• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Dear my friend. Though Ebay sellers sell cool rare gadgets most of them are not quality products. When we are surfing ebay site we can clearly notice that the products which ship from UK,USA are somewhat pricey than the goods which ship from China and Hongkong. Most of the Sri Lankans only check the price of the goods. They never check the quality of the goods. As an example if we search for a flashdrive(pendrive) in the Ebay site we could clearly notice that from China and Hongkong there are many products without a brand name ( They say that the item is unbranded/generic). Those products are in poor quality. But if we check the items from USA and UK there are no products without a brand name. They sell only certified quality products with a certain Brand. So this is common with all electronic accessories in the Ebay site. I have personal experiences about this case. I have wasted dollars and dollars on these cheap chinese products due to their nice appearance and the mentioned features. So all my friends please be careful when buying from ebay site. Don't waste your money on such cheap products. Thank you

• Like 1

Dear my friend. Though Ebay sellers sell cool rare gadgets most of them are not quality products. When we are surfing ebay site we can clearly notice that the products which ship from UK,USA are somewhat pricey than the goods which ship from China and Hongkong. Most of the Sri Lankans only check the price of the goods. They never check the quality of the goods. As an example if we search for a flashdrive(pendrive) in the Ebay site we could clearly notice that from China and Hongkong there are many products without a brand name ( They say that the item is unbranded/generic). Those products are in poor quality. But if we check the items from USA and UK there are no products without a brand name. They sell only certified quality products with a certain Brand. So this is common with all electronic accessories in the Ebay site. I have personal experiences about this case. I have wasted dollars and dollars on these cheap chinese products due to their nice appearance and the mentioned features. So all my friends please be careful when buying from ebay site. Don't waste your money on such cheap products. Thank you

If you went through this thread, you don't see fellas buying $1-$2 stuff and bragging about it here mate, lately to us eBay serves as a means to source and procure stuff thats hard to find locally. A bit towards the premium end.

Your advice won't go unnoticed of course.

• Like 1

You mentioned some ECU guy earlier, could you find out from him whether its possible to get the kit for Hiace?

Any idea what changing the gear ratio from 3.909:1 to 3.727:1 does?

Will respond to the above on your pm,

as for the final drive, i've no clue,

the setup in the hilux is entirely different, and I've the manual locking rear diff, not the LSD.

It's called being penny-wise-pound-foolish

If anybody wants to buy flash memory related products from eBay such as SD cards, MicroSD cards or pen drives I can highly recommend "Sinceritytrading" and "Courtesytrading" sellers :)

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

If you can expend $ 5.00 more you can try this one which lists more features. But I am still watching it and willing to know the quality. :prankster:

I don't know about this one but like Stig mentioned in this thread the G90 seems to be pretty good. He posted a review too check it out. There are pretty cheap ones in ebay too but most of them are USD 60+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G90-Ouku-A7LA70-5MP-FHD-1080P-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-HDR-170-2-7-G-sensor-KIt-/272098671478?hash=item3f5a583b76:g:C-gAAOSwL7VWj2qW

• Like 1

Dont buy unknown models, the whole point of a dash cam is proving that you are not at fault or to produce as evidence. If you buy cheap stuff or models unheard of you run the risk of videos being blurry/you will not be able to read number plates + night time performance may be bad.

The g1w (model number) is the same price as the one you have posted, go for it as it is highly recommended on online forums and reviews.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=g1w&_sop=12

If you can afford to spend a little more go for the G90, i have this and the video quality is simply amazing for the price you pay. (beware there is a sound issue in this model though)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XG90.TRS0&_nkw=G90&_sacat=0

I don't know about this one but like Stig mentioned in this thread the G90 seems to be pretty good. He posted a review too check it out. There are pretty cheap ones in ebay too but most of them are USD 60+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G90-Ouku-A7LA70-5MP-FHD-1080P-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-HDR-170-2-7-G-sensor-KIt-/272098671478?hash=item3f5a583b76:g:C-gAAOSwL7VWj2qW

Thats a fake machan :D

You will not be able to find a g90 original south of $50

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

After reading a bit on dashboardcamerareviews.com, I got two mini 0806 dash cams. One for the RalliArt, the other for the Demio.

