• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5 Series (E39)

AA3

Well that's another E39 that needs to be avoided... Wonder how long before this one ends up parked on a bare land somewhere....

If the thing really exists and owned by the claimed owner that is. ;)

Man if you have the skills, even a lay land bus could be driven like in a grand prix. Have ever been in Dambulla road?

I was talking about maintaining it, not driving it.

Anyway, your car, your petrol.... but as the proud owner I'm sure you'd like to share some photos too :)

I dont think this is the right car for you. Only being brutally honest here. I sold a vw bora that was in perfect nick to a wanna be european car enthusiast. the state the car is now is a damn shame.. If you plan on keeping the car do update yourself . Or you will soon hate yourself for buying it

oh, sad to hear about the bora.

she was a beauty -

• Like 1

Because you can't put two profile pictures... ;)

Because I don't need a BMW to make a 'somebody'.... because when I park it at work next to some stranger's car, I am not feeling inadequate. Because when I drive it, I don't think I am driving, what did you call it, 'a car. a big car. an impressive car. a powerful car'... ;)

Bravo brother, btw, what did i ask for this very emotional response?

ps- am i still eligable for one or two questions from you fanatic BMW extremists? dont say no man. have thousands to ask from you professionals.

I was talking about maintaining it, not driving it.

Anyway, your car, your petrol.... but as the proud owner I'm sure you'd like to share some photos too :)

as long you bunch stays annanimous, let ma B5 (can I call ma car that name sir? ) be hidden from your privy eyes.. you'd see it live in front of you on the road (when you are hitting around 192kph on the meter) with a sticker near the tail light saying " its me dude"

yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo....yo yo yo...yo yo 'new beemer five member'... don't mind these haterz man,they jus hatin on yo ride nigga...u jus go an' do yo thang with yo bimma duude,i betta you get the hos to drop the panties wherever u go wit dat sweet ass ride,,,hells yeah playa...maxxa repecta!...md out yo!

never knew accents could be written in English. :) waht are trying to say man? (i undsertood the Panties though)

I don't think the BMW is gonna help drop panties if his spoken language is as atrocious as his written language.

But then, there are plenty of dumb women who are easily impressed. Tho you don't need to buy a BM for them, a Toyota Premio with a BMW badge will do the trick on them. Heck you might be able to get away with putting a BMW badge on a Tata Indigo and scoring with some of them :rolleyes:

• Like 2

as long you bunch stays annanimous, let ma B5 (can I call ma car that name sir? ) be hidden from your privy eyes.. you'd see it live in front of you on the road (when you are hitting around 192kph on the meter) with a sticker near the tail light saying " its me dude"

Actually the bunch is not anonymous at all. I haven't seen VWVortex's 5 series yet but VVTi has certainly posted pics of his babies. As automotive enthusiasts we'll all like to see pics of your new ride. Why hide man, Colombo is such a small city.

• Like 1

okey guys now since this topic is fully action packed am hijacking a little part of it to get an answer out of you people. the 4 service indicator lights are now amber but the 5th and 6th are still not lit up so am i good to push more miles with the car or is it time for me to give her a service ? My car is an E36 318i.

okey guys now since this topic is fully action packed am hijacking a little part of it to get an answer out of you people. the 4 service indicator lights are now amber but the 5th and 6th are still not lit up so am i good to push more miles with the car or is it time for me to give her a service ? My car is an E36 318i.

If it's amber you should have serviced it yesterday.... ;)

Amber is the first warning to say that you are just past the service. I service it on the last green light.

Don't wait for it to turn red.

lemme advice you mate. after talking to all ma brothers who were born with Beemers in their a...sess, now think i know a thing or two of how to look after the car. SERVICE NOW or YESTERDAY! or you'd make lotta people upset and another 5 page troll would surffice.

Actually the bunch is not anonymous at all. I haven't seen VWVortex's 5 series yet but VVTi has certainly posted pics of his babies. As automotive enthusiasts we'll all like to see pics of your new ride. Why hide man, Colombo is such a small city.

Precisely!. you'd come across mine in a yard or in front of you with a sticker " its me dude"

Precisely!. you'd come across mine in a yard or in front of you with a sticker " its me dude"

Well Dude, some of us don't live in Sri Lanka so that is a pointless suggestion. And the fact is machan there are many dudes out there, which dude are you :P? Also we're not interested in you per say, just your car.

Edited by The Don

• 2 months later...

Ok now here we go.

To VVTi. First, is ASC means anti skid control? How does it work? Answering your second question, man I was crazy over a Jag in spite many advices not to. Then was going after a Volvo 70 then an Accord(which in was very comfortable and attached to). Later one of ma good friends recommended this and it was love a first sight. No regrets and as mentioned wonder why I didn't think of beemers before. Maybe one things cos I see thousands of 3s in the road (no disrespect to ma brothers of 3s) the other thing is one of ma office collegue is having a 3 and didn't want to position my sled with him :)

To rangerover, man you are worse than killjoy. Of course you are right, but can I sneak about 1000km before I cough out for those replacements? Hope the car will not give up on me at school traffic at two pm in in base line road when out side temperature hits at 36C. My previous Accord never did :-p

Yeah carbon b4. Especially the cars which are meant to be driven should be driven. We should ban beemers to all lady drivers above thirty. Previous owner has been using the my car like using a F35 jet to do courier service for DHL.

Don. Yes agree. It's a long thread.

Thank you gentlemen for allowing a Jap to get into Germany. I would have been in ecstasy if not for the bloody US embargo for Iran oil.

I' m sure your just a sales guy by profession.

• 4 years later...
13 hours ago, Catbert said:

Four long years and no comment about E39's. Wonder why?

Because people have better things to do than to reply to 4 year old threads?