• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Is there any place you could recommend?

My usual painting place said there will be a slight color difference even if we do so because the front buffer is plastic and the bonnet is metal, so even if we apply the same colour due to this fact, there will be a difference... is that so?

Usually the factory painted bumpers are differently primed and coated, and even different in texture compared to non painted plastic bumpers off cargo models,

I'm sure your car had painted bumpers from stock so, if done properly, I don't think there will be a noticeable difference.

• Like 1

I recently bought a Vitz and the audio system's touch isn't working. Also the FM range is usual JDM vehicle's range. So can't tune most of the Sri Lankan channels.

Wondering if I could buy and use one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-3-5mm-In-Car-LCD-FM-Transmitter-Handsfree-for-iPhone-4S-5S-4-5-6-iPod-/310665458067?hash=item48551ab193

They are small and simply can plugin to my phone and play the song. Has anyone used this type of gadget before? :)

Thanks in advance :)

To be honnest I dont have much faith in those chinese cheapo gadgets but for that price its worth a try.

Yup, me too. Once I purchased a similar one which was mentioned on this thread itself, only worked for 2 minutes. But your mileage may vary :)

• Like 1

I recently bought a Vitz and the audio system's touch isn't working. Also the FM range is usual JDM vehicle's range. So can't tune most of the Sri Lankan channels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-3-5mm-In-Car-LCD-FM-Transmitter-Handsfree-for-iPhone-4S-5S-4-5-6-iPod-/310665458067?hash=item48551ab193

They are small and simply can plugin to my phone and play the song. Has anyone used this type of gadget before? :)

If you are looking for a radio, one thing you need to check before buying is that if the component actually has a FM tuner. Because what they mostly mean by 87.5-108mhz range is that it can transmit the contents of a USB pen, phone etc in one of those frequencies. Most of these do not come with a tuner that can tune into 87-5-108 and re-broadcast that to your existing player, if thats what you are looking for.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a radio, one thing you need to check before buying is that if the component actually has a FM tuner. Because what they mostly mean by 87.5-108mhz range is that it can transmit the contents of a USB pen, phone etc in one of those frequencies. Most of these do not come with a tuner that can tune into 87-5-108 and re-broadcast that to your existing player, if thats what you are looking for.

I have the same unit,this is only a modulator, which means this can play the audio files on the phone via the car stereo. although this comes with a battery inside, you'll have to keep it plugged in continuously to have enough signal strength to reduce the interference from other FM channels,

As you mentioned, we can't tune a radio channel using this unit, this would only broadcast the audio on a selected frequency. Since Sri Lanka has more radio channels than what it really needs, you'll have hard time fixing up for one frequency, i generally use 89.0,89.1 and 89.3 depending on where I am.

• Like 1

I have the same unit,this is only a modulator, which means this can play the audio files on the phone via the car stereo. although this comes with a battery inside, you'll have to keep it plugged in continuously to have enough signal strength to reduce the interference from other FM channels,

As you mentioned, we can't tune a radio channel using this unit, this would only broadcast the audio on a selected frequency. Since Sri Lanka has more radio channels than what it really needs, you'll have hard time fixing up for one frequency, i generally use 89.0,89.1 and 89.3 depending on where I am.

How is the audio quality ?

Finally I ordered my Night Breakers, will have to wait atleast 2 weeks I guess :(

If you ordered from those UK sellers mentioned in the thread, chances are you will get them within a week :)

• Like 1

Did you buy a pair when I bought?

No machan, I didn't I was out of budget those days.

If you ordered from those UK sellers mentioned in the thread, chances are you will get them within a week :)

Yeah I ordered from a UK seller, but it seems he haven't shipped it yet.

Anyone tried one of these or similar one? My NVidia graphics card goes up to 83 degrees Celsius when gaming and that kinda worries me

Mini Vacuum USB Cooler Air Extracting Cooling Pad Fan For Laptop PC Notebook Mac

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Vacuum-USB-Cooler-Air-Extracting-Cooling-Pad-Fan-For-Laptop-PC-Notebook-Mac-/121654644216?hash=item1c532e8df8

Edited by Magnum

Anyone tried one of these or similar one? My NVidia graphics card goes up to 83 degrees Celsius when gaming and that kinda worries me

Mini Vacuum USB Cooler Air Extracting Cooling Pad Fan For Laptop PC Notebook Mac

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Vacuum-USB-Cooler-Air-Extracting-Cooling-Pad-Fan-For-Laptop-PC-Notebook-Mac-/121654644216?hash=item1c532e8df8

Not that successful.

http://www.techshout.com/hardware/2009/26/belkin-unveils-laptop-cooling-hub-and-cooling-pad-in-india/

