• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place To Buy A Yamaha Bike?

Huzefa

a 4 cylinder 250cc bike like a cbr really isn't a "BIG" bike for a newbie.

I myself started off with a 2stroke 200cc...never had an issue though i do share scars like most bikers do. Not because the bike was too big for me, but because all bikers no matter how good you are, will end up meeting the tarmac someday.

So if your basis of argument is simply... a noob can't own a cbr250 and an FZ is better since it's a less powerful bike... i think that's completely wrong.

A bike like a CBR will give you better handling, hence better safety...better balance which also means better safety... better braking which also means better safety. The CBR is developed for decades, fine tuned for decades and been proven all over the world...both on roads and an on tracks.

If i was a noob and had the choice between the two considering all those points...i would easily go for the CBR... which is why my first bike too was a 200cc and not some puny little indian bike. But that's just me...

And i'm pretty sure AL mobike fans like CP, MasterDon, Mani and Pradfred all share similar views.

You are entitled to your own opinion but that really doesn't make it the correct one.

Especially in a community forum like this where both cars and bikes are seen beyond just a means of transport.

well i agree with you maan... the CBR isnt a big bike... if you really want to you can start on a 250... my first bike was a Jap too but not a 250... it was a CB125T it was an Ok bike! but now i buy n sell 250's as a hobby... working on some custom paint jobs n styles now... youl'l see them soon!!! will post pics!

and i always believe bikes move a soul and not just the body or a means of transport!

i wud have gone for the CBR wen i started but haha too bad my dad wudnt allow me to... he insisted i started on sum crapy 100cc but i managed to settle in for the CB125T luvd it.. too bad it kept breaking down... and as at now hmmm ive not had a bad crash yet.... touchwood i guess its bcoz i started with a small bike dat i can flick around... yeah and if i had gone for a 250 im sure i wud have crashed atleast one.. or just dropped the bike atleast lol!! so yeah the smaller bike allowed me to skip the crash that i knw wud have happened!!!

too bad now a days for a noob on a medium scale budget the first bike is always an indian.... well atleast to the majority plus not every1 can afford a first Jap bike plus... 6 gears with a used clutch! i wish i cud revind days well but then again... i dont regret a thing!

i knw my opinion is not the correct one... but wat i knw is that its the most sensible one... dont you think? but i luv the way u put it i shall consider wat u said!

and i always believe bikes move a soul and not just the body or a means of transport!

Almost all indian bikes at the moment are made just as a means of transport without any soul to it.

hence things like saree guards and constant blabber about mpg numbers.

and as at now hmmm ive not had a bad crash yet.... touchwood i guess its bcoz i started with a small bike dat i can flick around... yeah and if i had gone for a 250 im sure i wud have crashed atleast one.. or just dropped the bike atleast lol!! so yeah the smaller bike allowed me to skip the crash that i knw wud have happened!!!

obviously you haven't pushed the envelope like the rest of us.

riding within and under your limits can be pretty safe. provided some other guy doesn't mess things up for. But if you've ridden competitively or ridden in rough terrain...crashes are inevitable

too bad now a days for a noob on a medium scale budget the first bike is always an indian....

well atleast to the majority plus not every1 can afford a first Jap bike plus...

that's your opinion mate. enough and more good used jap bikes if you know where and what to look.

6 gears with a used clutch! i wish i cud revind days well but then again... i dont regret a thing!

replacing clutch plates is an easy DIY... that is if you can't afford a mechanic to do it for you or find yourself good with mechanics.

I've changed clutch plates on both my bikes at home. didn't take more than a couple of hours including beer breaks.

And clutch plates aren't expensive.

i knw my opinion is not the correct one... but wat i knw is that its the most sensible one... dont you think?

certainly not to me it's sensible.

i don't see any reason to go for an indian piece of junk that has no soul, no history, no character over much better bikes that are out there. even for a noob.

this is very much like first time car buyers end up buying that crap heap called a maruti cos it's the only affordable brand new car, good for a noob, parts are cheap, un-used clutch etc etc etc...

Hahaha you are still talking from way up from your very high throne.... i understand u dude no need to pick up wat i said n quote on it ... lol!!!! trust me personally im thinking the way u do... but wat i say in here is in relation to a Noooby who knows nothing about bike!! not even shift gears!!! so just try to understand my view ya!

