• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Have All The Bodykits Gone?

SeanD

Question

What ever happened to all the Bodykit/bodikite/boddified cars (ricers and non) that used to run around in Colombo around 5-10 years back? And what of all the famous cars that used to Drag on saturdays? You never hear anything about them or their owners anymore. Did that phase just end overnight or is there something that killed it? And is that famous bodykit dude who used to come on TV to promote his 10 ton bodykits out of business as a result? Lots of questions :)

Edited by SeanD
  • Like 1

:blink: the only thing that you are gonna cool is the rocker cover mate. The metal cover you see when you open up the bonnet is not the cylinder head :action-smiley-060: ..And if you think you can get adequate cooling by just channeling more air into the engine bay, then you must be smoking some pretty good shit. Btw, i would like to have a chat with the person who told you that cold engines perform better than those that maintain a proper operating temp.. :angry:

+1

Gosh what nonsense this Guy is talking- Amusing is one thing but this is plain stupid. 'Its my style' in fine for the exterior but trying to justify these cosmetic 'modifications' on the basis of incorrect mechanical fact is all wrong. Someone give him the AL's 2nd best Rice-mahat-taya award' :lol:

If you dont know something at least try and ask for advice from someone who does!

Let me get this right, you are hoping for outside air to cool the engine once the Turbo is installed. Yet, you don't want to increase the cooling capacity the proper way?

Have you carved cooling fins on the head? Have you installed heat sinks?

Why don't you remove the hood altogether? That will get plenty of air on to the 'head'. Or better still, put a Chicken mesh hood? That will look nice... :lol:

Hey Remember when JC went in to an endurance race with a turbo charged Mitsubishi Starion with the stock cooling? Mate, You will have to take a cooling break every 1 - 2 Kms you drive? Peddle bikes will be faster than you :action-smiley-060:

surely not abt urs :angry-smiley-048:

CYLINDER HEAD dude. the more cooler the engine and the better it performs. i aint gonna go for a radiator replacement after the turbo installation coz then i'l have to lookout for a 1.8 engine radiator of a toyota which aint easy :action-smiley-060:

oh.. my :speechless-smiley-004:

bodykits goes off after some times cos of their extra weight and poor methods used to attach them ;) and then they realize that the bodykit crap aint gonna work and they get their standard stuff back. Thats what usually happens.

GP night fiesta and cops probs might have been given trouble to drags people. SiRs doesnt have a good place to play now it seems :)

CYLINDER HEAD dude. the more cooler the engine and the better it performs. i aint gonna go for a radiator replacement after the turbo installation coz then i'l have to lookout for a 1.8 engine radiator of a toyota which aint easy :action-smiley-060:

If i was you i would forget about the cylinder head and get more air into your head, cause clearly your brain is in dire need of oxygen :action-smiley-060:

Oh dear lord ! where exactly did you learn that engines perform better when they are cool ? :rolleyes:

You know we could use people like you with your brilliance and innovation :lol:

Dang, and to think if only Bugatti Veyron engineers had this kind of ingenuity, they would have not installed any of those 10+ radiators in that car... they would have gone for that 'open' hood look... :) Why bother with radiators at all... :):action-smiley-060:

probably because they're smarter thinking ahead and aerodynamics of veyron. :)

Let me get this right, you are hoping for outside air to cool the engine once the Turbo is installed. Yet, you don't want to increase the cooling capacity the proper way?

Have you carved cooling fins on the head? Have you installed heat sinks?

Why don't you remove the hood altogether? That will get plenty of air on to the 'head'. Or better still, put a Chicken mesh hood? That will look nice... :lol:

ur opinion was neva asked :blink:

hard luck!

