• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Permit Car Price List

Crosswind

Yeh, Watch, bit challenging, I guess. But there's a feel adrift in some circles that the permit concept might have reached its use-by-date. Particularly in this fiscal climate. You don't have to agree. And I don't particularly want to get into a debate about it because, for me as an individual, permits and their taxation shifts don't have an impact at the moment. But keep an eye on that policy area. Changing times, mate.

Hey let me bring something new to this, My mother wanted to buy a car for the permit so I looked at it long and hard. So I m living in USA and this forum helped me a lot so thanks guys for amazing updates. But since I found some more new info I thought of writing some here. BMW no longer offeres the 318d, but they now offer BMW 520d and X3 which is also 20d. So both of them are around 9.6 mil including agent charges. And they do offer X1 and its around 6.4 mil. Landrover also do not offer freelander 2 anymore but you can personally import a landrover freelander 2 which loaded with options. (I discussed with one guy he said he can get me a Landrover Freelander 2 GS with SD4 engine. which comes with terrain response, Hill dicent control, Alpine sound system, Electric seats and many more. And He can get that for me for around 7.2 mil.)

i think you have made a mistake

BMW 520 & X3 are offered for the 30,000 usd permit..........

7.4 mil seems like a really good deal, but I think the typical srilankan buyers have some sort of issues with freelanders because I knew a guy who was struggling to sell his a while back. He had to sell his for a lot less than a similiar toyota/nissan too..

i think you are referring to the freelander 1

i believe the story is not so bad for the freelander 2

anyway once the price of a vehicle exceeds certain amount, the number people who can afford will be less

Ya it is for

i think you have made a mistake

BMW 520 & X3 are offered for the 30,000 usd permit..........

Ya it is for $ 30000 permit but its only $25000 60% tax and next $ 5000 is subject to tax fully. And I think all new permits can get this. Its in the circuler.

Ya it is for

Ya it is for $ 30000 permit but its only $25000 60% tax and next $ 5000 is subject to tax fully. And I think all new permits can get this. Its in the circuler.

you re talking about the provincial councilors permit i suppose, which is 35K USD

but there is another permit given for very very high rankers in the government service, which is also 30000usd

there is only 5% import duty NBT,PAL and VAT, so the complete duty is something like 1.5 million as if I can remember.

people sell that kind of permits for very high prices as you can import prado, montero (uesd) with that..........................

Edited by priyanka

you re talking about the provincial councilors permit i suppose, which is 35K USD

but there is another permit given for very very high rankers in the government service, which is also 30000usd

there is only 5% import duty NBT,PAL and VAT, so the complete duty is something like 1.5 million as if I can remember.

people sell that kind of permits for very high prices as you can import prado, montero (uesd) with that..........................

No I do not talk about any special permit, Ask from prestige motors, Any govt officers current permit is the $ 25000 USD with duty concession (which comes up to 275 * 60%= 165% payble duty) and then on top of that you can go up to $ 5000 USD with full tax. So totaling up to $ 30,000 USD permit value. We ordered a BMW 520 d for the permit. (It s a doc permit). Price of the car is 9.7 mil. LC is 3.9 mil and Rs 500,000 agent fee. Then after vehicles arrival in october we pay the rest (9.7 mil- 4.4 mil = 5.3 mil). Since this car is a 1997 cc duty is (275 % * 55% = 151.5 %). This is by far the best offer for the permit. If you want a SUV you can buy the X3 which is the same price. And the best thing is you can drive a beemer and you dont have to pay any semi luxury tax or luxury tax. (because engine CC is below the tax limit).

And to be frankly I dont know how they give 520d for $30,000. But it has all the std options and BMW 8 speed automatic transmission and leatherette seats. You can go through the options list in here, go through the std list and its more than any other car has to offer.

http://www.prestigegroup.lk/5_series/sedan/catalogue.pdf

• 2 years later...
Sorry this is late but can someone tell me if the last d prices is with or without the permit cost? I know it's 2012 and I want to know how much the Audi A4 all inclusive was on the permit in 2012

This list is old and is no longer updated. It will never be updated either. It is merely kept as a record for an earlier conversation.