Almost all indian bikes at the moment are made just as a means of transport without any soul to it.

hence things like saree guards and constant blabber about mpg numbers.

obviously you haven't pushed the envelope like the rest of us.

riding within and under your limits can be pretty safe. provided some other guy doesn't mess things up for. But if you've ridden competitively or ridden in rough terrain...crashes are inevitable

well i think ive pushed my limits but not as much as you... i ride mostly in the city and take sharp turns and is proly one of the fastest things moving... this is not only my Fz but also on my other bikes... plus ive done off roading, but again comparing to experience not as much as you proly have ... haha talk about rough terrain haha... u shud have tagged along on our 40 biker ride to polanaruwa ive done it on both bikes... 150 and the 250's lol....

that's your opinion mate. enough and more good used jap bikes if you know where and what to look.

Err a NOOBy WUDNT know where to get them... unless ur dads a mech or ur family is full of riders or.. u have some sort of contact..... so u have to agree with me on this one.... if ur a dud on bikes u wudnt knw where to get a Jap... (in context with the topic of the thread)

replacing clutch plates is an easy DIY... that is if you can't afford a mechanic to do it for you or find yourself good with mechanics.

I've changed clutch plates on both my bikes at home. didn't take more than a couple of hours including beer breaks.

And clutch plates aren't expensive.

Again Errrrr!!!! you think a nooobie who dsnt knw to shift gears wud knw how to do dat????? flabergasting!!!!

certainly not to me it's sensible.

i don't see any reason to go for an indian piece of junk that has no soul, no history, no character over much better bikes that are out there. even for a noob.

this is very much like first time car buyers end up buying that crap heap called a maruti cos it's the only affordable brand new car, good for a noob, parts are cheap, un-used clutch etc etc etc...

every bike has a soul, every ride is an adventure, respect them all maaan... just coz u can afford the expensive dsnt meant the cheaper has no soul... for a newbie, their first bike is an adventure, and the first bikes im sure moves the soul!!! (stick to the topic)

we can talk about this all day long.... watever said the noob has already chosen the most sensible choice! and im sure there are lots out there wholl agree!

If you love your balls crushed between your pelvic bone and a cheap Indian sheet metal fuel tank, then FZ is the bike for you. And if you rode one for 12 hour stretches and wank on to them as often, you will end up just like this VenomMafiawhtasammacallit bugger... )0

• Like 1

every bike has a soul, every ride is an adventure, respect them all maaan... just coz u can afford the expensive dsnt meant the cheaper has no soul... for a newbie, their first bike is an adventure, and the first bikes im sure moves the soul!!! (stick to the topic)

![/b]

It moves your balls you mean? You love that, dontcha you little pervert? :lol:

• Like 1

It moves your balls you mean? You love that, dontcha you little pervert? :lol:

haha vvti... ur funny Pfffft good joke... is dat all u think of ? balls!! lol!!! who told u about the balls and the FZ haha... u take any bike haha haha any street bike or a faired racing one.. sit on one and ull know how close ur balls are to the tank!! maaan .... now dats dick talk!!!

cheers!!! haha uve got humor atleast!

I take it then the effect on the tank on your nether region is negligible due to obvious reasons. YOu must be saving a lot on shaving products, eh? Do you hum Britney Spears songs?

haiyo...go easy on the poor chap :)

he thinks riding to polonnaruwa and back is a big deal :P

ha ha ha... :) :)

happy frog in a little well :)

but wat i say in here is in relation to a Noooby who knows nothing about bike!! not even shift gears!!! so just try to understand my view ya![/b][/size]

just coz u can afford the expensive dsnt meant the cheaper has no soul... for a newbie, their first bike is an adventure, and the first bikes im sure moves the soul!!! (stick to the topic)[/size]

U call a FZ cheap???? :alc:

well i agree with you maan... the CBR isnt a big bike... if you really want to you can start on a 250... my first bike was a Jap too but not a 250... it was a CB125T it was an Ok bike! but now i buy n sell 250's as a hobby... working on some custom paint jobs n styles now... youl'l see them soon!!! will post pics!