The main requirement for me was having dashcams that wern't too bulky. The last thing I wanted was having a bit of bulky tech hanging from the middle of my windscreen. Of course I wanted the obvious factors like full HD recording and stuff, and everything I wanted was in the mini 0806.

Read more and watch sample videos here:
http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/mini-0806/

Official site:
http://mini0806.com/

According to the site, it's on the top set of cams for 2016. I got mine from gearbest.com because the price was low (they had a promotion or something) and the kit they offered had all the equipment I needed. If you're buying this, get the one with GPS and the polarisation lens.

Read in some forums that initial versions of the 0806 had trouble locking the GPS signal and had trouble with certain SanDisk MicroSD cards, but the ones I got were fine. The first thing I did after unboxing was update the firmware to the latest version.

I've been using one of them for about a week now and I'm happy with the video quality and how quickly the camera responds when the car is turned on. I have installed mine just near the centre rear view mirror and since the device is so small, you don't even notice it's there.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

I did some research on the Toyota Diesel engine performance kit, it was offered for the Invincible variant fof the Hilux, you got the Invincible eh?

You still got the kit on?

I wonder whether it will be possible to fix the kit to the Hiace?

Anyway how exactly do they get more power out of the engine by adding a kit?

Any idea why the DPF was deleted on yours? I think the DPF helps the turbo stay pressured for quicker spool time.

The 1KD was slightly modified in 2010 but I think the basics remain the same. The final drive of the Hiace was changed from 3.909:1 to 3.727:1, that increases the top speed I guess

ECU discussion updated on PM, sorry about the delay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi experts,

I wanna know if this will fit my car.. right now i have a stock set (casette player and the cd player integrated seperately) so if i remove that I get a space of a 4/11inch ... can someone tell me, if im buying this item what else should i buy seperately to fix it?.. it says it comes with a wire harness... is that all I need? I'm hoping to fit my 2 speakers in the back too, so can I buy that fitting wire locally? And also do I have to buy a dashkit panel to install this or will it be possible to install this without a dashkit panel? your help and advice is highly appreciated :) here is the link for the item...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-FH-X720BT-Double-2-DIN-InDash-CD-Player-Bluetooth-MIXTRAX-Pandora-/151509856129?hash=item2346b0ef81:g:OTIAAOSw6EhUQbwn&vxp=mtr

This is the dashkit panel im talking about... it doesn't come with this package....

XFDl6Vl.jpg

Hi experts,

I wanna know if this will fit my car.. right now i have a stock set (casette player and the cd player integrated seperately) so if i remove that I get a space of a 4/11inch ... can someone tell me, if im buying this item what else should i buy seperately to fix it?.. it says it comes with a wire harness... is that all I need? I'm hoping to fit my 2 speakers in the back too, so can I buy that fitting wire locally? And also do I have to buy a dashkit panel to install this or will it be possible to install this without a dashkit panel? your help and advice is highly appreciated :) here is the link for the item...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-FH-X720BT-Double-2-DIN-InDash-CD-Player-Bluetooth-MIXTRAX-Pandora-/151509856129?hash=item2346b0ef81:g:OTIAAOSw6EhUQbwn&vxp=mtr'>http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-FH-X720BT-Double-2-DIN-InDash-CD-Player-Bluetooth-MIXTRAX-Pandora-/151509856129?hash=item2346b0ef81:g:OTIAAOSw6EhUQbwn&vxp=mtr

This is the dashkit panel im talking about... it doesn't come with this package....

[img=http://i.imgur.com/XFDl6Vl.jpg]

A din is a standard size, if it says double din it's always 180x100mm size. Just check the size in your car since in some cases like Toyotas they use 200mmx100mm as the standard.

A din is a standard size, if it says double din it's always 180x100mm size. Just check the size in your car since in some cases like Toyotas they use 200mmx100mm as the standard.

