• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Message To "some" Hybrid Drivers

k9master

Stig, I don't understand how you can call anyone who spends Rs.4000000+ on a car an opportunistic cheapskate.

Simple, money has nothing to do with it.

If some guy who buys a G6 comes and asks "Whats the best brand of beer for me cause i dont want to spend too much on champagne" i'd still call him a cheapskate

They are being financially smart shoppers by making a purchase decision that makes use of government incentives and saves them a lot of money. What's so wrong with that?

If you were buying a house, and one house had a 50% tax and the other had a 120% tax, wouldn't the tax you would have to pay figure into your decision about which house to buy?

Nothing wrong with that, i didnt say it was wrong did i ? :rolleyes:

FYI cheapskate isnt always a negative terminology, it also means people who live frugally

take a look at this http://zenhabits.net/the-cheapskate-guide-50-tips-for-frugal-living/

Also i dont understand why most of you got your panties wet cause i was merely explaining to lkgamage that not everyone who buys a hybrid can be called a "tree huger"

Machang, isn't price point a major decision when choosing to buy a car? Might not be for everyone but for a lot of people it is. Hence, one reason for the popularity of Prius IMHO. It applies to a lot of other things as well. Garages, cushion work places, ICE joints etc... People go to different places 'cos it's cheaper than the other and they think they're getting a service that's worth for the money they spent.

Yes machan true, but this has nothing to do with purchasing decisions. This has to do with the fact that lkgamage categorized all hybrid users as "tree hugers" :)

Which i think is wrong cause most of them are just being frugal like you said.

But the way they rationalize the purchase is by categorizing themselves as tree hugers :rolleyes:

In all of this the most amusing and ironic fact is that the so called hybrid experts weren't actually able to answer the simple innocent question posted :action-smiley-060:

Edited by The Stig

In all of this the most amusing and ironic fact is that the so called hybrid experts weren't actually able to answer the simple innocent question posted :action-smiley-060:

So your brilliant idea is to call them cheapskates? Classy.

Still haven't heard what you're driving with your glass of champagne, skippy.

I think you need some local context to fully understand Stig’s comment

For example my next door neighbor bought a 2nd gen prius it was obvious from the conversation that I had with him that the only reason he bought it was because it was a Toyota does 20km per liter or something like that and you can get it for the price of an Axio

The relative cheapness of the hybrids was the main reason why many have bought them in this short time frame, now it gets interesting with the tax rise hybrids are also priced competitively to the non-hybrid alternatives, so let’s see how the market reacts will people stick with the hybrids or go back to the safer option of the Axio

I dont drive while im sipping on champagne as alcohol reduces one's reaction time :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, what do you drive, baller?

I dont drive while im sipping on champagne as alcohol reduces one's reaction time :rolleyes:

For someone who's been talking all that trash, you came back with this weak ass response?

Answer Mani's question Stig. You're so quick to talk trash, call people names, and bash people, but when someone asks you a very simple question you're not able to answer it.

• Like 2

Just loved Mani's comment.

Seriously, let them have their fun.

Maybe true that no hybrid owner could answer that question but the fact is everyone is still new to hybrids. Just because owning one does not make him an expert.

If any non hybrid owners have a solution or and answer your replies would be appreciated by them. If you don't still there's no reason to insult them.

Peri and Madz - you've been watching all these, if you don't want anything about hybrids, then pls include that now in the rules. simple as that!

Answer Mani's question Stig. You're so quick to talk trash, call people names, and bash people, but when someone asks you a very simple question you're not able to answer it.

Well did it ever occur to you that if someone wants to know what im driving he could simply view my profile ? :rolleyes:

I guess google didn't teach you that

How much stupider can you people get :action-smiley-060:

Well did it ever occur to you that if someone wants to know what im driving he could simply view my profile ? :rolleyes:

I guess google didn't teach you that

How much stupider can you people get :action-smiley-060:

Maybe some of us don't give a rats ass about you or your PRIFILE!

Interesting thread :) as always...

on a slightly different note...i see lotsa noobs taking heavy shots at not only the prius but also the owners... stereotyping them etc etc...

Local context or not... these cars and their owners are in their right to buy and use what they want.

I don't see anybody claiming the Prius to be superior in performance, handling etc over a conventional car... except for superior mpg figures and relatively low purchase price...the prius doesn't have much going for it IMO

So as long as Prius fans don't come up with insane claims and try to take on conventional vehicles that are better in so many other ways...i don't see why we as a community should bash them...

Also...some of the "bashers" have not put down their hard earned money for the vehicles they claim to have. So kindly stop bitching about another fella who has put down his own damn money on what he think is right for him. Just because you bash corollas, prius and other econoboxes doesn't make you look cool...it makes you look like a stupid retard who obviously have a lot to learn not only in motoring but also life in general

• Like 6

Very sensible and very timely post,

Hats off to you ripper, feel like giving you a hug :)

well thanks but we'll skip the whole hugging part :P not cool :D

You can try with MasterDon though :P

Interesting thread :) as always...

on a slightly different note...i see lotsa noobs taking heavy shots at not only the prius but also the owners... stereotyping them etc etc...

Local context or not... these cars and their owners are in their right to buy and use what they want.

I don't see anybody claiming the Prius to be superior in performance, handling etc over a conventional car... except for superior mpg figures and relatively low purchase price...the prius doesn't have much going for it IMO

So as long as Prius fans don't come up with insane claims and try to take on conventional vehicles that are better in so many other ways...i don't see why we as a community should bash them...

Also...some of the "bashers" have not put down their hard earned money for the vehicles they claim to have. So kindly stop bitching about another fella who has put down his own damn money on what he think is right for him. Just because you bash corollas, prius and other econoboxes doesn't make you look cool...it makes you look like a stupid retard who obviously have a lot to learn not only in motoring but also life in general

Okay no need to drag this any further

31oJMaC7ROL.jpg

Yes i did pull that comment out of my ass so once again sorry if i offended anyone :suicide2:

Also...some of the "bashers" have not put down their hard earned money for the vehicles they claim to have. So kindly stop bitching about another fella who has put down his own damn money on what he think is right for him.

aaite, I think this is my first ever reply on a Hybrid thread.

Hats off to you Ripper. Well said. Been reading these Prius/Hybrid threads for a while, haven't seen a bold and dumb comment by anyone such as: "I am all for sustainable energy, so I drive a prius.." or "my Prius was blasting through kadugannawa like its on rails..", etc.. So what you saying is exactly right. But i agree, if anyone is hugging roads just for the cheap thrill of trying to hyper-mile, them idiots should be shot.! :D

• Like 1

If I would buy a Hybrid, I would go for the Insight. Look at those figures!

Sounds interesting :D machan i saw an Alfa Romeo 159 in the vehicle park at Dambulla golden temple.just remembered you.I tried to catch the owner of the car but couldn't..geee that car was Awesome :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Sounds interesting :D machan i saw an Alfa Romeo 159 in the vehicle park at Dambulla golden temple.just remembered you.I tried to catch the owner of the car but couldn't..geee that car was Awesome :rolleyes:

That's a bit creepy, but yes, Alfa's are awesome... :)

if anyone is hugging roads just for the cheap thrill of trying to hyper-mile, them idiots should be shot.! :D

ditto....them road hoggers are a menace...

and i've seen just about every car make driven by some moron who just dont want to give way...

yesterday i had a short tiff with a bugger in a 7 series... he just wouldn't budge from the right lane doing a cool 20kmh with a good 100metres of clear road in front of him...and there was an equally slow moving tuk tuk on the left lane... this was galle road near temple trees

I had take 2 the vehicle scaringly close to the moron to get him outta my way...

sadly...there were coppers on the road and those dim wits do jack shit about road hoggers...which i think is a shame :(