• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Well didn't had a chance to take a good pic at a good location last night because we were busy at the book fair till mid night, plus my camera phone is crappy at night. Here is what I mange to take.

34y9v6x.jpg

Overall I'm very satisfied with the night breakers, its brighter and travels a long distance and the color temp is enough for me, thinking of ordering two more for my fogs.

Was this low beam? and whats the bulb type of your fog lamps?

Well my new dash cam arrived (G90)

The box was a little beaten up though, everything inside is fine

Thats all there was in the box (oh and a user manual which was pretty useless)

This is the suction mount, it also has a power connector adapter which connects to the top of the camera (there is a mini USB port on the camera and the suction mount itself, you can chose to use either one).

And here is the camera itself, it only about 3 inches wide and about 1.5 inches tall. The lens protrudes about 1 inches forward though.

Sorry didn't bother wiping, its a bit dusty

Inside view after fixing it, I had enough space to fix it right behind the mirror. The suction mount was pretty solid

I hid the wires through the beading and upholster later on, didn't take pictures after :sleeping-smiley-008:

Post a video captured from it and is your car a Nissan?

bdw do SL cops dash cam videos as evidence? I think i read somewhere that they dont, we could still use them for insurance purpose though

bdw do SL cops dash cam videos as evidence? I think i read somewhere that they dont, we could still use them for insurance purpose though

Cops are not empowered to take a decision on the validity of an evidence (written, verbal, electronic, whatever) - only a court of law can do it. But the sad part is nobody wants to take a traffic case that far and challenge on the evidence produced by the cop (there has been a few cases of course. Hats off to them). So basically if you get copped you are at his mercy. Bottom line is that we DO NOT have a fair legal system. Still a dash cam is worth the trouble.

Cops are not empowered to take a decision on the validity of an evidence (written, verbal, electronic, whatever) - only a court of law can do it. But the sad part is nobody wants to take a traffic case that far and challenge on the evidence produced by the cop (there has been a few cases of course. Hats off to them). So basically if you get copped you are at his mercy. Bottom line is that we DO NOT have a fair legal system. Still a dash cam is worth the trouble.

And everytime you get copped, try to put a sad puppy face, talk him out and get his sympathy vote and try to get away.. works for me all the time... got copped driving the car only once though....

Thanks man, I checked them out its 2600k yellow color, don't really like that color, is it the best visible color temp in foggy conditions?

Yellow beams are the easiest to read for human eye but its not like white light is hard to see.

However in poor conditions yellow beams will win over white beams

Catering van fetishists nationwide :sport-smiley-004:

Judging by the comments, they loving it :D

And I've been trying to indoctrinate people into being presea lovers by sharing the fb presea fan page and group page all over other automotive related pages :violent-smiley-027::violent-smiley-026:

Well its the Hiace effect! :P

Dude open a group instead of a page

Well, gave in to the light bulb fetish that Autolankans are going through these days and bought two H7 nightbreakers. Apologies guys, wasn't really patient enough to wait and take before/after pics. Buy boy, do they work!

The headlights threw out light marginally better than a proper 3 piece torch. I guess the model is known for bad headlights anyway. But the nightbreakers did the trick. Been driving at night a lot these days and there's a marked difference. Planning on replacing the main beams as well. Hopefully, before/after pics then.

Edited by Sierra Charlie
  • Like 3

Well, gave in to the light bulb fetish that Autolankans are going through these days and bought two H4 nightbreakers. Apologies guys, wasn't really patient enough to wait and take before/after pics. Buy boy, do they work!

The headlights threw out light marginally better than a proper 3 piece torch. I guess the model is known for bad headlights anyway. But the nightbreakers did the trick. Been driving at night a lot these days and there's a marked difference. Planning on replacing the main beams as well. Hopefully, before/after pics then.

If you didnt replace the main beams what exactly did you replace? you didnt replace the fogs either...

Well here is a sample clip of my new DVR with HDR mode on.

Best viewed in 1080p, YouTube compresses videos so you wont see full quality.

5 min clips are usually around 560 Mb. Can easily read number plates and other info even at night (will post some night drives and with HDR off as well when i get some time).

The only issue is with the sound though, the mic seems to be too sensitive. The his noise you are hearing is actually the engine note and cabin noise in general, that sound is not there when the engine is off.

Overall very happy with the cam.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 2

Well, gave in to the light bulb fetish that Autolankans are going through these days and bought two H4 nightbreakers. Apologies guys, wasn't really patient enough to wait and take before/after pics. Buy boy, do they work!

Welcome to the fetish club... :D

If you didnt replace the main beams what exactly did you replace? you didnt replace the fogs either...

My thinking speed and typing speed is way out of sync, much like the Puddle of Mudd folks.

Anyway, here's the clarification. Upper Beams are H1. Lower Beams are H7. Fogs are H3.

I replaced the Lower Beams with Nightbreaker H7s. Will replace the upper beam H1s as well.

My thinking speed and typing speed is way out of sync, much like the Puddle of Mudd folks.

Anyway, here's the clarification. Upper Beams are H1. Lower Beams are H7. Fogs are H3.

I replaced the Lower Beams with Nightbreaker H7s. Will replace the upper beam H1s as well.

I have the same bulb arrangement in my car as well :)

Night Breakers for low beams and Fog Breakers(2600k) for fogs. Hoping to replace the high beams (H1) with Night Breakers too :)

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Haha that explains it!

I have the same bulb arrangement in my car as well :)

Night Breakers for low beams and Fog Breakers(2600k) for fogs. Hoping to replace the high beams (H1) with Night Breakers too :)

Can i see pic of your fog breakers?