Mine is 4 inches tall and 7 inches long... which is 101.6mm and 177.8cm then it fits right...

my question is, to put in inside, do i have to place in in a cover like thing which i have mentioned with a pic in my previous post? or straight away can i put the player into the dash, without the help of any dash kit to hold it?

precisely what im asking is, should i buy a mount kit too like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PIONEER-ADT-VA133-DOUBLE-DIN-INSTALL-KIT-FOR-COMPATIBLE-PIONEER-RECEIVERS-/182007115177?hash=item2a60782da9:g:HvsAAOSwa-dWq9RS

Edited by PreseaLover

Mine is 4 inches tall and 7 inches long... which is 101.6mm and 177.8cm then it fits right...

my question is, to put in inside, do i have to place in in a cover like thing which i have mentioned with a pic in my previous post? or straight away can i put the player into the dash, without the help of any dash kit to hold it?

precisely what im asking is, should i buy a mount kit too like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PIONEER-ADT-VA133-DOUBLE-DIN-INSTALL-KIT-FOR-COMPATIBLE-PIONEER-RECEIVERS-/182007115177?hash=item2a60782da9:g:HvsAAOSwa-dWq9RS'>http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PIONEER-ADT-VA133-DOUBLE-DIN-INSTALL-KIT-FOR-COMPATIBLE-PIONEER-RECEIVERS-/182007115177?hash=item2a60782da9:g:HvsAAOSwa-dWq9RS

There are 2 ways to mount a head unit.

Sometimes it is possible to screw it in without any brackets if the sides of the din are accessible (in some cars you can remove the side dash trims and access some pre drilled holes) + screw in the front end. This would only work if the gaps are perfect and if you can actually access the sides.

Second way is to put a bracket in and mount the unit through the bracket, the head unit will lock onto the bracket with a locking mechanism on the side. You will have to screw in the front.

Most units actually come with mounting brackets, so wait till you get the headunit before buying a separate bracket.

There are 2 ways to mount a head unit. Sometimes it is possible to screw it in without any brackets if the sides of the din are accessible (in some cars you can remove the side dash trims and access some pre drilled holes) + screw in the front end. This would only work if the gaps are perfect and if you can actually access the sides. Second way is to put a bracket in and mount the unit through the bracket, the head unit will lock onto the bracket with a locking mechanism on the side. You will have to screw in the front. Most units actually come with mounting brackets, so wait till you get the headunit before buying a separate bracket.

Oh right, now i get it thanks :)

on the other hand I heard, USA frequencies doens't fully cover SL... I mean even thought its full range, their number starting after the first decimal places goes on in only ODD numbers (Eg: 101.7, 87.9), so it wont catch the SL channels ranging in the even numbers (Eg: 96.6)...in that case, the best thing is to get one from SL itself, and this model is not to be found here...

• 1 month later...
Thinking of getting 33-2987 K&N AIR FILTER

$_12.JPG

It costs roughly 10,000LKR and its reusable it seems. Is it worth it?

Careful as many experts say they leak fine dust, esp with forced induction,

komi had issues too

Thinking of getting 33-2987 K&N AIR FILTER

It costs roughly 10,000LKR and its reusable it seems. Is it worth it?

They are reusable and if I'm not mistaken, they come with a lifetime warranty.

But I'm with tiv. I was thinking of getting a drop in and was reading some forums and there were numerous cases of people having MAP/MAF sensors going bad. So stuck with OEM

Oversimplified, the higher flow they promise has to be obtained by relaxing the filtration, ie, letting more particles pass through. This will lead to engine wear.

For the Hiace?

Yes for the Hiace

Careful as many experts say they leak fine dust, esp with forced induction,

komi had issues too

They are reusable and if I'm not mistaken, they come with a lifetime warranty.

But I'm with tiv. I was thinking of getting a drop in and was reading some forums and there were numerous cases of people having MAP/MAF sensors going bad. So stuck with OEM

Oversimplified, the higher flow they promise has to be obtained by relaxing the filtration, ie, letting more particles pass through. This will lead to engine wear.

I thought thats only for the Cone air filters or is that issue their in all K&N ones?

This is how this one looks

If its gonna pull in more particles I'm gonna stay away from it

33-2987.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/33-2987-K-N-AIR-FILTER-TOYOTA-HIACE-3-0-Diesel-2007-2011-VAN-/381442891092?hash=item58cfc49d54:g:dhEAAOSw~bFWIYwi#shpCntId