+1

Gosh what nonsense this Guy is talking- Amusing is one thing but this is plain stupid. 'Its my style' in fine for the exterior but trying to justify these cosmetic 'modifications' on the basis of incorrect mechanical fact is all wrong. Someone give him the AL's 2nd best Rice-mahat-taya award' :lol:

If you dont know something at least try and ask for advice from someone who does!

why bother about my car and my mods? your money is invested in it or you know more than me which you think will benefit? ok go ahead and tel me about it! the engineers aint nuts to manufac single core, double and triple core radiators just for looks. its for cooling. and engines perform poor when they are overheated. im not talkin of normal operating temperarture here. get it? OVERHEAT?? and havent i clearly mentioned in plain english dat im JUST havin it for EXTRA COOLING??? rather than havin it in place of d radiator? IF my car tends ro overheat then i'l go for a radiator change. if it doesnt i wil let it be. im not using it for drags or street racing get it?

and yeah d hood scoop is a good cosmetic mod and I like it. like i said, tz my choice. u can call it a ricer or junk or heap of fiber or watever amuses u guys. i aint offended. tastes differ! this goes to u too stig!

If i was you i would forget about the cylinder head and get more air into your head, cause clearly your brain is in dire need of oxygen :action-smiley-060:

Oh dear lord ! where exactly did you learn that engines perform better when they are cool ? :rolleyes:

You know we could use people like you with your brilliance and innovation :lol:

LOL! :lol: do your math before u start talking dude :P

@least try 2 make use of resources available everywhere.

why bother about my car and my mods? your money is invested in it or you know more than me which you think will benefit? ok go ahead and tel me about it! the engineers aint nuts to manufac single core, double and triple core radiators just for looks. its for cooling. and engines perform poor when they are overheated. im not talkin of normal operating temperarture here. get it? OVERHEAT?? and havent i clearly mentioned in plain english dat im JUST havin it for EXTRA COOLING??? rather than havin it in place of d radiator? IF my car tends ro overheat then i'l go for a radiator change. if it doesnt i wil let it be. im not using it for drags or street racing get it?

and yeah d hood scoop is a good cosmetic mod and I like it. like i said, tz my choice. u can call it a ricer or junk or heap of fiber or watever amuses u guys. i aint offended. tastes differ! this goes to u too stig!

Sadly neither can you understand or type in plain english. I dont give a rats as* about how you invest you're money, stop flattering you're self. Style is in the eye of the beholder but not the technicals as you seem to think. Clear?

You can go on making an idiot of you're self by disputing the technicals which you clearly have no idea about. And yes based on you're comments, I do know more than you And so does the handful of members on this thread. Deal with it and ask nicely and you will get help.

Edited by Elvis_Pil

:blink: Dude you have no idea about what you are talking about, do you? I don't think pila was bothered about the way you spend money on your car. He DID clearly say that in his post. He was just commenting about the dumb idea that you had about cooling your engine. Clearly, even a person with very limited knowledge of car engines would know that after turbo charging an engine the best way to keep the temp under control is by improving the cooling system. However, you thought channeling more air into the engine bay would cool your cylinder head and hence the engine. :lol:. This would only work in your dreams mate (actually might not even happen in dreams). :action-smiley-060:

We all DO know what radiators are installed in cars for. We are NOT as dumb as you are. And didn't you say,and i am quoting,"more cooler the engine and the better it performs"? So you want your engine to be as cool as possible??:rolleyes: Did't any of your modifying buddies tell you that cold engines perform bad too? I guess NOT. And yet you are still trying to argue and tell us that your idea about engine cooling would actually deliver any positive results?You just proved that you are dumber that I thought. :rolleyes:

Edited by GearHead
  • Like 2

ur opinion was neva asked :blink:

hard luck!

Well I will give it you anyway, your tech knowledge is worse than your taste...:):action-smiley-060:

when I see buggers like you in their over-sized plastic boxes prancing around trying to attract attention, I pity you... :) But before that I have a hearty laugh!

Just realised... you are from the hills... whats with these hillbillies?

