• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Missing And ....failing Green Test..

dhejasvini

thnx guys i got through the green test by a thin margin...by doing a fuel system cleanup at auto M.... but now i feel less power some time the engine slow down unusually(rpm drops)..and fuel consumption also bit increased ..is this called engine missing???

thnx guys i got through the green test by a thin margin...by doing a fuel system cleanup at auto M.... but now i feel less power some time the engine slow down unusually(rpm drops)..and fuel consumption also bit increased ..is this called engine missing???

When the RPM goes down, open the bonnet, see if the engine is there. If it's not, your engine is missing.

gud one bro..but seriously still i dont know what is engine missing...ok..but how to identify the bad spark plugs?

First of all look at the plug and check the electrode (the top metal part) and insulator (the white part) for deterioration. basically if the electrode has excess deposits and is rounded off it's bad. Your mechanic should know about it.

Did he tell you why you have a misfire? atleast what he thinks about it.

i didnt take the car to my mechanic since the rpm dropping incident...but when he was doing the tuneup 2 months ago he didnt suggest for new plugs...

Then I ould suggest that you change them. Make sure you buy the correct plugs. If someone tries to sell you something just because it fits, don't buy it.

Very difficult to diagnose the problem you have over the net without seeing it in person.

Here's some areas you may want to look into and some are mentioned here by others.

O2 sensor operates properly

Fuel filter is in good condition

Your cat converters, if so equipped

Fuel pressure at the rail

You can also have too much blow by [worn rings or bad seals]

Faulty PCV valve

One thing you want to do before the emission test is performed is to make sure the car is properly warmed up. Just drive the care around a bit just before you test it.

good luck.