• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modified/exotic/daily Driven Cars In Pk

fady

Very nice pics you got there, thanks for sharing with us :)

Real shame about that crash though. Was it mechanical failure or human error?

well the real cause of the accident is still not known but there are some rumours which friends of mine told me which might've caused the accident. First is that, some people say that the driver Majid Naeem had removed the side mirrors from his car in order to reduce the weight before racing. And during the race, at about 160+kmh he turned around just to look at the gap he was giving the corvette he was racing and thats when he lost his attention and the 900hp beast got out of control. the other rumour is that, Majid removed the diffuser and sideskirts from his car before starting the race and due to made aerodynamics, the car crashed. and lastly, some people say that the cold weather in islamabad (the temperature was in the bracket of 0-10celsius)wasnt favourable for such high performance cars to race due to less traction. I dont know if all this is true or not, but both the Driver and the Organizer of this event both are arrested.

well the real cause of the accident is still not known but there are some rumours which friends of mine told me which might've caused the accident. First is that, some people say that the driver Majid Naeem had removed the side mirrors from his car in order to reduce the weight before racing. And during the race, at about 160+kmh he turned around just to look at the gap he was giving the corvette he was racing and thats when he lost his attention and the 900hp beast got out of control. the other rumour is that, Majid removed the diffuser and sideskirts from his car before starting the race and due to made aerodynamics, the car crashed. and lastly, some people say that the cold weather in islamabad (the temperature was in the bracket of 0-10celsius)wasnt favourable for such high performance cars to race due to less traction. I dont know if all this is true or not, but both the Driver and the Organizer of this event both are arrested.

Safety for spectators at least was a problem. Real shame some had to pay the ultimate price for other's negligence... :(

On a more positive note, after all your pics I'm shocked at how naive I was when it came to Pakistan and cars. Reminds me a bit of when the Top Gear team visited Romania....

(I love the Red Evo MR *drools*)

Edited by esdeez

Safety for spectators at least was a problem. Real shame some had to pay the ultimate price for other's negligence... :(

On a more positive note, after all your pics I'm shocked at how naive I was when it came to Pakistan and cars. Reminds me a bit of when the Top Gear team visited Romania....

(I love the Red Evo MR *drools*)

Actually it was a mistake of the spectators too. They had to stay behind those dug out spaces but as soon as the race started, they came jumping towards the road just to see the cars racing.

The driver being arrested sounds stupid. Spectators attending a motor racing event do so at their own risk

Anyways love the collection. i never thought pakistan had such a great collection of cars