• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Message To "some" Hybrid Drivers

k9master

Well did it ever occur to you that if someone wants to know what im driving he could simply view my profile ? :rolleyes:

I guess google didn't teach you that

How much stupider can you people get :action-smiley-060:

Ohh awesome idea.. lemme go run and see your profile! ..... ok i'm back....

A E46 and a K11 (aka Daddy's car and mommy's car) :rolleyes: SOOOO COOL!

Dude, ur only a little 2o year old choo kolla. So maybe you should wait till you grow a pair of balls before talking big like you so :D

• Like 3

Ohh awesome idea.. lemme go run and see your profile! ..... ok i'm back....

A E46 and a K11 (aka Daddy's car and mommy's car) :rolleyes: SOOOO COOL!

Dude, ur only a little 2o year old choo kolla. So maybe you should wait till you grow a pair of balls before talking big like you so :D

LOL

Or at the very lease get the cherry popped :D

Rubbing it with soap when he wash it don't count.

Yep it is fun to race with people tryng to overtake u but it has pretty bad consequences.

Once my mom did that to a motorcyclist who got hit by oncoming traffic (car). Miraculously he did not die but the accident could have been fatal.

The danger is enhanced in auto and even more in hybrid vehicles as computers controll what we r trying to do.

I see, you inherited it from mom's side, didn't you ?

• 2 years later...

Had a similar experience and a search revealed this thread.

Been away from SL for a long time, returned back to a job that involvs getting to work really early in the morning. At those times the road is wide open and i still see people driving Priuses (mainly) and insights at very slow speeds even on the fast lane and even on narrow roads. This is a very common occurance and is very irritating.

Is this how the majority of hybrid drivers behave? or just the lot who's driving during unearthly hours like me?

Just to add for this topic, I had a long journey from Colombo to N'Eliya, Bandualla, Mahniyanganaya and back to Colombo by a Honda Insight. With lot of aggressive driving. Has done 19Km/L for entire trip. Even I had used Sport gear in some locations to overtake drivers who doesn't give chance you to overtake. Most of the trip, have past many corollas, axios, allions and max speed was 100 Km/h. I don't know why people scarifies driving pleasure and time just to save 1 Liter of fuel out of 45Liter tank.

Had a similar experience and a search revealed this thread.

Been away from SL for a long time, returned back to a job that involvs getting to work really early in the morning. At those times the road is wide open and i still see people driving Priuses (mainly) and insights at very slow speeds even on the fast lane and even on narrow roads. This is a very common occurance and is very irritating.

Is this how the majority of hybrid drivers behave? or just the lot who's driving during unearthly hours like me?

i drive my brother's prius occasionally.

usually go around 70kmph ( cant exceed - because of the cops), long distances

manage to get 20+ km/l most of the time

in colombo, take every opportunity to accelarate and go fast

still get around 16-18 km/l .................

i think it s not because of the the idea of saving fuel, but because some people think that the right lane is reserved for cars (at whatever the speed they move)

and most of them dont give way for the vehicle coming behind.............. this is not only done by the prius people

and most of them dont give way for the vehicle coming behind.............. this is not only done by the prius people

My solution is to first give a courtesy horn to ask him to move, else flash my headlights continuously as a final warning...if that fails, overtake from the left and cut right back into the right lane very close (preferably scaring her/him into suddenly braking).

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 3

My solution is to first give a courtesy horn to ask him to move, else flash my headlights continuously as a final warning...if that fails, overtake from the left and cut right back into the right lane very close (preferably scaring her/him into suddenly braking).

I have one additional step:

If there's no traffic behind, Go as slow as possible for a few seconds to give him a taste of his own driving.

• Like 4

Driving at 30kmph to save fuel? Wonder why they bought a car in the first place. It would be much more economical to take the bus I guess... :rolleyes: and the bus would be faster too.

Ouch... he would burn fuel in accelarating... :D fuel economy goes down the drain...

• 3 weeks later...