMW M3

40s - Porsche 911

Have you ever bought a car with your own money?If you have you'll know age has nothing to do with it.

People buy cars according to their liking,noob.Massive phail!

• Like 3

Have you ever bought a car with your own money?If you have you'll know age has nothing to do with it.

People buy cars according to their liking,noob.Massive phail!

Personally I like all of those cars, and choosing according to age hasn't got anything wrong in that case rolleyes.gif

And yes I have, but nothing so exotic nor anywhere that new... AND it seems you can't read properly, as I'd written "if I ever had the chance", oh so mighty lord pro member who looks down upon everyone else except his friends

(Not directed at anyone else nor any disrespect meant for them)

• Like 1

Personally I like all of those cars, and choosing according to age hasn't got anything wrong in that case rolleyes.gif

And yes I have, but nothing so exotic nor anywhere that new... AND it seems you can't read properly, as I'd written "if I ever had the chance", oh so mighty lord pro member who looks down upon everyone else except his friends

(Not directed at anyone else nor any disrespect meant for them)

ask and you shall receive..

eh? why do you make a dumb post and then start backtracking everytime someone even hints at contradicting you.take it like a man noob!Yes millionaires who have the chance buy cars according to their age...NOT!...You know I had pretty much figured out by the time you tried to beat me with quotes from wikipedia and google which as you know ended up being very bad for you .What can I say,you picked the wrong guy to intimidate with your impressive internet skills my copy/paste,online petrolhead,noob king.

And please oh please stop sending me them retarded PMs everytime I hurt your tender feelings,you sound like a little bitch.

Now I'm gonna leave you to be furiously googling every bit of my post...Well google this dumbass! :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Alright, first you need the girls, then you're married and got to settle down with your wife, then you have kids and growing older and tastes become more refined than rough, then you get kinda bored with the monotonous settled way, then you hit your mid life crisis, and then to your grave. The only car IMO which suits for all the era's is the DB9 in that list. Hope this cleared up any confusion regarding my statement...

Well, just cause lots of people go through life this way doesn't mean they're mandatory rules to living life.

Edited by Big_D

Well, just cause lots of people go through life this way doesn't mean they're mandatory rules to living life.

And nowhere did I say it was mandatory for anyone, I had said I would choose, and you'd asked about myself, right?

@MD - As you're referring to some age old post, wasn't it yourself who just googled and came up with some site with some Honda engine parts? rolleyes.gif I never tried to intimidate anyone, only mentioned I haven't heard of such a thing existing, and it's not my problem you take it personally and start attacking anyone who seems to not know something, but I don't want you throwing stupid hints and comments at me whenever you're in the mood, I'd rather keep the forum clean and got better work to do.

I never claimed anywhere to be a petrol head, nor did I throw quotes at you.

As for the PMs, only sent them as I don't want to fill up the forum with OT replies to your crap and if anything in clean language is retarded to you, don't bother speaking of them.

And nowhere did I say it was mandatory for anyone, I had said I would choose, and you'd asked about myself, right?

Your posts implied you were talking in general. It seemed that way to me at least, which is why I said what I said. In any case, I'm not one for keyboard arguments, so yes to your question. It's your life.

• Like 1

Your posts implied you were talking in general. It seemed that way to me at least, which is why I said what I said. In any case, I'm not one for keyboard arguments, so yes to your question. It's your life.

Thanks, neither do I enjoy them

Guys, if you were given $70k-$80K (hypothetically in the U.S) to spend on a weekend sports car which one of these would you get, and why? Within that budget some of the cars listed could be brought brand new, and the others used. The options are,

BMW M3

Nissan GTR

Porsche 911 Turbo (or 4S)

Maserati GT.

Anything else you would consider?

I would go for the Maserati GT. I think there is one in Sri Lanka. But not sure the same model is. Coz I have seen it on "Auto Vision" programe in S*ra*a TV. A Black coloured one & absolutely nice :) . Anybody have seen this on the roads here?? :mellow:

@MD - As you're referring to some age old post, wasn't it yourself who just googled and came up with some site with some Honda engine parts? rolleyes.gif

I never tried to intimidate anyone, only mentioned I haven't heard of such a thing existing, and it's not my problem you take it personally and start attacking anyone who seems to not know something, but I don't want you throwing stupid hints and comments at me whenever you're in the mood, I'd rather keep the forum clean and got better work to do.

I never claimed anywhere to be a petrol head, nor did I throw quotes at you.

As for the PMs, only sent them as I don't want to fill up the forum with OT replies to your crap and if anything in clean language is retarded to you, don't bother speaking of them.

ummm you wanted proof about an engine as I recall,and wasn't prepared to take anyones word as your entire car knowledge is limited to wikipedia or a haynes manual...sadly if you think about it.you are worse than the trolls,cos all you do is copy/past from wikipedia...

Grow up mate.most of us here use the internet and watch top gear too but that is not the so called petrolhead you think you are.poser!...And envying Devinda,Andrew,Gihan,Supra is not gonna help you either...