i wud have gone for the CBR wen i started but haha too bad my dad wudnt allow me to... he insisted i started on sum crapy 100cc but i managed to settle in for the CB125T luvd it.. too bad it kept breaking down... and as at now hmmm ive not had a bad crash yet.... touchwood i guess its bcoz i started with a small bike dat i can flick around... yeah and if i had gone for a 250 im sure i wud have crashed atleast one.. or just dropped the bike atleast lol!! so yeah the smaller bike allowed me to skip the crash that i knw wud have happened!!!

too bad now a days for a noob on a medium scale budget the first bike is always an indian.... well atleast to the majority plus not every1 can afford a first Jap bike plus... 6 gears with a used clutch! i wish i cud revind days well but then again... i dont regret a thing!

i knw my opinion is not the correct one... but wat i knw is that its the most sensible one... dont you think? but i luv the way u put it i shall consider wat u said!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

haiyo...go easy on the poor chap :)

he thinks riding to polonnaruwa and back is a big deal :P

ha ha ha... :) :)

happy frog in a little well :)

@ ripper - lol no need to cling or or pat vvti's back get a spine of ur own... atleast he comes up with funny stuff...haha....

@ vvti - like the way u think dude lol "do u hum britney spears songs" haha dats goood! i dont too bad neh! got all club songs on ma mind lately.

@ ripper - u make me sound like a work for A*W lol... i dont!!!... its nt cheaper... but then again for a newbie and a new bike given the 2 year wrranty and maintenance cost and fuel consumption... its cheaper to Run and maintain. YES!

@ ripper - lol no need to cling or or pat vvti's back get a spine of ur own... atleast he comes up with funny stuff...haha....

well not really...the funniest stuff on this thread are from you :P

take a bow mate...you da man :)

and yeah...FZ is the best bike for a noob....NOT!

ROFLMAO

@ vvti - like the way u think dude lol "do u hum britney spears songs" haha dats goood! i dont too bad neh! got all club songs on ma mind lately.

Stop shagging my leg like a little horny puppy, mate.

• Like 2

well not really...the funniest stuff on this thread are from you :P

take a bow mate...you da man :)

and yeah...FZ is the best bike for a noob....NOT!

ROFLMAO

buhaha.... bow taken dude!!! well to b honest now that ive riden bikes i wish i cud go back and start with a 250 CBR lol.... but too bad my dad was only able to get me the CB 125T and dat was wat i learned on... coz i was 17 lol...

I thnk learning on the FZ wud be much more safer.. the guy buying it wud make the right choice im sure. So bow taken!!!

@vvti... woah relax with the pervy minded horny ideas!!! dats nt happening!! aha so not happening!! just appreciating humor! dnt get too excited!

buhaha.... bow taken dude!!! well to b honest now that ive riden bikes i wish i cud go back and start with a 250 CBR lol.... but too bad my dad was only able to get me the CB 125T and dat was wat i learned on... coz i was 17 lol...

I thnk learning on the FZ wud be much more safer.. the guy buying it wud make the right choice im sure. So bow taken!!!

@vvti... woah relax with the pervy minded horny ideas!!! dats nt happening!! aha so not happening!! just appreciating humor! dnt get too excited!

Im sure if u show this thread to A*W they will make u a Marketing Executive.... well dats if ur already not one :rolleyes:

Im sure if u show this thread to A*W they will make u a Marketing Executive.... well dats if ur already not one :rolleyes:

Damn how did i miss this thread LMAO :hah::speechless-smiley-004:

well i think it was a good show by the sales team at A*W :rolleyes:

contrary to what our little friend thinks...i think it was actually the other way around :D

picked the wrong forum, with the wrong crowd and a wrong bike to fight with and fight against...

horrid show... and until recently i didn't notice the saree guard on the FZ :P:D

I may need some more tips from VVTI haha

nah mate...that comment was aimed at our resident expert who thinks riding to polonnaruwa is a biggie and qualifies as riding in rough terrain :D :D

gotta say...good entertainment this fella has been...

buying and selling 250's as a hobby, torque claims on a puny 150cc motor, handling and soulfulness of a commuter oriented bike with a saree guard....

the list is endless :D :D

nah mate...that comment was aimed at our resident expert who thinks riding to polonnaruwa is a biggie and qualifies as riding in rough terrain :D :D

gotta say...good entertainment this fella has been...

buying and selling 250's as a hobby, torque claims on a puny 150cc motor, handling and soulfulness of a commuter oriented bike with a saree guard....

the list is endless :D :D

haha ya plenty of praising his own tail too...

Claiming to buy & sell Japanese bikes. But rides to polonnaruwa in an indian bike :rolleyes:

haha ya plenty of praising his own tail too...

Claiming to buy & sell Japanese bikes. But rides to polonnaruwa in an indian bike :rolleyes:

@ chooti "p****" - lol chooti ohh for god sakes... >> ur really bad at sarcasm nor humour... u need some serious help... y dont you go watch some "AlI G" and try breaking the ice!!! get out of ur serious little mind... take a break, have a laugh!!! ohh and yeah u need lots tips not from vvti but frm trying to figure out hw to take things easy and not be sooooo big headed!!! u knw wat i mean!

Ohh FYI im not A*W lol wat the hell is up with u n A*W ? ahh and FYI no need to make me a marketing Ex.... I am Senior Marketing where t am already so thanks!!!!!

ohh n yeh i rode to Pola on an FZ and rode on other bikes to lotsa other places... do i hv to mention them all or do u like clinging onto everytin i say??? and the buying and selling Jap bikes?? yeah dats true but hobby is the wrong word.. its like a money making thing that makes me happy loool !!! so since i do it for the money and not focus on it... id like to call it a hobby!!!

@ Ripper - has a saree guard???? i thot it was only in india lol!!! never seen one here with it... ohh i knw u hate the thing but u shud have a look at what u can do with it search for the FZ club on FB wil ya.. its in another language thoh. FZ indonesia and columbia!!! you can get really creative with this thing.!!!

P.s.s to everyone here... the FZ is good for a beginner if you dont wanna hurt urself physically, mentally and in your pocket its the one to go for.... if uve got a dad who foots all ur bills including ur underwear go for the CBR :D if dats wat ur trying to prove!!!

so if you still wanna act in the sense of... Hi there im over 30 years of age ive riddden more bikes so i act like a dooosh!! go ahead!! im actually laughing my arse out here seeing a bunch of easily flammable comments!! haha .... time to put out the flames... water anyone???

@ chooti "p****" - lol chooti ohh for god sakes... >> ur really bad at sarcasm nor humour... u need some serious help... y dont you go watch some "AlI G" and try breaking the ice!!! get out of ur serious little mind... take a break, have a laugh!!! ohh and yeah u need lots tips not from vvti but frm trying to figure out hw to take things easy and not be sooooo big headed!!! u knw wat i mean!

Ohh FYI im not A*W lol wat the hell is up with u n A*W ? ahh and FYI no need to make me a marketing Ex.... I am Senior Marketing where t am already so thanks!!!!! u really do give alot of ass to them for no apparent reason :P

ohh n yeh i rode to Pola on an FZ and rode on other bikes to lotsa other places... do i hv to mention them all or do u like clinging onto everytin i say??? and the buying and selling Jap bikes?? yeah dats true but hobby is the wrong word.. its like a money making thing that makes me happy loool !!! so since i do it for the money and not focus on it... id like to call it a hobby!!!

@ Ripper - has a saree guard???? i thot it was only in india lol!!! never seen one here with it... ohh i knw u hate the thing but u shud have a look at what u can do with it search for the FZ club on FB wil ya.. its in another language thoh. FZ indonesia and columbia!!! you can get really creative with this thing.!!!

P.s.s to everyone here... the FZ is good for a beginner if you dont wanna hurt urself physically, mentally and in your pocket its the one to go for.... if uve got a dad who foots all ur bills including ur underwear go for the CBR :D if dats wat ur trying to prove!!! U itself said u r father bought u ur first bike in an earlier comment...how dumb can u get????

so if you still wanna act in the sense of... Hi there im over 30 years of age ive riddden more bikes so i act like a dooosh!! go ahead!! im actually laughing my arse out here seeing a bunch of easily flammable comments!! haha .... time to put out the flames... water anyone???

Im gonna go with :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Chooti Putha