• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 Hyundai Sonata With R-Series Diesel Engine

YesinLegend

Question

Wouldn't it be great if Hyundai Dealership could import the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata with the 2000cc R-series Diesel engine. The car would not only look great but the running costs would be easy on the wallet too. Besides Diesel gives more power than the equivalent capacity Petrol engine. The R-series diesel engine already sold here in the 2011 Santa fe & the 2011 Kia Sorento-R too. They already manufacture R series Sonatas in South Korea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_R_engine (it is at the bottom of the page)I don't think Prestige Autos offer this trim because it's not on their catalog. I think adding a Diesel to this cars Lineup would make way more Desirable than it already is. Who wouldn't want a car that looks like a Mercedes CLS & 150,000Km warranty for just 5.5mil.

Just to be frank I'm no sales representative.Ignore those comments.I just really wish hyundai would bring the Diesel version.

post-47933-069276000 1303409069_thumb.jp

Edited by YesinLegend

You are a poor marketing guy. You should identify your target crowd. I am pretty sure most of AL members wouldn't fit in your cage. This is a very big ZERO in your report. :action-smiley-060:

I guess u r 1 of those ppl who takes a look @ what others have 2 say & add more hay to the fire.BTW I'm not a sales representative. lol :P

Ok its survey time dumbass! :jumping-smiley-013:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions#List_of_countries_by_2007_emissions

7 of the top ten highest CO2 emmitting countries are developed countries...and SL is way down on the list at 92 with 0.04%,negligible!

Oh dear these surveys are not going your way are they?...First they proved that you are a homosexual,and now that you are a white ass kissing,tree hugging liar.

Have a nice day! :)

Here you go again....posting things on the AutoLanka forum without first using your brain to carefully read and think about and contemplate and understand the thing you are posting.

Really, I can't be bothered to explain why the survey you posted is about something that's very different from and has little to do with whats being discussed on this thread.

But in any case, maybe we should call you MasterBates from now on instead of MasterDon because your posts are so immauture.

Well there is bad news my dad told me that every 5 years the battery of a hybrid has 2 be replaced.The cost of the battery is like 8-15 lakhs.I feel sorry for the person who bought the Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid wonder how much it's battery would cost

Actually the batteries in hybrids are designed to last the life of the car. That includes the battery in the 2011 Sonata Hybrid.

http://forum.autolanka.com/Index.php?/topic/10202-hybrid-and-zero-emissions-vehicles-photos-and-news/ (see post #2)

Actually the batteries in hybrids are designed to last the life of the car. That includes the battery in the 2011 Sonata Hybrid.

http://forum.autolanka.com/Index.php?/topic/10202-hybrid-and-zero-emissions-vehicles-photos-and-news/ (see post #2)

That's marvelous! I guess Hybrids are back on my wish list again.Too bad the government raised the taxes of hybrids up to 50%-100% depending on type 2day. I really had my eye on a GS450H :(

That's marvelous! I guess Hybrids are back on my wish list again.Too bad the government raised the taxes of hybrids up to 50%-100% depending on type 2day. I really had my eye on a GS450H :(

The all-new 2012 Lexus GS Hybrid is going on sale later this year: (post #148)

Usually the price of the previous model reduces when the new model comes out. Maybe a GS450h will be in your future. Good luck!

Here you go again....posting things on the AutoLanka forum without first using your brain to carefully read and think about and contemplate and understand the thing you are posting.

Really, I can't be bothered to explain why the survey you posted is about something that's very different from and has little to do with whats being discussed on this thread.

But in any case, maybe we should call you MasterBates from now on instead of MasterDon because your posts are so immauture.

Can't be bothered to explain eh? Could that be because you realize you've been proven wrong?

Tsk Tsk...

It REALLY is funny that you should say that, because it appears to be what you do ALL. THE. TIME.

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 3

My post contained a counter argument to the your post which said

. I say the vehicle exhaust smoke emissions and pollution levels in Colombo is MUCH worse than any U.S., European, and 'clean' Asian city such as Tokyo or Singapore.

and

When I come back to Sri Lanka from a trip to a developed economy, the noticeably higher vehicle emissions and pollution levels just on the drive back from the airport is something that always hits me. It's probably not an issue for you because its become "normal" to you and therefore something you don't notice

I think that is completely relevent...where as your post contains no facts,no logic...just some random comments trying to wiggle your way out...desperate,I call it.

And MasterBates????....LOL thats original...NOT!!!

I think either VVTi,Ripper or Shai called me that when I first changed my name...TWO FU*KING YEARS AGO!!!

Massive Fail dumbass!

The all-new 2012 Lexus GS Hybrid is going on sale later this year: (post #148)

Usually the price of the previous model reduces when the new model comes out. Maybe a GS450h will be in your future. Good luck!

Well the price of a GS450h has gone up from 9mil 15mil I think because of the recent tax hike. I really hope the new GS will come out soon.(lol it'll make the old one look bad though) Thanx BTW :)

OK....looks like I have to explain

Your survey is correct, Sri Lanka has small total CO2 emissions compared to larger countries in the world. We are a small country with only 20 million people, a smaller land mass, a smaller industrial base and comparatively not a lot of motor vehicles. So our total total CO2 emissions is comparatively small.

But that's not what was being discussed in this thread.

The discussion in this thread was about the experience of walking down the road and having vehicles with no catalytic converters or emissions controls drive by emitting untreated toxic exhaust smoke out of their tailpipes. This is a common and not very healthy experience in Sri Lanka and many countries. And this occurs because so many of our vehicles including most buses and lorries do not have any emissions controls.

On the other hand, governments in some other countries had the foresight to require very strict emissions controls on all vehicles decades ago. So all their vehicles on the road have emissions controls.In those countries one can walk down the road and the vehicles passing by are not emitting any smoke or even noticeable exhaust fumes.

The government of Sri Lanka has now recognized this, and as you know, has started emissions testing and hybrid tax concessions in order to reduce those vehicle tailpipe emissions. That is all.

Wow, that's a big price jump. I guess we'll being seeing fewer of them on the road. :(

I "think" it'll be around that price considering it's gasoline motor is a 2.5l engine.It gets 100% excise tax. I went 2 a car dealership yesterday & they said they can't quote a specific price yet :)