• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Routine Service…….. Help...

san1985

Couple of month back I bought a 110 and the service I currently due. This I my first car and I don’t have much idea about what things to be looked at When doing a Service. Could u experts help me with this…..

1.Is there any particular type of oil that has to be put in?

2.Do I have to bring oil and the filter to the service station?

3.What are they suppose to do in a full service?

4.Ho much will it approximately cost?

5.I live in Piliyandala area. I there any good place u guys know around that area to get this done?

6.Any other thing that im suppose to know a you think?

Im a novice in this field. Pl help me out guys

Couple of month back I bought a 110 and the service I currently due. This I my first car and I don’t have much idea about what things to be looked at When doing a Service. Could u experts help me with this…..

5.I live in Piliyandala area. I there any good place u guys know around that area to get this done?

Im a novice in this field. Pl help me out guys

I am not an expert.But these info will help you.

1.Go for multigrade oil. I do use Caltex. But there are better choices. Experts will tell you.

2.Better you take them.But beware from duplicates.

3.Filter/s changes,oil changes,body wash,interior cleaning, undercarriage wash and oil spray,routine check of breaks,bushes,boots etc... Actually it depends on the station.

4.Around 1,500/-+cost for filters,oil.

5.Other member from this area will tell you.

6.Little knowledge about motor mechanics and autos.

PS-if you buy it recently from unknown source its better to change timing belt,break pads like stuffs. Congrats for ur buy. If you look after her properly she will be a good reliable partner for your life. even though its an A to B car Toyota is renowned for its reliability.

And if you are a guy who will go to the washing bay and poke, rather than sitting and reading a news paper in waiting area, you and your car will be benefited.

Edited by luckey007

I am not an expert.But these info will help you.

1.Go for multigrade oil. I do use Caltex. But there are better choices. Experts will tell you.

2.Better you take them.But beware from duplicates.

3.Filter/s changes,oil changes,body wash,interior cleaning, undercarriage wash and oil spray,routine check of breaks,bushes,boots etc... Actually it depends on the station.

4.Around 1,500/-+cost for filters,oil.

5.Other member from this area will tell you.

6.Little knowledge about motor mechanics and autos.

PS-if you buy it recently from unknown source its better to change timing belt,break pads like stuffs. Congrats for ur buy. If you look after her properly she will be a good reliable partner for your life. even though its an A to B car Toyota is renowned for its reliability.

And if you are a guy who will go to the washing bay and poke, rather than sitting and reading a news paper in waiting area, you and your car will be benefited.

Thanks for the reply buddy....

This would certainly help....

BTW what is "an A to B car"?

Do you have previous owners records? see what he has used, better to use the same. otherwise go for mobil or shell. I have no experience with caltex.

Most of the places have them, go for VIC or Union filters.

luckey007 has covered everything.

around 1500-2000 for the service charges only.

The filters/ Oil prices will be added separately, final bill depends on the brands you will use.

Sorry, No idea.

Always stay with your car, don't let them to wash your engine! they may say will do it without any harm. but tell them not to!

as luckey007 said, its better to stay with your car than waiting in the customer lounge!

Edited by ferrarif50

This would certainly help....

BTW what is "an A to B car"?

Cars are designed with a basic purpose or some core functionality/expectations.

Performance, Luxury, Exclusivity. Similarly some cars are designed for taking you from point A to point B.

:D

Edited by MkX

Search the car for valuables(money,sunglasses) and leave them at home.and afterwards don't forget your spare wheel,tire iron,carpets,car seat covers,you have no idea how many times I've left one of these at a service station.Make sure the wheel nuts,oil filler caps and the engine oil and radiator drainage plugs/nuts are properly fastned.Never leave the car un-attended and tip generously.

well.. buddy congratz on buying a ride..

1.various people have various opinions. better ask from a expert onthat. Reputed service centers stick to several brands. If you use a dif one, u have to take the oil with you. I used caltex, no issues so far.. but some say mobil is better.

2.as i mentioned before.. only if u use an oil not available in the center. Filters they have, but if u need specific ones, u have to take them with you. VIC and genuine filters are the options i know. mechanics say VIC is good enough.

3.They have packages. A basic service includes oil, filter, visual inspection, cheeking of brakes, tires, radiator, bushes n other vital parts, body wash n wax, undercarriage wash and grease applying. More the work u need, higher the bill u get.

4. petrol one, with oil and filters it is around 5000 and diesel around 7500 ( depends on the station, but more or less around this amount.

5.No idea. But never go to M*G C*TY or A*T* M*R*G* . I personally and some of my friends had drastic experiences there. K*E*N P**K is generally oki and that's where im servicing my vehicles and ok with the service. I feel like the normal service stations are same as the big named ones as long as they have the needed crew.

6.As the other senior members have told, never try to be the gentleman and stay in the waiting area. Always have a look what is going on and get the work done properly. Service buggers prefer people who stay out and let them screw the vehicle. But finally it is ur vehicle plus your money. So be cautious. Other thing is that they will offer you with various extra stuff such as additives, engine flushing, full interior cleaning, and many more costly stuff, which gives you nothing in return most of the times. Remember, it is not the amount you spend for the vehicle that is important, but the rational review of the condition and prompt intervention that gives you the best outcome. keep that in mind. Keep a record of all the maintenance you do also.

