• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tire Brands

da coolest

Great Choice! I am running 225/16s on the Alfa and they grip well. So far not encountered any loss of traction despite ea few very very tight situations, even in the wet.

Cool. Actually had to slam my brakes in the rain this morning after a truck cut in front of me without warning. They held up pretty well.

One of my friends has Turanza's on his car (Honda Civic 06 model), bought them a couple of years ago, lasted for about 30,000 km's so far, but the treads are kinda low now, I heard (not sure how accurate though) that they're good tyres but don't have a very long life span...

Mate what about Pirelli? I checked on this tyre called the Pirelli P6000 about a year back n it was about 11thou a tyre, but apparently the grip is supposed to be pretty darn good... :unsure:

i used pirelli p6000 for a few years. good tyre, lasted a long time and good grip in dry weather. only thing it became slightly noisy over time.

I bought a set of Dunlop tires from the agent about a month ago. Very comfy and has a good grip. price was cheap with the "discount" , the previous tires were not completely worn out but i opted to change them all as they were of 3 brands front 2 where Nankang, rear CT-Radial and some other god forsaken Chinese tire which i can't remember the name of.

the CT-Radial side walls have gone so soft that the tire was looking one size wider than they are suppose to be under normal 28/29 Psi pressure, when i bought the car i thought the previous owner has fixed a wider tire mistakenly but the size indicated on the CT-Radial was the same as the other 3. if you consider safety, CT-Radial will be something to stay a way from in my opinion.

Guys, any opinions on the Bridgestone Turanza AR10? On the hunt for tyres for the Passat and these seem like a good bet. Reviews online are decent but i'd like to have a real world opinion as well.

Have had a set of ER592s and they were brilliant. AR10 is successor to the ER592.So it should be even better.Great choice BTW.

Try to grab a set of Potenza Adrenalins if they supply them in the specs you need. You wouldn't believe how much grip they have :)

Edited by GearHead
  • Like 1

One of my friends has Turanza's on his car (Honda Civic 06 model), bought them a couple of years ago, lasted for about 30,000 km's so far, but the treads are kinda low now, I heard (not sure how accurate though) that they're good tyres but don't have a very long life span...

Mate what about Pirelli? I checked on this tyre called the Pirelli P6000 about a year back n it was about 11thou a tyre, but apparently the grip is supposed to be pretty darn good... :unsure:

Same experience with the Turanza. I think Turanza ER60 was the one that came factory fitted with the civic. I was never satisfied with it's grip, specially during breaking on dry surfaces, and had to replace after about 25k due to wear.

Switched to Dunlop LM703 and after about 5000 kms, quite happy so far about performance, wear and looks.

However, AR10, (from Thailand I believe) may be different. As there's a specific request, It's better if someone who actually use that can add to this.

• Like 1

Bought a set of Thai made Turanza ER60 (195/65 R15) some years back and ran for almost 50,000 km on my Nissan Wingroad.

Did quite a lot of long distance hard driving and the tyres never once lost grip.

Kept them inflated at 30 psi and Used to check tyre pressure at least once in 2 weeks.

Experience was so good that I have stuck with Bridgestone for the daily runners ever since.

• Like 1

i hear that you can get used Japanese Yokohama tires...will they be good?

Machang, if it's a family car don't think about the 5 - 8 thousand quid you might save, buy a set of new tires. If I were you I would not gamble with safety. Specially this rainy season. Just my two cents.

i hear that you can get used Japanese Yokohama tires...will they be good?

DO NOT buy used tires. Especially since you do not know how old they are and how they have been transported or stored.

You may get into serious trouble if one of these tires fails at high speed.

Machang, if it's a family car don't think about the 5 - 8 thousand quid you might save, buy a set of new tires. If I were you I would not gamble with safety. Specially this rainy season. Just my two cents.

DO NOT buy used tires. Especially since you do not know how old they are and how they have been transported or stored.

You may get into serious trouble if one of these tires fails at high speed.

is it possible to find new japanese tires?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It all depends on what you primary requirement is...

If its perfromance car and girp is paramount then stick to the softer compound premium tires from mainstream manufacturers.

But as Chooti Putha rightly mentioned, one shouldn't expect to use the tires for particularly long...

That being said, if its a basic run about and you don't push the car or track it, then a basic tire with a 300+ tread wear rating and a comparitively harder compound will give you many km's of trouble free motoring..

Having switched a number of tires, the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 i found to be a nice tacky tire.

I've got mixed views of the Bridgstone Potenza GIII but am growing rather fond of the newer Potenza Adrenialines, despite it being one 'A' short on the traction rating.

Toyo's, Yoko's & Falkens are good but the softer compounds and higher purchase costs make them slightly 'iffy' value for money.

If its a basic SUV tire, then the Amercian 'Cooper's & Taiwanese 'Maaxxis' are good option wiht excellent treadwear ratings (personally having gotten over 50k on the latter!)