• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Land Cruiser 200/202 Or The Porsche Caynne S Hybrid

malla

Yes, the diesel gets 1km/liter more than the hybrid, but it has 140hp less power. And the Cayenne S has almost the same power as the hybrid, but 4km/liter less fuel economy which is a pretty big km/liter difference.

Look up the torque numbers.

Porsche Cayenne models

Cayenne Base (petrol V6) - 300hp - 12km/liter

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6) - 240hp - 16km/liter

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) - 380hp - 15km/liter

Cayenne S (V8) - 400hp - 11km/liter

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo) - 500hp - 11km/liter

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-02-25

So the Hybrid only gives 3-4 kmpl more than the petrol versions? And the diesel gives more than the hybrid? Interesting figures. Don't see what would stop a person from getting the V8 turbo. 500bhp and 11kmpl is quite a killer combination.

I agree with you on that one Big_D. But then again isn't the Hybrid version of the Cayenne going to work out to be almost 50% cheaper what with the tax concessions for hybrid vehicles?

That would have been true if we lived in some other county but here when you are getting taxed 300% of the vehicles value i highly doubt anyone would spend 42million and get one of these when you can get a hybrid down for just 14 million :)

Oh wow, well, there you go...

Edited by Kavvz

580Nm for the hybrid vs 550Nm for the diesel.

The electric motors in hybrids provide some serious torque, especially considering how small those motors are.

Your saying 14,000GBP gets you a lower fuel economy and only 30Nm more torque? In an SUV? On a purely numbers game, that sorta sucks.

Your saying 14,000GBP gets you a lower fuel economy and only 30Nm more torque? In an SUV? On a purely numbers game, that sorta sucks.

That's where hybrid tax concessions come in to subsidize the extra cost of the hybrid system. :D

However, without tax concessions the diesel does look to be the best value proposition, even if a 240hp engine in such a large heavy vehicle is weak.

Here's a very interesting comparison test that examines this diesel vs hybrid dilemma: the 2011 VW Touareg Diesel vs the 2011 VW Tourareg Hybrid

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/11q1/2011_volkswagen_touareg_v6_tdi_vs._2011_touareg_hybrid-comparison_tests

Edited by Californikan

However, without tax concessions the diesel does look to be the best value proposition, even if a 240hp engine in such a large heavy vehicle is weak.

In diesels, it's the torque numbers that are taken into consideration I believe.

new land cruiser 200/202 or the porsche caynne S hybrid

guys what do you this is the better option?

Hi

Sorry of jumping in. Wouldn't you consider Audi Q7 as an another option. That's the best looking AWD(4WD?) on the road. Porsche caynne is the worst looking AWD(4wd) I ever seen. Sorry I do not know whats your requirement wheather this to tow a boat , off-roading or just to curise in the city. If I was in Sri Lanka I would go for Q7

Everything is a tradeoff...

Diesel Cayenne gives you good torque, lower horsepower, good fuel economy,'low' price

Hybrid Cayenne gives you good torque, good horsepower, good fuel economy, high price

Maybe, but in this case, the only things you can directly compare are price and fuel economy.

Hi

Sorry of jumping in. Wouldn't you consider Audi Q7 as an another option. That's the best looking AWD(4WD?) on the road. Porsche caynne is the worst looking AWD(4wd) I ever seen. Sorry I do not know whats your requirement wheather this to tow a boat , off-roading or just to curise in the city. If I was in Sri Lanka I would go for Q7

does the Q7 come in hybrid? Cayenne is way cheaper i guess... its only 14mn

does the Q7 come in hybrid? Cayenne is way cheaper i guess... its only 14mn

Hi,

I have seen Q7 (7 seats) hybrids in Japan. There is another model call Q5 looks the same with 5 seats and this is the newest. You can do a search to find out the prices. I think Porsche is expensive compare to Audi

Hi,

I have seen Q7 (7 seats) hybrids in Japan. There is another model call Q5 looks the same with 5 seats and this is the newest. You can do a search to find out the prices. I think Porsche is expensive compare to Audi

Did some research on the net... :)

Q5 Starts at 13.5M, for a 2.0 Turbo Petrol giving out a 211BHP.

