• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ban Hybrid Owners From Autolanka?

madmax

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Hybrid Owners from the Forum?

• Hell Yeah!
    • No

Toyota has said it will have a hybrid version of every one of its models by 2020 ( http://wot.motortrend.com/toyota-to-offer-hybrid-version-of-every-model-by-2020-report-says-9484.html ). One day hybrid technology in a vehicle will be as normal and ordinary as power steering or automatic transmissions. It's the future...like it or not.

Already, regular hybrids are becoming seen as ordinary in major markets, and plug-in hybrids are the exciting next development. Combine a plug-in hybrid with a solar powered recharging station and you have a killer combination.

look mate, you sounds like you know nothing other than hybrids. As they say, too much of anything is good for nothing, so hearing, seeing too much of hybrids makes me agitate them, not that I hate them for what they are.

Hybrids will only be a temporary solution until it's being replaced by efficient EV s or hydrogen fuel cell vehicles which only emits H2O which is far superior to hybrids in terms of being eco friendly.

• Like 3

p.s :- forgot the bio diesel part. though i've heard these projects, those are far from reality in this land. you don't have to grow it as long as used vege oil and coconut oil is there.. in U.S it's very popular (nevertheless it's cheap) to convert vehicles to bio diesel and use as oil burners.

Actually harshan i don't know if bio-diesel is being used here but we did manage to make Bio-diesel out of waste vegetable oil for a school project, its not that complicated either.

I think we can maybe use this sort of things to power tractors and stuff, would be dead cheap as well.

In case you are wondering if it blew up it didn't :D

Didn't have a diesel engine and didn't want to risk it either so we powered a diesel generator from the oil and it worked quite well

n836462901_898896_8368.jpg

n836462901_898895_8008.jpg

n836462901_898894_7648.jpg

The centrifuge used

n836462901_898897_8737.jpg

The gene

n836462901_898898_9104.jpg

Actually harshan i don't know if bio-diesel is being used here but we did manage to make Bio-diesel out of waste vegetable oil for a school project, its not that complicated either.

I think we can maybe use this sort of things to power tractors and stuff, would be dead cheap as well.

In case you are wondering if it blew up it didn't :D

Didn't have a diesel engine and didn't want to risk it either so we powered a diesel generator from the oil and it worked quite well

n836462901_898896_8368.jpg

n836462901_898895_8008.jpg

n836462901_898894_7648.jpg

The centrifuge used

n836462901_898897_8737.jpg

The gene

n836462901_898898_9104.jpg

OT --- Some say... he was a real NERD in school :P (Jk mate :) )

• Like 1

In case you are wondering if it blew up it didn't

Ah, so that's why you always wear that helmut. :)

see we can't even have a nice debate about banning hybrid owners without this retard comming in an advertising hybrids.......

YOU are the reason people on this forum hate hybrids.

+1 so true, i'm hating hybrids more because of those retarded threads.

Edited by zerocool

see we can't even have a nice debate about banning hybrid owners without this retard comming in an advertising hybrids.......

YOU are the reason people on this forum hate hybrids.

Thank you for giving me so much power.

And if you hate hybrids so much why do you keep reading the hybrid threads and posting in them?

• Like 1

Thank you for giving me so much power.

And if you hate hybrids so much why do you keep reading the hybrid threads and posting in them?

Cheap thrills... :) Cheap entertainment... look at you... you are loads of fun with.

• Like 2

OT --- Some say... he was a real NERD in school :P (Jk mate :) )

Guilty :P

Ahhh I recognize that background wall...:sigh:... brings back memories. :[

:(

Missing it already

Ah, so that's why you always wear that helmut. :)

:love-smiley-013: This is why i always wear a helmet ;)

i think this is a normal situation, when a new model a new technology comes every one loves to talk about it, and when it normalize the topic will be remains as the old ones.

but we have great time in past with lot of discussion without HYBRIDS..........

This is getting outta control. Nine out of 10 new discussion on the forum are about Hybrids! Hybrid alloy wheels, hybrid fuel consumption, hybrid tax code.... gimme a break....

Hi im an ardent fan of AL, although I admitadly am not very active on the forums.

I must say though I very much appreciate and enjoy most of the topics brought up by the members.