I would go for the Maserati GT. I think there is one in Sri Lanka. But not sure the same model is. Coz I have seen it on "Auto Vision" programe in S*ra*a TV. A Black coloured one & absolutely nice :) . Anybody have seen this on the roads here?? :mellow:

What do you mean, "not sure the same model"? There's only one model, and different variants of it.

This is a sports car discussion among men. Would you chaps care to stop acting like ladies?

And blue your logic is flawed. There is an old saying. As men get older, the only thing that changes is the size of their toys. There is no age or other life conditions for getting toys, the only limiting factor is, how much money you have. You think a M3, 911 or Aston wouldn't pull chicks for a guy in their 20s?

Besides, I dunno how old Darin is, but I'm sure he's not married and trying to settle down coz he has a GTR ;) And I'm sure a wife would appreciate the softer GT car over the harder edge performance GT-R.

Personality and wallet size. Thats it. See Madmax? Married with children. Next birthday coming this month. Already looking at midlife crisis cars. I'm sure he musta got into some kinda drug peddling operation or something, coz if you ask him, he's gonna say "I don't have money, I'm a student".

BTW Max, I want a better birthday present this year. A 70-200 2.8 IS II would be adequate.

coz if you ask him, he's gonna say "I don't have money, I'm a student".

BTW Max, I want a better birthday present this year. A 70-200 2.8 IS II would be adequate.

Dude, I'm still a student on a tough budget. I have to shovel @#$%{:content:}amp; snow for a living! And this thread has nothing to do with it. I clearly mentioned "hypothetically" I'll get a 70-200 now that ebay ships to the SL. But it might not have any glass!

Edited by madmax

ummm you wanted proof about an engine as I recall,and wasn't prepared to take anyones word as your entire car knowledge is limited to wikipedia or a haynes manual...sadly if you think about it.you are worse than the trolls,cos all you do is copy/past from wikipedia...

Grow up mate.most of us here use the internet and watch top gear too but that is not the so called petrolhead you think you are.poser!...And envying Devinda,Andrew,Gihan,Supra is not gonna help you either...

It wasn't anyones word, only you were posting and you pulled up a site and acted wise man when I said I couldn't find. FYI, I add whatever info I can find to wiki after verifying, not copy/paste from it. But I do give links to it like any other member here, as that's the most basic place of reference.

I never mentioned that I think of myself as a petrolhead either, you're just implying that. I like cars and racing and tuning etc., but not a die hard fan or anything of the sort, nor did I ever call myself one anywhere.

Any admiring of what they have isn't envy nor just wondering about how. Besides, the unreachable ones are also valid only as this is SL with it's lack of specimens.

This is a sports car discussion among men. Would you chaps care to stop acting like ladies?

And blue your logic is flawed. There is an old saying. As men get older, the only thing that changes is the size of their toys. There is no age or other life conditions for getting toys, the only limiting factor is, how much money you have. You think a M3, 911 or Aston wouldn't pull chicks for a guy in their 20s?

Besides, I dunno how old Darin is, but I'm sure he's not married and trying to settle down coz he has a GTR ;) And I'm sure a wife would appreciate the softer GT car over the harder edge performance GT-R.

Personality and wallet size. Thats it. See Madmax? Married with children. Next birthday coming this month. Already looking at midlife crisis cars. I'm sure he musta got into some kinda drug peddling operation or something, coz if you ask him, he's gonna say "I don't have money, I'm a student".

Your reasoning is true :) I was merely saying of a hypothetical situation where "I" would have the means of buying such cars, and what I'd choose. So that's spot on what you say, my personality with a big wallet. Sure all of them may pull girls, just saying IMO the GT would do it the best, even according to many here, purely due to its beauty.

Oh no, not saying that about Darin at all laugh.gif And yes guess girls would appreciate soft rides, as most of them puke in others

He maybe a student at the extreme high end, PhD or something perhaps? In that case, if both husband and wife does do jobs, money shouldn't be a problem.

hehehe, sure doesnt sound like someone who's merely hypothesizing :D

He maybe a student at the extreme high end, PhD or something perhaps? In that case, if both husband and wife does do jobs, money shouldn't be a problem.

Max and I have been buddies for over 10 years dude. Thats why I know his birthday is this month. He has a PHD only if it means Permanent Head Damage :P His wife and he are both apparently studying how to shovel snow in the winter and horse shit in the summer while dodging tornadoes. Thats why they live in an Amish settlement. Student visa means you can only work limited hours.

And now you know why they say the best lies must have a grain of truth in them.

Max and I have been buddies for over 10 years dude. Thats why I know his birthday is this month. He has a PHD only if it means Permanent Head Damage :P His wife and he are both apparently studying how to shovel snow in the winter and horse shit in the summer while dodging tornadoes. Thats why they live in an Amish settlement. Student visa means you can only work limited hours.

And now you know why they say the best lies must have a grain of truth in them.

Under those circumstances, I can only say Wow at being able to lead such a life grinning-smiley-043.gifaction-smiley-033.gif