• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hp 1700+

Parak

I know what lag is....i dont need u to google it & tell me :angry-smiley-048:

Dude, All people here don't know how much of an expert you are or how much knowledgeable you are on the subjects. We only can judge what you need to know only through the question you have asked. In this case it was just "What do you mean?"

BTW, no one needs to google out the limited information that i have given of Turbo Lag.

I asked what do u mean??? becoz i wanted to know why stig thought the lag would be unbearable???? people dont go driving on fifth gear like on your favourite tv show top gear to see how much the turbo lags :alc:

Finally, then I'm sorry if I have offended your knowledge and reputation, by replying to this question which I understood wrong.

Dude, All people here don't know how much of an expert you are or how much knowledgeable you are on the subjects. We only can judge what you need to know only through the question you have asked. In this case it was just "What do you mean?"

BTW, no one needs to google out the limited information that i have given of Turbo Lag.

Finally, then I'm sorry if I have offended your knowledge and reputation, by replying to this question which I understood wrong.

The reason i asked him was becoz he had mentioned the Lag would be unbearable....so i wanted him to further elaborate on his comment made...

I'm sorry to tell you that Sri Lanka is not been developed yet to buy vehicles for passion.It's just the requirement. There maybe some people who do it for pleasure.but the majority do it to make their life convenient.Do you think it's easy task to ride push bike in SL with the smoky and dusty roads with the burning sun?.What you are telling maybe applicable to Australia,but not for Sri Lanka.People buying vehicles states a simple logic..thats the life standard of the Sri Lankan people are getting better. :rolleyes:

there poor people who use push bike for there day to day travel.

what do u mean?????

how can this be a stock car?????

Okay im wrong, im stupid and i have no idea about cars or their components like you.I haven't made any contributions to this site,all i have done is just wasted server space with my stupid and uninformed comments.I just copy paste things from google :)

Happy ?

You know what ? you are just pathetic, thats what you are !

I know why you are asking all these questions from me (more like rhetorical questions), you just want to make some smart ass comment dont you :rolleyes:

Holding grudges ? Seriously, what are you 5 ? For God sakes please grow up !

FYI i will not be replying to any of your comments from here after so please dont bother replying

Have a nice day :)

Edited by The Stig

there poor people who use push bike for there day to day travel.

Machan.most of the push bikers before 4 years are now proud owners of motor bikes in my town.and those who used motor bikes are now running their dream Maruti.The maruti owners have upgraded to Swift, Demio, Fit..and some has more powerful machines like prados and monteros..It's developing machan..really i'm happy to see people grow up their wealth step by step..Isn't it something we all should be happy about??? :rolleyes: in fact there can be useless not for nothing people who doesn't want to go beyond the darkness.But most of them have their own dreams and working hard to make them a reality. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Ahhh... I had forgotten this. Tho it does show some people don't change. Not learned much in the intervening years. Bet he hasn't bought those diaspora bonds either.

http://www.autolanka...dpost__p__90531

Good work and waste of time digging into the History

Machan.most of the push bikers before 4 years are now proud owners of motor bikes in my town.and those who used motor bikes are now running their dream Maruti.The maruti owners have upgraded to Swift, Demio, Fit..and some has more powerful machines like prados and monteros..It's developing machan..really i'm happy to see people grow up their wealth step by step..Isn't it something we all should be happy about??? :rolleyes: in fact there can be useless not for nothing people who doesn't want to go beyond the darkness.But most of them have their own dreams and working hard to make them a reality. :rolleyes:

I understand your point. I am very happy to hear above. What my question is why people spend so much money (compare to income) on junks without a justifiable reason. I know the attitude of the people in SL becasue I am one of them. Every body have a dream of showing off. I known most of their dreams, Wearing ties in 35 degree day and driving their Bullock carts into the Jam packed traffic with more and more Bullocks and their carts.

Say average price of car is 2 mil Rs /[(50000 (say average monthly income)X12]= 3.3yrs Means 3.3yrs of total income need to buy a car

Same Car in here(oz) is may be around 1mil Rs /[(average aussi monthly income 250000] = 4 months salary. But most of the peoplein Oz earning that moeny would go for 0.5 mil car (second hand).

This not growing up.

I am very sorry.

I am very sorry too. That such stupidity was allowed to breed is a crime against humanity.

I agree. You mean Bullocks putting there Bullock carts into the jam packed traffic moving @ 5kmph

I understand your point. I am very happy to hear above. What my question is why people spend so much money (compare to income) on junks without a justifiable reason. I know the attitude of the people in SL becasue I am one of them. Every body have a dream of showing off. I known most of their dreams, Wearing ties in 35 degree day and driving their Bullock carts into the Jam packed traffic with more and more Bullocks and their carts.

Say average price of car is 2 mil Rs /[(50000 (say average monthly income)X12]= 3.3yrs Means 3.3yrs of total income need to buy a car

Same Car in here(oz) is may be around 1mil Rs /[(average aussi monthly income 250000] = 4 months salary. But most of the peoplein Oz earning that moeny would go for 0.5 mil car (second hand).

