• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Maintanence

rover

Look in the mirror. :rolleyes:

I feel sorry most of the guys here who are clueless on Hybrids. Prius is one of the best in performance compared to other hybrids. Not even BMW, Mercedes or Porsche Hybrids can overtake performance of Prius. Oneday most of the european manufacturers will match the performance of prius by way of silence, smoothness, comfort and reliability. Some of them even does not know that Prius 1800 CC is full power for wheels and A/C etc is powered through hybrid battery. European cars like Alfa Romeo, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes will be able to achieve this if they go with their A/C knocked off like in europe. Thats why they go for Big engines that drink fuel. I am sure when our european car owners growup and become more brave, they will buy a prius and enjoy the ride. Thats what has happend in US and UK.

I feel sorry most of the guys here who are clueless on Hybrids. Prius is one of the best in performance compared to other hybrids. Not even BMW, Mercedes or Porsche Hybrids can overtake performance of Prius. Oneday most of the european manufacturers will match the performance of prius by way of silence, smoothness, comfort and reliability. Some of them even does not know that Prius 1800 CC is full power for wheels and A/C etc is powered through hybrid battery. European cars like Alfa Romeo, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes will be able to achieve this if they go with their A/C knocked off like in europe. Thats why they go for Big engines that drink fuel. I am sure when our european car owners growup and become more brave, they will buy a prius and enjoy the ride. Thats what has happend in US and UK.

Good lord! Do these PRI-ASSclowns grow on trees?

• Like 1

there is a reason for that, thats becouse, BMW, MERC, Porch, Ferari make REAL CARS the way it way it was ment to be made.

and what on earth possesed you to compare a Pri-ASS to an Alfa, BMW, Jag or an Merc..

atleast rover here didnt try to compare it to the european cars..

what i see is,, you havent yet driven a real car or you bought a pri-ass and trying

to convince yourself, that its the best car in the whole world becouse in reality, you know its just a car

that was made to go from A to B

Guys..shall we stop this Prius arguments? coz Prius is not all about automobile..I think all members here are automobile enthusiasts, though there can be biased ideas based on the model and brand they use..can somebody start a good topic to discuss as most of the members here might definitely be tired of hybrid topics.. :rolleyes:

This is not a good way to start off on a forum. I noticed your current post count is 2 and hardly nobody knows you. So what is the point of starting off accusing all the members of the forum of being ignorant and try to portray yourself as some sort of an expert on Hybrids but clearly you are not. I will also point out that am not an expert either. But I've been a member for longer and have benefited from it, so I might know a thing or two that you don't.

Now all of us I think appreciate the brilliance of Hybrid technology and in particular Toyota's implementation of Hybrid Synergy drive which has won numerous awards and was certainly pioneering when it was first introduced. This has never been questioned or dismissed.

What we have cast doubt over is the (false) economics of owning a Hybrid particularly in a Sri Lankan context. Sadly the debate has gotten a little away from it's original purpose, but I still feel the concerns raised by many is justifiable.

All manufacturers will introduce versions of the Hybrid systems soon. But hardly anybody buys a Prius because they enjoy the drive of it (even Toyota will disagree with you on that :)). There will be cars introduced soon which can lay claim to that but it certainly won't be the Prius and to be fair to Toyota that has never been it's proposition.

At best Hybrids are a stop gap measure to full plug in electric cars. Toyota has already introduced a plug-in Hybrid.

Edited by The Don
  • Like 3

Guys..shall we stop this Prius arguments? coz Prius is not all about automobile..I think all members here are automobile enthusiasts, though there can be biased ideas based on the model and brand they use..can somebody start a good topic to discuss as most of the members here might definitely be tired of hybrid topics.. :rolleyes:

Oh, No. NO Don't. This is a great thread for some people to increase there number of post figures. Most of them are afraid to face the truth.

:hah: :hah: this statement wanna make me LMAO..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good lord! Do these PRI-ASSclowns grow on trees?

hey let me guess you are another illiterate non-hybrid owner aren't you? only an idiot would drive anything but a toyota prius. Just you wait till the day us prii owners take over the planet and set fire to your polluting rust buckets. Maybe if you were more educated you would realise how great hybrids are.

Now how can you compare a Prius with a BMW or a merc or with any other car for that matter. All these European cars that you mentioned have their unique identities and non of them can be compared even with each other. And the Prius was built for a purpose – Fuel economy and low emissions, which Toyota succeeded brilliantly. But simply because it’s a success does not mean that everybody is going to buy a Prius. If what you are saying is true then we should see much more than the million Prius sold in the U.S don’t you think?

Now coming back to the hybrid topic, the ONLY reason that I was posting many things about the hybrids is because lot of people in the very beginning jumped to a conclusion that Hybrids will not succeed in Sri Lanka. I had to put my opinion (Post #108 and # 130) in order to make them see clearly. But while doing so some people misunderstood me as being a promoter of hybrids or as a marketing ploy. But I did it with my conscience and I’m pretty happy with the outcome.

And enough said about hybrids, I think we have discussed almost everything from a Prius wheel to monkeys on a tree, it’s time to take a break………. before I get kicked out from the forum. ;)

Edited by rover

Now how can you compare a Prius with a BMW or a merc or with any other car for that matter. All these European cars that you mentioned have their unique identities and non of them can be compared even with each other. And the Prius was built for a purpose – Fuel economy and low emissions, which Toyota succeeded brilliantly. But simply because it’s a success does not mean that everybody is going to buy a Prius. If what you are saying is true then we should see much more than the million Prius sold in the U.S don’t you think?

Now coming back to the hybrid topic, the ONLY reason that I was posting many things about the hybrids is because lot of people in the very beginning jumped to a conclusion that Hybrids will not succeed in Sri Lanka. I had to put my opinion (Post #108 and # 130) in order to make them see clearly. But while doing so some people misunderstood me as being a promoter of hybrids or as a marketing ploy. But I did it with my conscience and I’m pretty happy with the outcome.

And enough said about hybrids, I think we have discussed almost everything from a Prius wheel to monkeys on a tree, it’s time to take a break………. before I get kicked out from the forum. ;)

for once, im agreeing with rover here..

• Like 1