At one point I too, got damn sick of hybrids and the whole eco hype, I thought it watered down completely everything we loved about hi powered, responsive and all round exhilarating motoring.

but then having been around in the, CRZ, Civic, Rx450 and my personal fav the Crown Hybrid, ive learnt to look at them as another fuel variation such as diesel, and they aint that bad, although I must say the shape of the Insight and Prius just drive me up the wall, so stereotypical and textbook goody two shoes I hate it.

Although I still admit the roar of a V8 still makes my heart melt, I hate the silence of these damn things.

Hi im an ardent fan of AL, although I admitadly am not very active on the forums.

I must say though I very much appreciate and enjoy most of the topics brought up by the members.

At one point I too, got damn sick of hybrids and the whole eco hype, I thought it watered down completely everything we loved about hi powered, responsive and all round exhilarating motoring.

but then having been around in the, CRZ, Civic, Rx450 and my personal fav the Crown Hybrid, ive learnt to look at them as another fuel variation such as diesel, and they aint that bad, although I must say the shape of the Insight and Prius just drive me up the wall, so stereotypical and textbook goody two shoes I hate it.

Although I still admit the roar of a V8 still makes my heart melt, I hate the silence of these damn things.

This is why I'm advocating fitting fart canons. No one takes me seriously :lol:

• Like 1

well.. its different people's choose to buy hybrids or not..

i've encounter some prius's that have done above 60+

it all depends on the person whose driving.. and his driving style..

personally i wouldn't buy a hybrid right now..

but i love the concept and appreciate the new technology..

a car is a car.. its all with the driver to what to do..

Hybrid Is just a new technology, like the EFI in the past. At that time we didn't had forums like these. If we had, there could be a thread like "Ban EFI Owners From Autolanka".

I think in the near future you can't buy a gasoline Toyota. Lexus is almost there.

Do we have to shut up and wait till that day....?

Yes please...That would be great,Thank you!

I think this is not the only tread that going on autolanka.com. yo have the freedom to contribute to any thread or not. for better or worse we have to face the truth.

This will change a lot when the agents start to import hybrid.

Hybrid Is just a new technology, like the EFI in the past. At that time we didn't had forums like these. If we had, there could be a thread like "Ban EFI Owners From Autolanka".

I think in the near future you can't buy a gasoline Toyota. Lexus is almost there.

Do we have to shut up and wait till that day....?

Hybrid is just an interim tech until EVs and Fuel Cells and stuff take over. Mostly coz it means the infrastructure can be upgraded slower than a full "big bang" approach to switching. You DO realise that hybrids use gasoline?

my question.. Ever head about the honda fcx clarity??

why cant people make those.. those cars are lot more powerful than silly Hybrids

if you really want to save the planet (tree huggers).. why not buy one of those..

and it actually even looks better

yea true.. there arnt any fuel stations in SL yet.. but it can be build :P

fcx-clarity.jpg

honda-fcx-clarity-2.jpg

It's not available to public yet.. only selected one can get it around california USA

why cant people make those.. those cars are lot more powerful than silly Hybrids

if you really want to save the planet (tree huggers).. why not buy one of those..

fcx-clarity.jpg

honda-fcx-clarity-2.jpg

I don't see fuel cells happening in SL unless there is some kind of huge breakthrough in technology and cost reduction.

The fuel cell cars themselves such as the FCX are incredibly expensive (which is partly why they are leased and not sold), the infrastructure is expensive, and the hydrogen fuel itself is much more expensive than petrol.

California which is at the forefront of green technology has tried for years to promote fuel cell vehicles and build a hydrogen infrastructure. Even though they've put hundreds of millions of dollars into it, they've had very limited success because it hasn't been cost feasible.

, post #62

I don't see fuel cells happening in SL unless there is some kind of huge breakthrough in technology and cost reduction.

The fuel cell cars themselves such as the FCX are incredibly expensive (which is why they are leased and not sold), the infrastructure is expensive, and the hydrogen fuel itself is much more expensive than petrol.

California which is at the forefront of green technology has tried for years to promote fuel cell vehicles and build a hydrogen infrastructure. Even though they've put hundreds of millions of dollars into it, they've had very limited success because it hasn't been cost feasible.

, post #62

If anyone here bought a hybrid with the one and only intention of preserving mother nature - I salute you! But I doubt that's the case....

my family did! way back before tax cuts were even heard of. as per stafford's records, the first civic hybrid to come to them for a service. ah well... come tax cuts there were many many more people who were way more concerned about the environment that we were. sri lankans are funny creatures

• Like 1