• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maser Quttroporte Landed To Sl

cherryboy

I can totally see you driving a green car one day. Maybe not a Prius as it is, but more likely a Nissan Leaf or the forthcoming Toyota equivalent.

How very Nostradamus of you! After I have made numerous comments on the Leaf already! Thank you for that penetrating insight, Captain Obvious!

Jami, I highly suggest you know what you're talking about before shooting off your mouth. Legal action according to the license agreement? Are you drunk? Most forums in the whole damn world have a disclaimer saying opinions are those of the poster and the forum is not liable for any of the content posted by the poster. Try to actually read the agreements without wasting people's time.

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

you better read first and understand.

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

you better read first and understand.

YOU better read and understand what is meant by the word legal first.

Actually, go take some overall English classes, it will serve you in life.

And it says contact BY EMAIL, not make stupid posts on the forum about legalities. Also is says we will remove posts, not remove users like you demanded.

Not to mention I already DID remove those posts before making my post.

YOU better read and understand what is meant by the word legal first.

Actually, go take some overall English classes, it will serve you in life.

And it says contact BY EMAIL, not make stupid posts on the forum about legalities. Also is says we will remove posts, not remove users like you demanded.

Not to mention I already DID remove those posts before making my post.

ok

I can totally see you driving a green car one day. Maybe not a Prius as it is, but more likely a Nissan Leaf or the forthcoming Toyota equivalent.

you dont get it do you.. some of us will never touch a hybrid untill we are forced to do so.. so until gasonline runs out... only u and the rest of the maybe true tree huggers and cheap skates will be riding around in the leaf, the celery, the Capricorn, the beetroot.. etc..

you dont get it do you.. some of us will never touch a hybrid untill we are forced to do so.. so until gasonline runs out... only u and the rest of the maybe true tree huggers and cheap skates will be riding around in the leaf, the celery, the Capricorn, the beetroot.. etc..

I do get it and I understand your point of view. And it is totally fine with me.

Drive whatever you want to drive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall I have ever said anything negative about conventional cars or the people who drive them.

I said that to Pericles ONLY because he had mentioned the Nissan Leaf several times in his postings to me.

And as you know, the Prius is only a stepping stone to the bigger and better environmentally friendly, treehugger cars....

500x_Fisker_Karma.jpg

I do get it and I understand your point of view. And it is totally fine with me.

Drive whatever you want to drive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall I have ever said anything negative about conventional cars or the people who drive them.

I said that to Pericles ONLY because he had mentioned the Nissan Leaf several times in his postings to me.

And as you know, the Prius is only a stepping stone to the bigger and better environmentally friendly, treehugger cars....

500x_Fisker_Karma.jpg

or i am so convinced by that picture..he he he. and i saw what the nissan leaf was too...

bigger and better hope i die before i see that..

If you were to have read Charitha's post more carefully, you would have noticed that he did not use the word 'Prius' in his post.

He used the word 'hybrid'. The Fisker Karma is a hybrid.

So?

I was just saying that you seem to suffering from inferiority issues.You keep shouting about other faster green cars to make up for you drive a Prius...Specially when it is being known as a car for homosexuals,and the fact that it is very slow.I mean it must be hard coz people label you as a fruit cake even before you step out of the car neda.

So?

I was just saying that you seem to suffering from inferiority issues.You keep shouting about other faster green cars to make up for you drive a Prius...Specially when it is being known as a car for homosexuals,and the fact that it is very slow.I mean it must be hard coz people label you as a fruit cake even before you step out of the car neda.

Jeeezzzzz man. What's wrong with you? Why are you trying to start another battle? Take a chill pill. Breath deeply. Relax. Let go.

500x_Fisker_Karma.jpg

Aren't you the chap who went Toyota is committed to going 100% hybrid in some years?

The Leaf isn't meant to be an all purpose car. I would only consider it as a second or third option vehicle. It just barely has the range for my office commute. Thats ok, I'm not getting one now, its impractical, expensive, and there is no infrastructure for it. But even if I do get some successor to it a few years down the line, it will be a second or third option. Assuming I make enough money to have second or third options, else I could just continue to take a shuttle like I do now. And if I do make enough money, having a no cost commute to work might not be attractive any more.

