• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Okay to keep the ball rolling here's a timely news clip. Won't comment on the news item itself, but on this clip there are 7 vehicles that I spotted: 

1. MP Wanniarachchi's  vehicle

2. MP Gamanpilla's vehicle

3. MP Ranatunga's vehicle

4. Lorry that comes up behind MP Wanniarachchi's vehicle and comes to a screeching halt

5. Small purple lorry that drives by MP Gamanpilla as he is preparing to throw the clay pot into the river

6. Bus parked on the other side of the bridge MP Gamanpilla is walking on.

7. Grey van that drives by MP Ranatunga as he gets into his car.

Identify 6/7 for a win. And 7/7 to show us who's the boss :D 

I'm away for a while and you guys have all the fun over here :D 

ok so #7 : Hi-Ace LH50+ - the 'Shell' model - distinctive Shell model color too.

#6 : Tricky cos it could be either Tata or Leyland from CTB - looking at the windows I'm gonna take a guess and say Tata even though there are much less Tata's as opposed to Leyland (even in CTB) in the western province 

4 hours ago, matroska said:

I'm away for a while and you guys have all the fun over here :D 

ok so #7 : Hi-Ace LH50+ - the 'Shell' model - distinctive Shell model color too.

#6 : Tricky cos it could be either Tata or Leyland from CTB - looking at the windows I'm gonna take a guess and say Tata even though there are much less Tata's as opposed to Leyland (even in CTB) in the western province 

Shape. So we have 2/7 there then. At least 4 more to go (will modify the quiz to make it easier, whoever has most answers by the time we hit 6/7 takes it...)

2. MP Gamanpilla's vehicle

4. Lorry that comes up behind MP Wanniarachchi's vehicle and comes to a screeching halt

5. Small purple lorry that drives by MP Gamanpilla as he is preparing to throw the clay pot into the river

6. Bus parked on the other side of the bridge MP Gamanpilla is walking on-Tata or Leyland from CTB (courtesy Matroska) / Tata LP 1515

7. Grey van that drives by MP Ranatunga as he gets into his car-  Hi-Ace LH50+ - the 'Shell' model (courtesy Matroska)

Edited by Kavvz

37 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Shape. So we have 2/7 there then. At least 4 more to go (will modify the quiz to make it easier, whoever has most answers by the time we hit 6/7 takes it...)

2. MP Gamanpilla's vehicle :BMW X5

4. Lorry that comes up behind MP Wanniarachchi's vehicle and comes to a screeching halt : Isuzu Elf NKR Early 2000's 

5. Small purple lorry that drives by MP Gamanpilla as he is preparing to throw the clay pot into the river : Tata Ace (Aka Batta)

6. Bus parked on the other side of the bridge MP Gamanpilla is walking on-Tata or Leyland from CTB (courtesy Matroska) / Tata LP 1515

7. Grey van that drives by MP Ranatunga as he gets into his car-  Hi-Ace LH50+ - the 'Shell' model (courtesy Matroska)

Ok was a bit busy in the morning so now I've added a few more easy pickings.

7 hours ago, matroska said:

Ok was a bit busy in the morning so now I've added a few more easy pickings.

(will modify the quiz to make it easier, whoever has most answers by the time we hit 6/7 takes it...)

1. MP Wanniarachchi's  vehicle: Toyota LC- (Kavvz)

2. MP Gamanpilla's vehicle :BMW X5 (Matroska)

4. Lorry that comes up behind MP Wanniarachchi's vehicle and comes to a screeching halt : Isuzu Elf NKR Early 2000's -(Matroska)

5. Small purple lorry that drives by MP Gamanpilla as he is preparing to throw the clay pot into the river : Tata Ace (Aka Batta) (Matroska)

So unlike the US elections we have a definitive result! :D...I added the last one so we can move on: Clearly @matroska wins:  All yours buddy! 

Edited by Kavvz

22 hours ago, Kavvz said:

(will modify the quiz to make it easier, whoever has most answers by the time we hit 6/7 takes it...)

4. Lorry that comes up behind MP Wanniarachchi's vehicle and comes to a screeching halt : Isuzu Elf NKR Early 2000's -(Matroska)

5. Small purple lorry that drives by MP Gamanpilla as he is preparing to throw the clay pot into the river : Tata Ace (Aka Batta) (Matroska)

So unlike the US elections we have a definitive result! :D...I added the last one so we can move on: Clearly @matroska wins:  All yours buddy! 

but what about MP Ranatunges car? ?

2 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Just Googled and the interior of a 2011/12 Nissan Leaf is a fit for the interior center console stack

Other give away signs...the shape of the upper door upholstery and the door panel...the air vents on the dash....the little long cave like cluster over a single dial-like meter cluster....the mile long (deep) dash :D 

1 minute ago, iRage said:

Other give away signs...the shape of the upper door upholstery and the door panel...the air vents on the dash....the little long cave like cluster over a single dial-like meter cluster....the mile long (deep) dash :D 

Way to go there Mr. Eagle Eyes! ?

On 11/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, Kavvz said:

reposted again for sake of completeness (seemed weird to leave it incomplete)- Sorry!

3. MP Ranatunga's vehicle: Nissan Leaf (iRage)

6. Bus parked on the other side of the bridge MP Gamanpilla is walking on-Tata or Leyland from CTB (Matroska) / Tata LP 1515

7. Grey van that drives by MP Ranatunga as he gets into his car-  Hi-Ace LH50+ - the 'Shell' model (Matroska)

So unlike the US elections we have a definitive result! :D...Clearly @matroska wins:  All yours buddy! 

(Edited the missing answer in based on feedback received by iRage as above)

Edited by Kavvz

12 hours ago, iRage said:

The vent definitely was Nissan but then I started thinking of every Nissan model  but the Leaf never crossed my mind :D good stuff iRage

Ok here's the next one 

image.png.e01dc36a4eadc648ef9db7c631bd65a8.png

37 minutes ago, matroska said:

The vent definitely was Nissan but then I started thinking of every Nissan model  but the Leaf never crossed my mind :D good stuff iRage

Ok here's the next one 

image.png.e01dc36a4eadc648ef9db7c631bd65a8.png

Commer van....cannot remember the model name.

Commer FC !

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Commer van....cannot remember the model name.

Commer FC !

yep ...Commer FC AKA Dodge Space Van - the trivia pic was sourced off an ad in the UK the pic below was a van for rent in a local classified. Over to you iRage. 

image.png.2932e608ed3455c3ab03ad685ed8bbcb.png

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

I'd like to, try this guys. I saw it in the morning.

Trivia1.jpg

That is a Toyota Sai (as opposed to the first version that was posted a few days ago). It is the same car but this is a 1st gen Sai ver 2.

To be fair..the Rush has a similar layout...but the gap between the fog and the headlight is different (i.e. there is more bumper between the two)...so is the layout of the lights in headlight cluster. Also...that silver looking part around the circular driving light is a LED DRL...the RUsh for the most part just has a Silver garnish.

Edited by iRage

4 hours ago, iRage said:

That is a Toyota Sai (as opposed to the first version that was posted a few days ago). It is the same car but this is a 1st gen Sai ver 2.

To be fair..the Rush has a similar layout...but the gap between the fog and the headlight is different (i.e. there is more bumper between the two)...so is the layout of the lights in headlight cluster. Also...that silver looking part around the circular driving light is a LED DRL...the RUsh for the most part just has a Silver garnish.

Toyota Sai it is, 2014/15 model I think it ran a CAM registration number.