This not growing up.

I am very sorry.

God here we go again...

Parak,

Thought you learnt something in your previous thread (quoted here) after 6 useless pages... But seems like you are not and let me try one more time...

Point 1:

All People like and will show off which ever way they prefer...

If it's just sri lankan people who like to be Bling or show off, a lot of car manufacturers in the would have gone out of business by now... Ferrari, Maybac, Rolls will be nonexistent... Capitalism functions on the principal of people wanting to grow, earn and spend. In your sense Australia must be a communist country...

I incidentally work for a Fully Australian owned company. Our Managing Director, who is an Ausie, has a Ferrari 355 amongst few other vehicles... He has built this business from 5 people to a multi-national, He deserves this reward for his achievements and sacrifices, the same way most of deserve out 10 yr old econoboxes.

Most of the Directors are hardcore AUDI fans. When we share motoring experiences as car enthusiasts, yes they are astonished to hear that we have to pay 140k AUD to buy an AUDI A6 when they can do for 50k. But none of them has looked at us in ridicule (like u) and only have shown respect and happiness when we upgrade our rides, the way we can.

Point 2:

According to your 2 month salary theory, even the best business leaders here should only buy cars such as Nissan Sunny B14, Honda EK3, Toyota Corolla AE100 basically 10 -15 years old cars. Will a person ever have a motivation to grow or be ambitious if 15 - 20 years of hard work can only give him a car which was manufactured when the person was schooling?

On the same point, achieving a 50k salary itself takes a lot and another lot of effort and sacrifice here. SO what sort of life style improvements do you suggest for this sort of a person? Shift to a so called luxury inter-city bus from a regular bus? (FYI only difference is a name sake A\C as an improvement - you'll have to still stand and go)

Point 3:

Prices of goods vary from market to market based on various socio-economic factors and in this case it’s not at all the fault of the consumer. So you have no right to pass judgment or insult a set of people who have to pay more for the same good you are able to buy cheap in another market governed by different conditions. Really shows what sort of a character you are…

Us locals do feel privileged to be stuck in our 2million bullock carts with other bulls who can afford them cos at least we are seated in them after a hard days of work. We do feel sorry for those others in public transportation in such a bad state, because at one point in our life when we started off, we used to be in the same.

Even if a day comes when the public transportation becomes so improved, I’m pretty sure us or any car lover in any market would still buy the best car they can paying the best price they can, for daily driving or just for Sundays. This will be the same way for other type of people who buys Luxury Condos and Mansion when they can, just when they can be satisfied with living in a 2BR apartment. Cars, houses, or let alone gym memberships will upgrade with one's income based on ones life-style choices and afordability. Thats the way of the world...

WHY DID YOU EMIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA MATE?

• Like 4

Okay im wrong, im stupid and i have no idea about cars or their components like you.I haven't made any contributions to this site,all i have done is just wasted server space with my stupid and uninformed comments.I just copy paste things from google :)

Happy ?

You know what ? you are just pathetic, thats what you are !

I know why you are asking all these questions from me (more like rhetorical questions), you just want to make some smart ass comment dont you :rolleyes:

Holding grudges ? Seriously, what are you 5 ? For God sakes please grow up !

FYI i will not be replying to any of your comments from here after so please dont bother replying

Have a nice day :)

Dude for godsake dont get u r panties in a bunch & dont flatter u r self. I dont have any grudge against u... I just asked u a question :rolleyes: which i can see u have no answer for. Seriously dude this is not NFS...Grow up :angry-smiley-048: if u really wanna learn stuff ask people.

What my question is why people spend so much money (compare to income) on junks without a justifiable reason. I know the attitude of the people in SL becasue I am one of them. Every body have a dream of showing off. I known most of their dreams, Wearing ties in 35 degree day and driving their Bullock carts into the Jam packed traffic with more and more Bullocks and their carts.

So what exactly are you trying to say here ?

Because Sri Lanka is a low income county we shouldn't buy cars ?

Because Sri Lanka is a tropical country with a warm weather we should stop wearing ties and go to work in arm cuts and shorts ?

Because Sri Lanka has traffic we should not go to work on such days ? oh wait i forgot, you want us to walk to work isnt it :rolleyes:

Ha Ha you are joking right ?

Did it ever occur to you that a person earning 50k a month will not actually save his entire salary ?

I dont know how it is in "Oz" but here people actually have to eat to survive, have to pay their water and electricity bills.Have to pay rent and taxes. Have to pay for transport, have to spend on personal needs like clothes,have to buy furniture and other household equipment.

So maybe in "wonder land" people save their entire earnings without spending them on food or anything else but the truth is that most people can only save about 20% of their salary back here in SL. So for us saving about 10-20k every month and buying a car is a big deal be it junk or not !

This not growing up.