Try to find this, gives good results

Thanks man I found it on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELKIN-LAPTOP-COOLING-PAD-BLACK-FAN-STAND-USB-POWERED-ALSO-FOR-MACBOOK-F5L055BLK-/181110422615?hash=item2a2b05bc57

I got worried about the graphics card after it shut down itself couple of days. Generally Nvidia graphics cards can go up to 105 Celsius, but I dont know at what temp mine had shut down itself :sad-smiley-067:

$_12.JPG

Gamer I see.... the only game I liked to play was Super Mario... still do :D

Thanks man I found it on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELKIN-LAPTOP-COOLING-PAD-BLACK-FAN-STAND-USB-POWERED-ALSO-FOR-MACBOOK-F5L055BLK-/181110422615?hash=item2a2b05bc57

I got worried about the graphics card after it shut down itself couple of days. Generally Nvidia graphics cards can go up to 105 Celsius, but I dont know at what temp mine had shut down itself :sad-smiley-067:

It might be clogged with dust,

you might have to take it apart and clear the heatsinks manually, If under warranty, try to yank that.

Another solution is to use a household blower (max 35W / NOT compressed air) through the fan went so that the dust heap pops out the other side vent, the same way they went in etc. Mind u this method causes the cpu fan to spin the opposite way, i've done this many times with many laptops, there were no complications though, works well if you are lazy.

• Like 1

you might have to take it apart and clear the heatsinks manually, If under warranty, try to yank that.

Another solution is to use a household blower (max 35W / NOT compressed air) through the fan went so that the dust heap pops out the other side vent, the same way they went in etc. Mind u this method causes the cpu fan to spin the opposite way, i've done this many times with many laptops, there were no complications though, works well if you are lazy.

Yeah its a pain in the ass to take a laptop apart. But if your laptop is really old, its probably a good idea to take it a part and clean all heat sinks, fans etc. apply new heat sink compound.

Gamer I see.... the only game I liked to play was Super Mario... still do :D

I play all kinda games :P

Yeah its a pain in the ass to take a laptop apart. But if your laptop is really old, its probably a good idea to take it a part and clean all heat sinks, fans etc. apply new heat sink compound.

I took it apart once to see where the battery is and I cant remember if the fans were easily accessible, I'll try the blower trick first

I want to buy scuff plates and came to this ads

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-3-2014-2015-2016-SCUFF-PLATE-BOTH-HATCH-and-SEDAN-SCUFFPLATE-SKY-ACTIVE-ss-/151790628589?hash=item23576d2eed&vxp=mtr.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-GLOSSY-REAL-CARBON-FIBER-DOOR-SILL-SCUFF-PLATE-14-15-MAZDA3-BM-MAZDASPEED-JDM-/111637148506?hash=item19fe17b35a&vxp=mtr

Dear friends,

1)Is Carbon fiber preferred over steel?

2)Is the price reasonable?

3)Can I get cheaper in local shops?

Thanks in advance

Edited by luckey007

Sounds bit too expensive

I came across these massive scuff plates which go along the rear side steps on Hiace at a local shop. He asked Rs20,000 for it. It was only a pair but for cars you should be able to find for cheaper as they are smaller.

10347252_782255685164178_283467108977187

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

There are people who will match the colour to the current colour of the car by removing the fuel filler lid and matching colours according to it
Most shops who do auto colours have that option.

but they only match it to the level of the eye, so unless you paint the whole panel there will be a slight difference in the colour.

But it will be better than using the original colour code as the paint may have faded away by now.

I sent you a PM check your inbox

Usually the factory painted bumpers are differently primed and coated, and even different in texture compared to non painted plastic bumpers off cargo models,

I'm sure your car had painted bumpers from stock so, if done properly, I don't think there will be a noticeable difference.

So I went to my usual painting place and got my bonnet painted... and they matched the colour... there is a very slight difference and they said it will go away after a week when its dry and after doing a cut and polish... anyway when you look at a glance you don't see the slight variation.... so next saturday im taking it to the cut and polish and then will post pics.. :) overall im satisfied with the outcome :)

Some time back I saw few ads for allion/premio/axio illuminated scuff plates on h*tad, they were ranging from Rs. 5000/= upwards. I have steel illuminated scuff plates and one of them looks kinda corroded.

• Like 1

Some time back I saw few ads for allion/premio/axio illuminated scuff plates on h*tad, they were ranging from Rs. 5000/= upwards. I have steel illuminated scuff plates and one of them looks kinda corroded.

Yes, but mazda items are bit difficult to find.thats why I thought about ebay. So you prefer carbon fibre?