• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Tops Local Car Market

azhar

When talking about driving a Maruti,steering the vehicle is almost similar to a work out.

Really? The 800 and Alto have pretty light steering. You should try driving a non power steering Tata truck. Now that's a workout.

• Like 1

and the ugliest

'Schrieffer',

First of all thanks for your comment on the Indian Mini van out look.

Opinion differs may be your angle of looking at that van ugly for you what about first Micro car there are some leading car manufactures in the world designed cars are not looking good if you read foreign automobile forums there are lot of opinions on motor vehicles of their out look.

As I own a three wheeler also This Mini van is better than Bajaj three wheeler on a rainy day like today I can do my traveling without getting any harm from the Rain. My main necessity is to get from one point to another point with the least amount of cost.

It is good for me a bullock cart to travel even Municipality do not allow to use bullock carts on Colombo roads my ancestors in 1900 early part had traveled in bullock carts.

Best wishes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Schrieffer',

Opinion differs may be your angle of looking at that van ugly for you what about first Micro car there are some leading car manufactures in the world designed cars are not looking good if you read foreign automobile forums there are lot of opinions on motor vehicles of their out look.

As I own a three wheeler also This Mini van is better than Bajaj three wheeler on a rainy day like today I can do my traveling without getting any harm from the Rain. My main necessity is to get from one point to another point with the least amount of cost.

It is good for me a bullock cart to travel even Municipality do not allow to use bullock carts on Colombo roads my ancestors in 1900 early part had traveled in bullock carts.

Best wishes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi

Other than these chinese and indian vehicles...do you use jap or a euro also?

getting from A-B with the least cost can be done with public transport. And many people who buy personal vehicles have slightly more higher expectations than you. That's when creature comforts, safety, reliability over time etc comes into play.

Personally, i hate the downtime, the strees and hassle one has to go through to repair vehilces even if spares are cheap. My time is more important to me. So i would like a vehicle that is quite reliable. But that's just me.

Shamishka,

"Maruti" as i have used, and as most of sri lankan use is to address the 800.

Other models are called by their own model name isn't it?

Alto, Wagon R and what not. Even in your own post you refer to you car as a wagon r and not as a maruti wagon r

So i don't see why i should correct myself.

'Schrieffer',

Best wishes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Sylvi'

your most welcome

IMHO, When you look at the first Micro car, i believe your talking about the privilege like stuff, you get the impression that

the Designer took a cross eyed camel as inspiration to design it, where as they have used a plain cardboard box, (most probably the same box the Van comes with) as inspiration for the Omni

so i wouldn't compare those two vehicle's looks from any angle.

everyone knows that the Omni is a Point A to Point B box on wheels but i would rather prefer the Chinese Channa van for a Omni.

atleast people might think that the person has some life :)

and a person who thinks a bullock cart is sufficent, im not surprised you settled with a Maruti. but not everyone who asks help here are willing to travel on Bullock carts even for there Point A to Point B journeys.

Best Wishes

'Schiffer'

'Sylvi'

your most welcome

IMHO, When you look at the first Micro car, i believe your talking about the privilege like stuff, you get the impression that

the Designer took a cross eyed camel as inspiration to design it, where as they have used a plain cardboard box, (most probably the same box the Van comes with) as inspiration for the Omni

so i wouldn't compare those two vehicle's looks from any angle.

everyone knows that the Omni is a Point A to Point B box on wheels but i would rather prefer the Chinese Channa van for a Omni.

atleast people might think that the person has some life :)

and a person who thinks a bullock cart is sufficent, im not surprised you settled with a Maruti. but not everyone who asks help here are willing to travel on Bullock carts even for there Point A to Point B journeys.

Best Wishes

'Schiffer',

Thank you for your post.

Best wishes.

Sylvi Wijwsinghe.

Dear honourable moderator sir,

certain members in this forum are acting in very unethical manners! They are merely posing useless comments that are not valueable for the automotive community and provides no service to them.

They are simply adding more to their post count since high-post-count members get paid for each post they make. I remember in the past after the time ceylon was names sri lanka, the autolanka forum was in its old format and members posted rubbish to increase post count. These posts were not valuable to the automotive community.

I do not want to go down to their level to retaliate to them, therefore I am referring such posts to you by quoting it.

Best Wishes,

Mr. G.U.A.R.D Watchman

'Schiffer',

Thank you for your post.

Best wishes.

Sylvi Wijwsinghe.

'Sylvi'

Your most Welcome

Best wishes and Long live

Schiffer

Edited by Watchman

I agree. Not that I find this topic particularly useful, but keep the post whoring on the post whoring threads, alright chaps?

Mr.Pericles,

Honorary moderator I post not to increase my posts and I am not interested in getting money.I request you if you can make my posts to Zero number.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Dear honourable moderator sir,

certain members in this forum are acting in very unethical manners! They are merely posing useless comments that are not valueable for the automotive community and provides no service to them.

They are simply adding more to their post count since high-post-count members get paid for each post they make. I remember in the past after the time ceylon was names sri lanka, the autolanka forum was in its old format and members posted rubbish to increase post count. These posts were not valuable to the automotive community.

I do not want to go down to their level to retaliate to them, therefore I am referring such posts to you by quoting it.

Best Wishes,

Mr. G.U.A.R.D Watchman

I agree. Not that I find this topic particularly useful, but keep the post whoring on the post whoring threads, alright chaps?

i respect the points you have pointed out, and here after will be aware not to post any unnecessary posts.