• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Land Cruiser 200/202 Or The Porsche Caynne S Hybrid

malla

Got the 4L Prado... its pretty fancy inside. delivery is on Friday

Went to Toyota today... they had a metallic black.. quoted 20.5 million... its got 5 camera's...

Taste is ones own.. I didn't go for the Toyota, but hey its your money, what matters is you like it or not...

Ok, let's see. A quick Google search shows that the X5 M can do 171 mph, and the ML63 AMG can do well over 180 mph, delimited of course. So, overtaking 'quite easily' is not the way I'd put it.

The Cayenne is good, but there are other machines that are just as good, if not better.

give it a another year and the Cayenne Turbo S would be out!!!!

Went to Toyota today... they had a metallic black.. quoted 20.5 million... its got 5 camera's...

Taste is ones own.. I didn't go for the Toyota, but hey its your money, what matters is you like it or not...

yeah got the dark blue. only 1 other with that color in SL

If its off road-ability and ruggedness that you are looking for checkout these videos...I was really impressed with what Toyotas could do...

http://www.youtube.com/user/GallBoys

The 70 Series is a different beast mate. These are built to work hard. The basic model 4.5 liter diesel v8 (without even power shutters :D) is more expensive than a current model Prado GXL (mid level spec.). I`ve seen these pulling swimming pools on the road, not just caravans, SWIMMING POOLS.!! The torque of that v8 is enough to spin all four wheels on 3rd gear.!! One of my favorites.!! :)

• Like 1

looks very good machan... conglats on the purchase... if I were you, I would change the multimedia display and put one with a larger screen. You can bring down a genuine one from UK. or a really good quality one from Taiwan. Don;t go for the Chinese ones that is available in SL.

That is done by Toyota as a promo... Check out Porsche Cayenne Transiberia races... thats proper off roading races...

oh really? In that case I wonder why when anybody needs a properly rugged off roader they end up buying Landcruisers or the Nissan Patrol...

The videos linked are private individuals with no actual promotional link to toyota. Whereas any competing that a cayenne has ever done has always been as a porsche promotional exercise.

Don't let the door hit you on the Ass on your way out.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the taxes increased at the wrong time. Porsche is a way smaller car than the land cruiser. i doubt how well it will be for everyday use. We run alot :) i have a 2006 brand new imported prado 2.7l its very under powered. and adding to the taxes increasing, there is hardly any good land cruiser 200 to be found. i have reserved a 2011 prado 4L VX. its ex stock and it is 20.4mn. Read some good reviews about it and it has more options than a land cruiser 200. Will be making a decision tomorrow or day after.

So not only is the Land cruiser outsized and driven in a downright boorish manner by most folks in Colombo, it is also underpowered and has poor gas mileage? Why does anyone want to get it then? Would make driving in Colombo a lot easier if more people knew how much it sucks...

oh really? In that case I wonder why when anybody needs a properly rugged off roader they end up buying Landcruisers or the Nissan Patrol...

The videos linked are private individuals with no actual promotional link to toyota. Whereas any competing that a cayenne has ever done has always been as a porsche promotional exercise.

Well put it this way, anyone person doing series off road driving will know that its impossible to use a luxury SUV made for road use on xtreme terrains. Therefore they buy old used Japanese SUVs (as they are cheap and easier to modify) completely strip them out and modify to be used off road. Another reason that they use these models because they use very simple electronics which are easy to work with... Thats why you want find new SUVs used for proper off road driving... put a normal prado, land cruiser V8 and it will get stuck no doubt (will upload some pics from yala)... best off road jeep I have driven is a 2 door nissan Y60 completely kited... you can put it to almost any terrain and it will overcome without problems...

Well put it this way, anyone person doing series off road driving will know that its impossible to use a luxury SUV made for road use on xtreme terrains. Therefore they buy old used Japanese SUVs (as they are cheap and easier to modify) completely strip them out and modify to be used off road. Another reason that they use these models because they use very simple electronics which are easy to work with... Thats why you want find new SUVs used for proper off roading... put a normal prado, land cruiser V8 and it will get stuck no doubt (will upload some pics from yala)... best off road jeep I have driven is a 2 door nissan Y60 completely kited... you can put it to almost any terrain and it will overcome without problems...

Think this topic is about luxury SUVs!

Edited by poscher

looks very good machan... conglats on the purchase... if I were you, I would change the multimedia display and put one with a larger screen. You can bring down a genuine one from UK. or a really good quality one from Taiwan. Don;t go for the Chinese ones that is available in SL.

Really? can i connect the camera's ? and are the other functions compatible? do u know anyone who brings them down?

Really? can i connect the camera's ? and are the other functions compatible? do u know anyone who brings them down?

I'm sure you can set the camers up even with the chinese ones... searched ebay wasn't available there...