• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

I contacted Osram even they don't specifically know why both bulbs have same lumens. If you go through their site you will find that the lumens rating are same for all their products for each bulb type.

I think I will go for NBU again for my high beam as well just to be safe.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="282690" data-time="1442195091"><p>

I contacted Osram even they don't specifically know why both bulbs have same lumens. If you go through their site you will find that the lumens rating are same for all their products for each bulb type.<br />

I think I will go for NBU again for my high beam as well just to be safe.</p></blockquote>

If you look at hid 4300k vs 6000k you will see that 6000k actually has less lumens than 4300k. Basically higher the Kelvin the lower the lumens. Are you sure that the the lumen output is the same (this contradicts the norm) or maybe the cool blue has a higher in input wattage?

Also lumens is only part of the story, for example if you have 8000k and 4300k bulbs outputting the same lumens humans will be able to see better at 4300k even though it's the same output. Reason is the human eyes have better colour separation and depth perception at colour temperatures closer to that of light from the sun. This is why it's hard to separate color when using hids.

Edited by The Stig

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="282690" data-time="1442195091"><p>

I contacted Osram even they don't specifically know why both bulbs have same lumens. If you go through their site you will find that the lumens rating are same for all their products for each bulb type.<br />

I think I will go for NBU again for my high beam as well just to be safe.</p></blockquote>

If you look at hid 4300k vs 6000k you will see that 6000k actually has less lumens than 4300k. Basically higher the Kelvin the lower the lumens. Are you sure that the the lumen output is the same (this contradicts the norm) or maybe the cool blue has a higher in input wattage?

Also lumens is only part of the story, for example if you have 8000k and 4300k bulbs outputting the same lumens humans will be able to see better at 4300k even though it's the same output. Reason is the human eyes have better colour separation and depth perception at colour temperatures closer to that of light from the sun. This is why it's hard to separate color when using hids.

Yep I know about HID, the highest lumens you get is with 4300K

and yes I have read about the how well eye sees each color light, I think the most visible color to eye is red, followed by yellow. I think blue and purple color light beams are the hardest to see.

Surprisingly through their whole product range the lumens remains the same, only thing that changes is the percentage of output compared to a standard halogen bulb. Even the sales guy who contacted me was confused

I super agree with The Stig.

Its my personal experience, that in Yellow lights i have good judgement of the road details, especially during rainy season.

I super agree with The Stig.

Its my personal experience, that in Yellow lights i have good judgement of the road details, especially during rainy season.

Not just you, most people can see better with yellow lights which is why manufacturers never fix those blue HIDs

For those who are looking for bulbs little cheaper than Night Breaker Unlimited theres an option. Theres this bulb called Narva Plus 100, the output is less than NBU but its about 1000 bucks cheaper. I heard these bulbs are actually a rebranded version of Nightbreaker

plus-100.jpg

They do have one which is 10% more output than Nightbreakers but its expensive compared to Osram. They only come as three bulb types

plus-120.jpg

Im not sure of the kelvin ratings for these bulbs though, I think they are more yellowish than Osram

Edited by Magnum

For those who are looking for bulbs little cheaper than Night Breaker Unlimited theres an option. Theres this bulb called Narva Plus 100, the output is less than NBU but its about 1000 bucks cheaper. I heard these bulbs are actually a rebranded version of Nightbreaker

plus-100.jpg

They do have one which is 10% more output than Nightbreakers but its expensive compared to Osram. They only come as three bulb types

plus-120.jpg

Im not sure of the kelvin ratings for these bulbs though, I think they are more yellowish than Osram

I've purchased a pair of these locally, (H3)/100w rating, for my reverse spot lights,

Awfully bright, amazing how such a tiny bulb throws out so much light,

cost around 1000LKR and it fried the relay, had to resort to a Diesel glow plug 50A one, woes of going after more and more light

And yes they are very yellow

Edited by tiv

I've purchased a pair of these locally, (H3)/100w rating, for my reverse spot lights,

Awfully bright, amazing how such a tiny bulb throws out so much light,

cost around 1000LKR and it fried the relay, had to resort to a Diesel glow plug 50A one, woes of going after more and more light

And yes they are very yellow

Did you fix it for some off roading purpose?

bdw these aren't 100w though

Edited by Magnum

Did you fix it for some off roading purpose?

bdw these aren't 100w though

Of course, I have no intention of sending 100w x2 of old school light glory onto my follower lol

Besides the relay is wired to the stock reverse lamp along with a in-dash kill switch, so Absolutely works only on reverse,

and that too can be switched off.

Of course, I have no intention of sending 100w x2 of old school light glory onto my follower lol

Besides the relay is wired to the stock reverse lamp along with a in-dash kill switch, so Absolutely works only on reverse,

and that too can be switched off.

Would like to see some pics of your ride mate :)

• Like 1

Would like to see some pics of your ride mate :)

Will do mate, I'll be seeing it in the weekend, also its awaiting a few subtle upgrades, bewarned Its just a run of the mill hilux with a few lights on

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="282882" data-time="1442400637"><p>

Bought a dash cam recently? any good suggestions?</p></blockquote>

Budget 35-50 usd - g1w

Mid 50-65 usd - b40/a118

Relatively high 65+ usd - g90

These are the best quality bang for the buck models in each price range.

I am using a b40 now. Ordered a g90, will update after I get it.

Edited by The Stig

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="282882" data-time="1442400637"><p>

Bought a dash cam recently? any good suggestions?</p></blockquote>

Budget 35-50 usd - g90

Mid 50-65 usd - b40/a118

Relatively high 65+ usd - g90

These are the best quality bang for the buck models in each price range.

I am using a b40 now. Ordered a g90, will update after I get it.

Link to the one you bought please?

How exactly are you categorizing the quality? color quality? white balance? focusing?

most of them claim as 1080P

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="282885" data-time="1442401631"><p>

<br />

Link to the one you bought please?<br />

How exactly are you categorizing the quality? color quality? white balance? focusing?<br />

most of them claim as 1080P</p></blockquote>

My judgement is based on info mostly from dashcamtalk forum. The video quality depends on a couple of factors - cmos sensor, lense aperture, processor etc. Lower end models use crappy processors. Novatek is used in the g1w and b40, the g90 uses a bit high end ambrella processor.

You can find the links if you Google the product names.