I am very sorry.

you know after reading all your stories about bullock carts and bulls and what not i still have a huge question lurking in my mind

If you care so much about SL and the way we spend our money why are you there and not here ?

• Like 3

Pls note the time stamp

I am finishing this debate, As our Great Teacher Lord Budda said," I ALREADY STOPPED, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO STOP" (from Angulimala Jathakaya)

Please note this time stamp

Is this a how Moderator writes or "Mud"rattler slings.

Cheers

And this

Good work and waste of time digging into the History

And this

I agree. You mean Bullocks putting there Bullock carts into the jam packed traffic moving @ 5kmph

This condescending, sanctimonious, utterly worthless, moronic waste of oxygen can't even follow thru on what he says. However great the teacher, this student obviously has not learned ANYTHING!

And I will bet a months pay he STILL hasn't bought any diaspora bonds despite his concern for the plight of the people. Like that story about Wimal W, despite being all communist and "of the people", spending money on some expensive saloon to get his beard shaved.

Edited by Pericles

So what exactly are you trying to say here ?

Because Sri Lanka is a low income county we shouldn't buy cars ?

Because Sri Lanka is a tropical country with a warm weather we should stop wearing ties and go to work in arm cuts and shorts ?

Because Sri Lanka has traffic we should not go to work on such days ? oh wait i forgot, you want us to walk to work isnt it :rolleyes:

Ha Ha you are joking right ?

Did it ever occur to you that a person earning 50k a month will not actually save his entire salary ?

I dont know how it is in "Oz" but here people actually have to eat to survive, have to pay their water and electricity bills.Have to pay rent and taxes. Have to pay for transport, have to spend on personal needs like clothes,have to buy furniture and other household equipment.

So maybe in "wonder land" people save their entire earnings without spending them on food or anything else but the truth is that most people can only save about 20% of their salary back here in SL. So for us saving about 10-20k every month and buying a car is a big deal be it junk or not !

nicely said buddy :appl: :appl:

Pls note the time stamp

Please note this time stamp

And this

And this

This condescending, sanctimonious, utterly worthless, moronic waste of oxygen can't even follow thru on what he says. However great the teacher, this student obviously has not learned ANYTHING!

And I will bet a months pay he STILL hasn't bought any diaspora bonds despite his concern for the plight of the people. Like that story about Wimal W, despite being all communist and "of the people", spending money on some expensive saloon to get his beard shaved.

Yeh, Yeh you are the only person who is completely perfect. Do you need the reciept. Mr "Mud"rater

Yeh, Yeh you are the only person who is completely perfect. Do you need the reciept. Mr "Mud"rater

Never claimed to be perfect. And I see you still aren't following the great teacher despite your willingness to quote it while pretending you have a high horse to be on.

Still no diaspora bonds?

Hi me again

I do not want to quote few members comments

Following reply answer the most of the common questions

• Why I migrated to Australia?, I have not had any idea for migrating. How ever one of my work mate always wanted to migrate. I used to visit his agent with hime and agent suggested me to apply for it. I am here now. Anyway, I like the set up here. No Peons to carry the bosses bags, no dedicated workers to make tea for the staff. Every body have a work to do and everybody get treated same level.
  • Comparing car prices and Nominal Income? This was the easy way to show the facts. If I went by disposable income there would be lot ot calculations to confuse the reader.
  • I am not against anybody want to buy a car or own one. Person haven't had a car appriciate when he get a car such as treat. People who has been having cars from generations don't care about it because it is nothing new to him. Every house hold has a car in most of the so called developed countries such as having a broom or a cooking pot in a house hold nobody care about it. That is the problem most of the people think having a car is a achiving a another level in the social ladder which is wrong.

I will answer other questions when I get a time.

That is the problem most of the people think having a car is a achiving a another level in the social ladder which is wrong.

Too bad they don't have peons to carry the bosses bag in Aussie. If Harak was working at my company, thats the only job he would qualify for with that level of English. But my company doesn't employ peons either, so I guess old harak will have to remain where he is sniffing petrol fumes from old F1 tracks... so sad... :sad-smiley-002:

This not growing up.

I am very sorry.

I'm also very sorry to say you that it's not showing off.It's the development.

As you say.then there will be very less vehicles in Sri Lanka if everybody think like you.Why are you comparing Australia with Sri Lanka???.is there any point as far as culture,or economy is concern we can match? :blink: how many countries you have visited mate?.you should have visited other south asian countries and compare how the standard of Sri Lankan living style.

Other than Pakistan,Bhutan,and Afganistan,I have visited all the other south asian countries.Even if india has very hightec IT cities like Bangalore, their average living standard is far more behind Sri Lanka..The only country who can match Sri Lanka a bit as far as living quality is concern is the Maldives..

I haven't visited Australia. But I have visited USA in 2007 and i hope that it's a developed country than the Australia.If i compare SL with US standards it's not a fare comparison..I don't know whats wrong with you.. :blink: fisrt of all you tell me why you migrated to OZZ? I'm sure you are one of those having migration fever.. :lol: