• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fd1 Or Lancer Ex

Bumble

Question

Im planning to buy a second hand car and struggling with what to buy. Since I have used a corolla 121 earlier, I know nothing about Honda FD1 and Lancer EX . If anyone knows good and bad stuff about these models OR can suggest a good car/suv model, would please write. Thanx very much!!!

dude.. wat is wrong wit u man.. ok fine call your Lancer a mover.. a fast car.. or a even a p***y wagon... but sex on wheels ? oh common man.. are you for real ?

yeah a real driver knows his shit,are u living in a imaginary world where u think a honda can whoop everything,dude have some weed tonight and think of it

• Like 1

yeah a real driver knows his shit,are u living in a imaginary world where u think a honda can whoop everything,dude have some weed tonight and think of it

you are calling him living in a imaginary world funny thing is you are living in one too and you say he think that honda can whoop everything funny enough you think the same thing about lancer. :rolleyes:

Edited by nexus

Also how about the new City with I-VTEC. Its powerful and economical and also comes with Paddle shift :)

New Civics and Citys that come to Sri Lanka (Brand New), are Made in India with Indian build quality. Don't touch them even with a barge pole.

Edited by Crosswind

New Civics and Citys that come to Sri Lanka (Brand New), are Made in India with Indian build quality. Don't touch them even with a barge pole.

You are wrong buddy. City is comming from India but not Civic.

Edited by jaga

I think you are confusing two different lancers. The OP is referring to the ninth gen and i think, judging by the cons list, you are talking of the eighth gen model discontinued in 2007. I disagree with you that the Lancer Ex is underpowered, although it is by no means a 'mover' it would be wrong to call it underpowered, particularly in the Sri Lankan context. The eighth gen model had the throttle body issue to which you refer, but i wasn't aware it had these other issues, I certainly didn't with my CS1, but more to the point, I think it would be a mistake to assume that as the eighth gen model had these issues, the ninth is also liable for the same ones. Plus the 2.0GT is like sex on wheels, worth whatever it costs IMHO.

Nope, I had a CS1 1.3 2002 which was extreamly reliable,only, front struts were replaced for 100k

Repaced the EX 1.5 auto, just on the looks, yes i agree with da speed it is not slow i've done 160 without any issues, you dont get mind blowing acceleration and gear box is not very responsive for kick downs.

Apart from da throttle body issue others are my personal experiances in first 3 years (25,000km),they are common issues with this model.