So for a half a Million saving you loose over 180 horses in comparison to the Cayanne S -h, but IMO probably you'll end up with a better looking car...

Q7 starts at 19M. for a 3.0 TDI, with 331 BHP. Still 60+ BHP less, but this could be even better looking...

What would you go for POWER or the LOOKS ?

I would have to say POOOWWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR.......

Hi,

So for a half a Million saving you loose over 180 horses in comparison to the Cayanne S -h, but IMO probably you'll end up with a better looking car...

Q7 starts at 19M. for a 3.0 TDI, with 331 BHP. Still 60+ BHP less, but this could be even better looking...

porsche it is !! :D

Good work, You need that sort of power in highways for overtaking, pulling a horse float or Caravan or racing otherwise in SL condition to drive at max 70kmph any car is good. I beleive most of the car users in SL go for prestige, good look and resale value. Q5 and Q7 looks great on the road in the car parks much better than X5. I do not know wether it is common in SL if not many politicos and Malu Mudalai using it that is a good option. If you need the power, reliability and off roading it is the Land Cruiser. But hey I think lot of Politicos and similar guys use Land Cruisers.

I doubt you can get a Diesel for 19.5 million... may be the patrol

Good work, You need that sort of power in highways for overtaking, pulling a horse float or Caravan or racing otherwise in SL condition to drive at max 70kmph any car is good.

If you want to 'pull a horse-float' you need more torque, not horsepower.

Porsche Cayenne models

Cayenne Base (petrol V6)---------------------- 300hp - 12km/liter - 43,000GBP

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6)------------------------ 240hp - 16km/liter - 45,000GBP

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) --- 380hp - 15km/liter - 59000GBP

Cayenne S (V8)------------------------------------ 400hp - 11km/liter - 55,000GBP

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo)------------------------ 500hp - 11km/liter - 85,000GBP

source: http://www21.porsche...e&id=2010-02-25 and http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/cayenne/

I added prices to make it even more interesting. These are British numbers.

Yes, the diesel gets 1km/liter more than the hybrid, but it has 140hp less power. And the Cayenne S has almost the same power as the hybrid, but 4km/liter less fuel economy which is a big km/liter difference.

One of the advantages of these powerful hybrids is you have a very powerful fast vehicle that gets the fuel economy of an econobox.

I think u'r figures are mm/l(millimeters per liter) rather than km/l

Porsche Cayenne models

Cayenne Base (petrol V6) - 300hp - 12km/liter

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6) - 240hp - 16km/liter

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) - 380hp - 15km/liter

Cayenne S (V8) - 400hp - 11km/liter

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo) - 500hp - 11km/liter

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-02-25

I guess you have missed some calculation. It says xxkm per 100km.... so when you do the math

Cayenne Base (petrol V6) - 300hp - 9.9 ltr/100 km - 10km/Liter

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6) - 240hp - 7.4 ltr/100 km - 13.5km/Liter

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) - 380hp - 8.2 litres/100 kilometres - 12km/Liter

Cayenne S (V8) - 400hp - 10.5 litres/100 kilometres - 10km/Liter

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo) - 500hp - 11.5 ltr/100 km - 8.6km/Liter

I guess you have missed some calculation. It says xxkm per 100km.... so when you do the math

Cayenne Base (petrol V6) - 300hp - 9.9 ltr/100 km - 10km/Liter

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6) - 240hp - 7.4 ltr/100 km - 13.5km/Liter

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) - 380hp - 8.2 litres/100 kilometres - 12km/Liter

Cayenne S (V8) - 400hp - 10.5 litres/100 kilometres - 10km/Liter

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo) - 500hp - 11.5 ltr/100 km - 8.6km/Liter

Thanks. I see I converted the mpg figures quoted by Porsche to km/l using the U.S. gallon mpg > km/l calculation instead of the Imperial gallon mpg > km/l calculation.