Edited by VVTi

Well I will give it you anyway, your tech knowledge is worse than your taste...:):action-smiley-060:

when I see buggers like you in their over-sized plastic boxes prancing around trying to attract attention, I pity you... :) But before that I have a hearty laugh!

Just realised... the is form the hills... whats with these hillbillies?

Wonder if all the attention is worth it, cause he must be getting smoked by fart cannon wielding Marutis... :D. Oh no wait my bad, he's got a front mounted i/c sans a turbo hasn't he, and that setup adds about 200 bhp to the rear wheels...

Wonder if all the attention is worth it, cause he must be getting smoked by fart cannon wielding Marutis... :D. Oh no wait my bad, he's got a front mounted i/c sans a turbo hasn't he, and that setup adds about 200 bhp to the rear wheels...

No No machan, didnt you hear manufactures here after are not going to produce intercoolers. Thats why he got the intercooler before the turbo, must have grabbed hold of one of the last intercoolers ever to come out. one luck chap ei ;)

now he must be able to smoke three wheelers :P

No No machan, didnt you hear manufactures here after are not going to produce intercoolers. Thats why he got the intercooler before the turbo, must have grabbed hold of one of the last intercoolers ever to come out. one luck chap ei ;)

holy c##p he is a one lucky dude :lol:

Edited by nexus

bodykits goes off after some times cos of their extra weight and poor methods used to attach them ;) and then they realize that the bodykit crap aint gonna work and they get their standard stuff back. Thats what usually happens.

+1

The bodykit stuff must have started to fall off on the road.. :D:action-smiley-060:

:blink: Dude you have no idea about what you are talking about, do you? I don't think pila was bothered about the way you spend money on your car. He DID clearly say that in his post. He was just commenting about the dumb idea that you had about cooling your engine. Clearly, even a person with very limited knowledge of car engines would know that after turbo charging an engine the best way to keep the temp under control is by improving the cooling system. However, you thought channeling more air into the engine bay would cool your cylinder head and hence the engine. :lol:. This would only work in your dreams mate (actually might not even happen in dreams). :action-smiley-060:

We all DO know what radiators are installed in cars for. We are NOT as dumb as you are. And didn't you say,and i am quoting,"more cooler the engine and the better it performs"? So you want your engine to be as cool as possible??:rolleyes: Did't any of your modifying buddies tell you that cold engines perform bad too? I guess NOT. And yet you are still trying to argue and tell us that your idea about engine cooling would actually deliver any positive results?You just proved that you are dumber that I thought. :rolleyes:

oh god!! i do know that an engine works best at its optimum temp. too cool and too hot wont do good. even a kid knows that. and its true that channeling air to the rocker covers n head wont do sh*. its a part of the kit. wat i meant was it got me an advantage with the little bit of cooling it gives as d car proceeds. bigger radiators or ones with extra cores are a must i dat i know. ive been workin on cars almost half my life and i know wat shud be done n wat shudnt be done.

anyway abt the kit, well it is a big story. it was at dumindas place where half was done and had to take it away as no work was being done 4 abt 6months, and it ended up at macvuds. we neva wanted a widebosy anyway. but 1 month later we come back n we get a huge hipped car! the front is dat of the nissan skyline r33 veilside kit bumper. even i dont like the huge a** but theres nothn i cn do cz i dnt want it to be lyin in garages all year round. its been 2 years since i took dat car to my hands. tz still at d bodykit workshop.

there u go, dats d story!!

Just realised... you are from the hills... whats with these hillbillies?

once again.. dont bother. thanks :P

if u have a faster ride, bring it on buddy.

what you saying is you have the fastest car in sl :blink:

im not a ricer is that the answer you're looking for if still you want to race me i chose the road and no i dont have power full intercooler attache car :lol:

what you saying is you have the fastest car in sl :blink:

im not a ricer is that the answer you're looking for if still you want to race me i chose the road and no i dont have power full intercooler attache car :lol:

oh no not at all buddy :D

i just have a few of them old sports cars. :(

nah its ok :rolleyes: