• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Panda Geely Lc 1.3

dreezone

I think this panda thing is too bad. it made people fight each other ... angry-smiley-024.gif

shall we forget everything and keep on track in this new year...alc.gif

Gee thanks. I just needed a newbie to put their two cents in AFTER I said to knock off the OT :rolleyes:

Members,

I think Auto lanka forum should stick on to Automobile related matters instead of writing all other unwanted matters. Insulting members in different way.It is left to moderator to take action is my opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Members,

I think Auto lanka forum should stick on to Automobile related matters instead of writing all other unwanted matters. Insulting members in different way.It is left to moderator to take action is my opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Good point, in that case I do hope we wont be seeing information of this nature again.

Two of us as only. Daughter is married and living separately.Can get hold of another old couple like us to go for a holiday. Not gone for some time as my Spinster Sis was living with me she passed away last September living 84 Years 10 months so for last two years we were unable to leave her and go.

• 2 months later...

Why is it that there is an electric code attached to the car in the second pic ?

Its no the electric version that they are selling here right ? :huh:

Anyhow a five star crash rating is very impressive for a chinese car

http://www.geely.com/Brands/international/news/international_news/29855.html

mmm as far as i know the five star rating isnt given by euro NCAP its by China NCAP right?

Just because these cars are assembled in Sri Lanka (There's no local value addition btw, except for the Micro sticker) and it has 'Volvo Technology' tag on it, I wouldn't go and buy one right now. Simply because these cars are very new to the market and nobody knows the design issues, assembling problems and the second hand value. Call me unpatriotic (I'm pretty sure there will be many who will do so) but I am very unimpressed by Micro's after sales service. In the past, one Rexton owner posted in AL that he was asked to change the engine after running like 50k and I personally know one Trend owner who was asked to change the gearbox after running like 40k and one Micro MPV owner who cannot get spare parts from Micro because Micro no longer gets spares for the very first van (they called it Sri Lankan made but they were imported from Hafei).

Apart from the fact that Geely bought Volvo, I wonder exactly what is the 'Volvo Technology' in these cars. If Micro flaunts the term 'Volvo Technology' in all their ads, they should also mention what exactly in the car is designed/developed or made by Volvo.

On a positive note, I do applaud the safety rating of Panda and hope that we have some good competition for the cheap Indian death traps we see on the market, from Chinese and Malaysian manufacturers.

yeah some ssanyongs give a lot of trouble n also i know a onwer who changed his gearbox after 7000km!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

boys, girls, and esteemed gentleman,

the geely GX2 or panda sport was launched last saturday. i hear say its 1.9 million a pop. care to share any ideas on this?

AFAIK the engine specs are the same, and its not AWD. but it has higher ground clearance, looks better than a what came out when megatron raped Po-the-panda's mom, and even has the spare wheel mounted on the rear door. (so its not passing aussie safety ratings anytime soon...)

no i'm not a secret agent for micro. i'm just an average joe who's sorely tempted to have a decent piece of automobile with a KQ plate for under 2 mil.

mmm as far as i know the five star rating isnt given by euro NCAP its by China NCAP right?

Yes its the Chinese agency but either way its still better than the shitty Indian crap that our people adore so much.

boys, girls, and esteemed gentleman,

the geely GX2 or panda sport was launched last saturday. i hear say its 1.9 million a pop. care to share any ideas on this?

AFAIK the engine specs are the same, and its not AWD. but it has higher ground clearance, looks better than a what came out when megatron raped Po-the-panda's mom, and even has the spare wheel mounted on the rear door. (so its not passing aussie safety ratings anytime soon...)

no i'm not a secret agent for micro. i'm just an average joe who's sorely tempted to have a decent piece of automobile with a KQ plate for under 2 mil.

ah yea the geely panda cross

201061884415.jpg

which IMO is hideous.

• 1 month later...

Just thought to share some info about Geely Panda..

My & my friend was looking for buy a new car around three months ago. Our budget was around 13 lack,

so, we were interested in Panda as well.

We went to Rajagiriya Panda showroom, we were gone crazy with styling, interior, exterior looks of the panda. Especially, Black and Silver colors.

and, we went to their, another day for a test drive, and  to get clear idea about vehicle. We was contacting one sale person their, and he seems good, although,

all of them are much busy..somehow..

So we ask for a test drive. We have to drive at narrow road, which beside Panda Showroom. Me and my friend, and salesperson was in the car.

there was a very little bumper on the road. when we go over it, beilieve me, car just hit it. and..salesperson was like ..nothing happened. :)

so, i decided, this car is not for me, as i usually ride off colombo town too much.

as well as we experienced that, back door was made from totally glass. So, its very questionable for durability. .....

So.. we ended up with buying, TOYOTA AE100..  :)

Just beacuase Geely owns Volvo, deosn't mean all Geelys are made with Volvo technology.

If this were true we're very close to seeing Tata buses with Land Rover technology and Tata cars with Jaguar technology. LMAO

Nam of the technology is something and final product is something else.

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

I own a Micro Trend and experienced loads of problems with that. It just reached 30,000 Km mileage and , having heard an abnormal hum , i took it to the company and they said that wheel bearings need to be replaced. As i spoke to some of my friends knowledgeable about autos said that at least a car should do 100,000 Km before wheel bearings be replaced under normal conditions.

Also, all of a sudden temperature level indicated in the high range occasionally and when i took the vehicle to them , they said that engine gasket is gone and need to be replaced. They said also the cost would be between 50-70,000 LKR.

I have given the vehicle about one month before and they keep the vehicle saying various excuses.

Now they are singing a different tune saying that there is a miss while driving and still problem is being diagnosed.

Since, only these people have spare parts, we have to just listen to whatever the lies that they tell and wait. I have even complained to their service manager and they pass the buck to service advisor and do not attend to customer request while delaying the job further.

I really appreciate if any of you can help me with your expertise to understand if there is something fishy going on or if this case is genuine. As i understand, i dont think that replacement of engine gasket takes a month to do. Since, we cannot even see the vehicle with some third party, we have to believe what they say.

Many thanks in advance

P.S: Also, could you please let me know if there is any place to buy spares from any other place

• 3 months later...

Hey everybody.my sister is thinking of buying a micro panda since the prices are down. she will opt for the 1.3 because fuel consumption is not a big issue. driving pleasure is more prefered... she will be buying brand new... She asked me how it is... I have read almost every thread on the internet. watched hell lot of videos in youtube as well.. thing is all of them are outdated.. can someone give me the current situation of these cars? how r they coping up? is the customer service better now? do the cars being imported recently still have the factory errors? eg- p.steering rack... value a quick answer because she wants to buy asap.. Oh BTW they say they will deliver the 1.0 liter model in two days.. couldnt ask abt the 1.3 model.. unless it takes a long time to arrive we will go for the 1.3.... thanx all. hoping for fast answers :D

Only thing I know about Panda is the fact that the lifetime of the car is probably 5 years

I have seen a few Pandas edging on to its 4th year of life... Soon they will end up being scrap metal.

May I suggest buying an old Japanese car or a Kelisa or a Viva or something? I am certain it will outlast a Panda by at least a decade.

Edited by Crosswind