• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ideal Tubeless Tyre Pressure

GKWKK

Listen you illiterate, this article just says what we've been saying all along, if you keep air in the tires over the "long-term", then yes, you are losing pressure. But if like most people you check your air regularly, then you won't find significant loss. I check my air weekly and I rarely find air loss more than 1-2 psi, often there is no loss at all. If you are losing 5 psi per week, then you have a hole in your tires. If you want to pay to put nitrogen, please do, as they say "a fool and his money are easily parted".

1-2 psi no loss at all???? sure when ur in grade 3 you cant find the different between 1 and 2 :lol:

You can achieve the same by checking your tyre pressure every week for FREE, without causing structural damage to tires,when you go to pump petrol to the car.

the key-word here is small. How small? maybe waaaay smaller than what you can save by following good driving habits.

Oh god! I didn't know all us air-pumpers are suffering from corroded wheels!!!

Ok so isnt this a point in favour of AIR?

You can achieve the same by checking your tyre pressure every week for FREE, without causing structural damage to tires,when you go to pump petrol to the car.

So what's the point which is seriously in favour of Nitrogen here???

how long this process......... oh :action-smiley-060:

Also I heard that pumping N2 from Saudi Arabia is better because that air inherently consists of fewer water molecules than Sri Lankan N2 which can hv a bit of a moisture contamination due to our high humidity (even when using the same N2 pumping machine). So I would be extremely grateful if Jami or anyone else can give me a pointer to a place which serves mid-eastern N2, so that I can leave my tyres unattended for 3 years instead of 2!

Cheers :angry-smiley-048:

so ask from a arab guy he will pump u easily without any cost :D

I think it's time for us all to ignore this thread now. It has gone from an average to incredibly retarded. The only stable thing here is jami. He has been pretty consistent in his retarded posts.

ok ok it is over nw. :rolleyes:

Something's missing here.

Talking about tyre pressure should be 28,29 ,30,35...so on but no one's talking about their tyre size?

Air preasure differs with the tyre size right?

it's more to do with the weight of the car; but heavier cars tend to have bigger tyres :)

I'm not sure how to calculate the ideal pressure if you change the tyre size though (On a SUV car that came with different rim size options there were different pressure figures listed for 16", 17", 18" and 19" rims; can't remember if they increased or decreased with rim size)

You are right, but you also need to take into account the road conditions in Sri Lanka are not what the manufacturer had in mind when recommending a tyre pressure. My recommended pressure is 35psi as well, but I find it bumpy and this affect the suspension over time, so I lowered to 28. As a result the ride is far more comfortable and less wear and tear.

if manufacturers can recommend different oil viscosities for different climates, fit the car with different radio frequency ranges for different spectrums, would it be hard for them to give different recommendations based on road conditions? the fact that they don't do it implies that the road condition doesn't matter for the ideal recommendation (and other countries have crap roads too).

they do (at least on some cars) recommend different pressures based on the car load, so it means they expect you to pump more if you will carry a heavy load... they could as well suggest a lower pressure when driving on shitty roads, but they don't!

of course it will be uncomfortable with potholes and speedbumps, but you could try slowing down rather than under-inflating tyres... your choice

manufacturers have to consider many factors when recommending optimum pressure, not just comfort: tyre wear, fuel economy, cornering & braking response, and last but not least, the chance of a blowout due to overheating. that risk is compounded by the fact that most people are not aware of speed ratings on tyres.

many people do underinflate tyres, either knowingly (like you), or unknowingly (because tyre kade man recommends it and they think that's the ideal pressure); but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

• Like 1