So its all very theoretical. My interest in the Leaf is more in tune with my interest on what Nissan is doing as a company, rather than some daft idea that I'm saving the world. I've been involved in environmental initiatives since I was a kid, this saving the world by driving hybrids or EVs jazz doesn't impress me. Once power generation is thru Solar or Wind, maybe, but that depends on damage caused by mining the materials needed for Solar or wind generators. Its not made from recycled plastic.

• Like 2

Aren't you the chap who went Toyota is committed to going 100% hybrid in some years?

The Leaf isn't meant to be an all purpose car. I would only consider it as a second or third option vehicle. It just barely has the range for my office commute. Thats ok, I'm not getting one now, its impractical, expensive, and there is no infrastructure for it. But even if I do get some successor to it a few years down the line, it will be a second or third option. Assuming I make enough money to have second or third options, else I could just continue to take a shuttle like I do now. And if I do make enough money, having a no cost commute to work might not be attractive any more.

So its all very theoretical. My interest in the Leaf is more in tune with my interest on what Nissan is doing as a company, rather than some daft idea that I'm saving the world. I've been involved in environmental initiatives since I was a kid, this saving the world by driving hybrids or EVs jazz doesn't impress me. Once power generation is thru Solar or Wind, maybe, but that depends on damage caused by mining the materials needed for Solar or wind generators. Its not made from recycled plastic.

I agree with you 100%.

And, yes, I reported that Toyota said they would go 100% hybrids by 2020. Toyota has been dragging their feet on building a 100% electric car, I'm sure to preserve their massive investment in hybrids, but the Leaf has pushed them to change their plans.

I like the Leaf because it's zero-emissions and for the technology that went into it. And I agree completely with you that this first generation Leaf would not make a good only car for most people. The battery range is just not enough at present for most people. I was thinking about that today for the umpteenth time. Most people would need an internal combustion engine car also. But the Leaf would work for some people who have work, shopping, family, friends etc within a very short drive.

A few months ago, I went for a short ride in the Leaf and absolutely loved the car. It makes hybrids seem like 18th century technology, which they are.

I wish the govt gave even deeper tax cuts for electric vehicles to encourage people to go electric. Problem with that is supply of the vehicles and the lack of charging infrastructure. I can see a company setting up small solar EV/plug-in hybrid parking/charging stations that one pays for with a credit card around Colombo in the future. I think it will be the plug-in hybrids that will be the intermediate step that will spur that development before EV's start becoming popular.

I agree with you 100%.

And, yes, I reported that Toyota said they would go 100% hybrids by 2020. Toyota has been dragging their feet on building a 100% electric car, I'm sure to preserve their massive investment in hybrids, but the Leaf has pushed them to change their plans.

I like the Leaf because it's zero-emissions and for the technology that went into it. And I agree completely with you that this first generation Leaf would not make a good only car for most people. The battery range is just not enough at present for most people. I was thinking about that today for the umpteenth time. Most people would need an internal combustion engine car also. But the Leaf would work for some people who have work, shopping, family, friends etc within a very short drive.

A few months ago, I went for a short ride in the Leaf and absolutely loved the car. It makes hybrids seem like 18th century technology, which they are.

I wish the govt gave even deeper tax cuts for electric vehicles to encourage people to go electric. Problem with that is supply of the vehicles and the lack of charging infrastructure. I can see a company setting up small solar EV/plug-in hybrid parking/charging stations that one pays for with a credit card around Colombo in the future. I think it will be the plug-in hybrids that will be the intermediate step that will spur that development before EV's start becoming popular.

Again, SL is one of the most expensive places to buy electricity in the world, and the capital costs for a public solar charging station would be prohibitive. It'll have to start with companies offering for their employees, maybe malls offering for customers, or it will have to be a govt drive for govt workers. That last is very, very unlikely.

• Like 1

I don't get it - WTF is wrong with sticking to conventional cars in Sri Lanka? Are they urglier than the Fugly hybrids, are they slower than the hybrids? Do we get electricity cheaper than gasoline? Are we the worst polluters in the history of the world? Are those hybrids cheaper to buy? Maintain?

I can tolerate a slow moving Prius so long as it keeps to the edge of the road, but rubbing green crap on the face of logic is not the done thing IMHO!

• Like 2