Hope you get the answers and good luck with it

5.No idea. But never go to M*G C*TY or A*T* M*R*G* . I personally and some of my friends had drastic experiences there. K*E*N P**K is generally oki and that's where im servicing my vehicles and ok with the service. I feel like the normal service stations are same as the big named ones as long as they have the needed crew

What you mentioned is exactly right. My company recently bought a KDH200 van. We sent it 1st two services to M*G C*TY and next two services to A*T* M*R*G* and ended upwith Check Engine bulb apearing, ultimately fix out by T*y*tal*nk*. They have added various additives to engine and grabed the money. Only recommend for bodywashes.

Thank everybody for the support....much appreciated..

I found from service records that SAE 40 has been used previously...

Is this OK?

This is mono-grade right?

Yes it is mono grade,

But it is better to use multi-grade.

But for a vehicle that used mono-grade for a decade , I don't know whether there is an advantage.

Others will clarify it.

5.No idea. But never go to M*G C*TY or A*T* M*R*G* . I personally and some of my friends had drastic experiences there. K*E*N P**K is generally oki and that's where im servicing my vehicles and ok with the service. I feel like the normal service stations are same as the big named ones as long as they have the needed crew

What you mentioned is exactly right. My company recently bought a KDH200 van. We sent it 1st two services to M*G C*TY and next two services to A*T* M*R*G* and ended upwith Check Engine bulb apearing, ultimately fix out by T*y*tal*nk*. They have added various additives to engine and grabed the money. Only recommend for bodywashes.

'whmsujith',

Kleen Park At Navinna is only do car service now in few days Toyota lanka will take over deal is finalized. They still do all work at Dehiwala. A new station to do all work will be opened at Negambo road opposite Late Rukmani devi's statue very soon.

This is only for your information not advertising.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Toyota has its own brand of oils and that is recommended by Toyota. Some say its rebranded Mobil oil.

I can tell you two more places to avoid:

1. The 3M franchise in Suduwella Junction, Maradana (the guy was arguing with me saying that the engine is dirty and he should pour a few buckets of water on it)

2. The Service station near Roxy, Wellawatta

In general, avoid any place where the staff carry spray-cans of kerosene oil. Kerosene oil on rubber boots can do all kinds of damage to the vehicle.

'whmsujith',

Kleen Park At Navinna is only do car service now in few days Toyota lanka will take over deal is finalized. They still do all work at Dehiwala. A new station to do all work will be opened at Negambo road opposite Late Rukmani devi's statue very soon.

This is only for your information not advertising.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Silvi for these info. Infact I am from waikkal and I am really looking forward to bring my car Negombo centre.

Yes it is mono grade,

But it is better to use multi-grade.

But for a vehicle that used mono-grade for a decade , I don't know whether there is an advantage.

Others will clarify it.

What is the main advantage of changing from mono to multi?

What is the one u are recommending(give me a specific name)?

Toyota has its own brand of oils and that is recommended by Toyota. Some say its rebranded Mobil oil.

I can tell you two more places to avoid:

1. The 3M franchise in Suduwella Junction, Maradana (the guy was arguing with me saying that the engine is dirty and he should pour a few buckets of water on it)

2. The Service station near Roxy, Wellawatta

In general, avoid any place where the staff carry spray-cans of kerosene oil. Kerosene oil on rubber boots can do all kinds of damage to the vehicle.

'Crosswind',

The 3M franchise in Suduwella Junction, Maradana is owned to my knowledge by Kleen park.

Yes you are correct no one should use K oil or any other oil to Vehicle undercarriage today still some service stations still use this age old method of using oil to undercarriage They are the Makabases in old era who used Hammer and chisel for any job on motor vehicles cannot correct them.

In Srilanka there is no Authority to control the automobile after market service standards to my knowledge only this forum is helping the members to solve out some problems related to their vehicles what they use. There are many motor vehicle users who do not have computers and few motorists know about this forum.

ALL Automobile agents must get to gather start a association to have Q and A to educate automobile users how to maintain basic maintenance tips as well as repair shops to educate them with modern technology.I do not know how many members will agree to my idea.

I was aware few years back one company who started new welding product to go to welding shops and educated them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Crosswind',

The 3M franchise in Suduwella Junction, Maradana is owned to my knowledge by Kleen park.

Yes you are correct no one should use K oil or any other oil to Vehicle undercarriage today still some service stations still use this age old method of using oil to undercarriage They are the Makabases in old era who used Hammer and chisel for any job on motor vehicles cannot correct them.

In Srilanka there is no Authority to control the automobile after market service standards to my knowledge only this forum is helping the members to solve out some problems related to their vehicles what they use. There are many motor vehicle users who do not have computers and few motorists know about this forum.

ALL Automobile agents must get to gather start a association to have Q and A to educate automobile users how to maintain basic maintenance tips as well as repair shops to educate them with modern technology.I do not know how many members will agree to my idea.

I was aware few years back one company who started new welding product to go to welding shops and educated them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So, silvy what sort of thing should be used to wash undercarriage? I have no idea about this.

Thanks for the link buddy...I grasped the difference between multi and mono...

If u dont mind can u give me a specific brand or something..(basically like what i should ask from the shop? some number may be ie: SAE 40)

May be what u are using currently...

Edited by san1985

So, silvy what sort of thing should be used to wash undercarriage? I have no idea about this.

'whmsujith',

Please visit at ODEL Eye hospital junction car wash request for a undercarriage wash then you can see to yourself how do they do it.They use only water it is a automatic washer which 6 high pressure jets go up and down four times.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.