Stop being lazy and call the agent to find out. If you don't know who the audi agent is, its Senok.

Sorry this is late but can someone tell me if the last d prices is with or without the permit cost? I know it's 2012 and I want to know how much the Audi A4 all inclusive was on the permit in 2012

Why would you want to know the price it WAS in 2012?

Why dont you call the agent and ask them the current price?

Why would you want to know the price it WAS in 2012?

Why dont you call the agent and ask them the current price?

I think the guy is trying to figure out depreciation from original price to current market value. I noticed quite a few of these imports are now coming into the market for resale at varying prices.

Surprisingly Audi is being offered for sale higher than BMW (which actually is the case in the UK as well, but didn't expect it in the SL market). I'll share what I do know. The 2012 320D cost in the mid 7 million mark on a permit when they were imported in. Not sure if any Audi diesels were bought in for permits....

I think the guy is trying to figure out depreciation from original price to current market value. I noticed quite a few of these imports are now coming into the market for resale at varying prices.

Surprisingly Audi is being offered for sale higher than BMW (which actually is the case in the UK as well, but didn't expect it in the SL market). I'll share what I do know. The 2012 320D cost in the mid 7 million mark on a permit when they were imported in. Not sure if any Audi diesels were bought in for permits....

At the time I got the focus (2011 sep), 320d was offered for 5.4 mill for the permit. Audis were not offered at that time.

The thread is out of date Mazda Axela. If you can contact the dealers and compile a list of vehicles available in that price bracket, we could have a discussion about it, but as you can understand, we don't work for motor dealers, so we depend on eachother to source the information.

Crosswind kindly published what he got when he was looking for a car to buy, and he did it the hard way by calling every dealer and getting them to send him the price lists. Maybe you can help everybody out by doing the same?

The thread is out of date Mazda Axela. If you can contact the dealers and compile a list of vehicles available in that price bracket, we could have a discussion about it, but as you can understand, we don't work for motor dealers, so we depend on eachother to source the information.

Crosswind kindly published what he got when he was looking for a car to buy, and he did it the hard way by calling every dealer and getting them to send him the price lists. Maybe you can help everybody out by doing the same?

So patient, and kindly worded.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I could find over last few days. Hope useful for those interested.

Toyota Lanka (Pvt) Ltd

2014 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO TX 3L Diesel ($35,000 Permit) Rs. 12,300,000 approx

2014 Toyota 86 AT 2L Rs. 6,053,900 approx.

2014 Toyota 86 MT 2L Rs. 5,885,600 approx.

2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan GLI 1.6L Rs. 4,873,800 approx.

2014 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN - AUTO 1.3L Rs. 3,784,800 approx.

2013 Toyota Fortuner 3L Diesel Rs. 7,100,000 approx.

TOYOTA AVANZA 1.5L– 7 SEATER Manual Rs. 2,953,149 approx.

TOYOTA AVANZA 1.5L– 7 SEATER Auto Rs. 3,120,630 approx.

TOYOTA AVANZA 1.3L– 7 SEATER Manual Rs. 2,678,800 approx.

TOYOTA AVANZA 1.3L– 7 SEATER Auto Rs. 2,866,979 approx.

Unit#d Mot#rs Lanka PLC

2014 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4 GLX (CVT) Rs. 6,490,000 approx.

Regency Automobiles (Pvt) Ltd

Jaguar XF– 2013 MY 2.2D Rs. 9,700,000 approx.

Jaguar XF– 2013 MY 2.0LT Petrol Rs. 9,500,000 approx.

I'm not representing any of the above companies and this is only meant for information. Please note that above models and their prices can change at anytime depending on various reasons and that I or the autolanka site will not be responsible for such changes.

Edited by abcjayasinghe
  • Like 1