• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maser Quttroporte Landed To Sl

cherryboy

Again, SL is one of the most expensive places to buy electricity in the world, and the capital costs for a public solar charging station would be prohibitive. It'll have to start with companies offering for their employees, maybe malls offering for customers, or it will have to be a govt drive for govt workers. That last is very, very unlikely.

Yup, right now solar is still more expensive per kilowatt-hour than most other methods of power generation, but it is coming down rapidly. I read somewhere they are projecting the cost per kilowatt-hour (including capital costs) for solar will be the same or cheaper than coal by 2020.

Ford is offering a solar home charging station for $10,000 to buyers of it's all-electric Focus. It has the capacity to provide energy to the car for 1600kms a month. That can pay for itself.

I don't get it - WTF is wrong with sticking to conventional cars in Sri Lanka? Are they urglier than the Fugly hybrids, are they slower than the hybrids? Do we get electricity cheaper than gasoline? Are we the worst polluters in the history of the world? Are those hybrids cheaper to buy? Maintain?

I can tolerate a slow moving Prius so long as it keeps to the edge of the road, but rubbing green crap on the face of logic is not the done thing IMHO!

The new CAFE standards that are coming into effect this decade in the major markets are forcing automakers to build much more fuel efficient and green cars. It's coming whether we like it or not.

LOL...In that case you'll be forced to look at all the Prii and other other hybrids on the roads.

sorry to dissapoont u fool. but i have been here over a month and have only seen a couple of priass's and not many other hybrids... hooo hooo.. i see a lot of mustangs corvettes and chargers fool..

sorry to dissapoont u fool. but i have been here over a month and have only seen a couple of priass's and not many other hybrids... hooo hooo.. i see a lot of mustangs corvettes and chargers fool..

I was in Toronto just last month. Definitely not as many Priasses and hybrids as in America, but more than in Sri Lanka.

The new CAFE standards that are coming into effect this decade in the major markets are forcing automakers to build much more fuel efficient and green cars. It's coming whether we like it or not.

Still the same - we retain the right to use the least fuel efficient but most fun cars. The only limit should be the money in your wallet (for fuel and cars!)