• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

'JayZ',

What you wanted is available at Link near Jubilee post Nugegoda road that is 3M VHB tape (very high bond).

I have used once to a Navara D/Cab to paste the body and carry boy rear hood.

Link will sell your requirement in meters, 3M VHB tape as they have a big role 100 meters which they cut and sell 100.00 Rupees a meter.This was about 11/2 years ago. I am not aware the cost now.

WEB Page.-----http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs66SXaNCOrrrrQ-

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Thanks Sylvi for the info,

Could you please tell me the exact location of this shop in Jubilee post? Is it towards maharagama side from Jubilee post junction ?

Thanks Sylvi for the info,

Could you please tell me the exact location of this shop in Jubilee post? Is it towards maharagama side from Jubilee post junction ?

Its actually on Stanley Thilakarathne rd. About 50m down the road towards nugegoda on your left as you go down the hill; right opposite a paintshop. It has a whole bunch of iron bars, air compressors, welding gas cylinders clearly visible from the road, so you cant miss it.

Edited by Watchman

SOLAR POWERED AUTO COOL FAN/CAR AIR Ventilation System.

Cool product. But i lost the bid :( :( gonna try again tonight :)

<<http://www.ebay.com/itm/300598538802?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT#ht_4539wt_977>>

Will this actually work? :D Car interior will be covered with the dirty dust in the out side. :P

Edited by Ek3 Ferio

Its called a turbo whistle and you can only get the sound of the turbo spooling up (that whistle noise), FYI one of my friends bought one just for fun and it had fallen off somewhere after 2 months :lol:

But if you were referring to the "pusssss" sort of noise the only way to fake is like this (watch from 6.06)

I also ordered the same from e-bay and the turbo sound keep on whistling all the time. It was very much uncomfortable to drive like that and threw that off after few days.

Is it a good idea to fix it to the air cleaner air intake?

Will this actually work? :D Car interior will be covered with the dirty dust in the out side. :P

Its an exhaust fan, not an intake fan

It ventilates hot air inside the car to the outside, not bring in air from outside to the car :rolleyes:

I also ordered the same from e-bay and the turbo sound keep on whistling all the time. It was very much uncomfortable to drive like that and threw that off after few days.

Absolutely not, it will restrict air to your engine and might result in poor performance and fuel economy.

try the sound racer thing cyrax posted.

Edited by The Stig

Its called a turbo whistle and you can only get the sound of the turbo spooling up (that whistle noise), FYI one of my friends bought one just for fun and it had fallen off somewhere after 2 months :lol:

But if you were referring to the "pusssss" sort of noise the only way to fake is like this (watch from 6.06)

Well, you can always stick your head out and say Pusssssssssssssssssssssss...

Any gadget that will make your car sound like something its not will be fake. Imagine with all your blow off valve noises you get neaten by a car with none of that ? That will be very very embarrassing, won't it?

Ek3,no mate.What I'm talking about is something that you paste outside :)

Edit -Found it http://cdn.autoanything.com/images/products/med/lights/plasmaglow_lightning_eyes_led_headlight_strips.jpg

ewww the Leyland Bus lights.. check the site i gave macho they have those light strips :)

Description says "It sucks out the hot air that's inside your car and replaces it with the cooler outside air"

Well when you put that thing on the shutter there is a small 1-2cm gap isnt it ? and when the hot air from inside are sent out cool air is automatically ventilated into the car through that gap isnt it ? Fans cant work both ways in the same moment can they ? it only has one fan isnt it ?

Jeez man even a 5 year old can figure that out :rolleyes:

Well when you put that thing on the shutter there is a small 1-2cm gap isnt it ? and when the hot air from inside are sent out cool air is automatically ventilated into the car through that gap isnt it ? Fans cant work both ways in the same moment can they ? it only has one fan isnt it ?

Jeez man even a 5 year old can figure that out :rolleyes:

lol ya, that 1-2cm gap far enough to cover your dashboard with tiny little dust if you are parking side by the road. I prefer a clean car than a cool car with dust all over the interior. Just my personal idea :jumping-smiley-013:

yea i have orderd universal TV remote, a small wi-fi sensor key tag, a torch before and i recived all

but once i orderd a angry bird phone tag. but i got a diffrent phone tag. but other than that, even few of my friends brought down some stuff

and they all got delivered to me and them mate. :)

Thanks mate, now lets see if we can find a decent bargain... :rolleyes:

lol ya, that 1-2cm gap far enough to cover your dashboard with tiny little dust if you are parking side by the road. I prefer a clean car than a cool car with dust all over the interior. Just my personal idea :jumping-smiley-013:

I used one of those for some time. This comes with a rubber to cover the gap, a rubber beading. Not very comfortable to put on. It is useless without that rubber strip because the car needs to be completely sealed to exhaust hot air out of it, otherwise air from the gap will circulate in and it'll be a problem from rain and dust coming in.

It works for me, used for my old car, still resting in the glove compartment but hardly use it. this thing needs direct sunlight otherwise no fan motion, need to be careful which side the sun will be, and wont work with the tinted glass. It cost me around 1500/- year ago.

Hi All,

I just bought a Bluetooth MP3 FM Modulator from 1st Cross Street Pettah. I just thought of giving a try with this little thing. It cost me Rs1200 + Rs500 for 2GB micro SD. I'm very happy with it. It connects to mobile phone via Bluetooth(Connectivity was simple as my phone is a Nokia, dnt know whether it will create issues to Blackberry and other high-end phones).

You can dial either using ur phone or the remote. You can also answer calls using call button from remote or the call button in the device it self. But MP3 sound quality is not too good compared to the MP3 quality of car setup. But call quality is good. Almost same as car setup Bluetooth call quality. Does not feedback. Did not try increasing the volume at high level. But finally what i can say is its worth for 1200 rupees.

Kmeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

Hi All,

I just bought a Bluetooth MP3 FM Modulator from 1st Cross Street Pettah. I just thought of giving a try with this little thing. It cost me Rs1200 + Rs500 for 2GB micro SD. I'm very happy with it. It connects to mobile phone via Bluetooth(Connectivity was simple as my phone is a Nokia, dnt know whether it will create issues to Blackberry and other high-end phones).

You can dial either using ur phone or the remote. You can also answer calls using call button from remote or the call button in the device it self. But MP3 sound quality is not too good compared to the MP3 quality of car setup. But call quality is good. Almost same as car setup Bluetooth call quality. Does not feedback. Did not try increasing the volume at high level. But finally what i can say is its worth for 1200 rupees.

Kmeeg.

One that in this thread cost me around 2000/-, It works fine but plastic it made of is kind of a low quality. And I can not get A2DP to work in it, may be it's a problem with my phone.