• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Thanks a lot JayZ for your valuable comments. Let me check with vendor on box and manual.

Further How is your wireless camera work. Is it worth while to use wireless unit. Hope you are using it without any trouble so far. Please share your thoughts....

Wireless cam works just fine. And its whole lot easier to hook it up rather than running a wire all the way from the back of the vehicle. Only thing is you should not keep the front receiver to face direct sunlight. If it becomes so hot might burn the internal circuits. So ul have to buy a new cam.

• Like 1

Wireless cam works just fine. And its whole lot easier to hook it up rather than running a wire all the way from the back of the vehicle. Only thing is you should not keep the front receiver to face direct sunlight. If it becomes so hot might burn the internal circuits. So ul have to buy a new cam.

Thanks Jayz

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Very interested in the soundracer since ive got a peugeot 406 and i would probably look silly with a huge exhaust that gives all sound but no style. Also it would be eco friendly without any noise pollution.

Anyone got it down from ebay already?? Or is there a place in Sri Lanka??(I highly doubt it )

Thanks

Edited by ZyKo

Following is the device i am trying to purchase through ebay. But one more question came in to my mind was maps. seller said that they will get me a Sri lankan map but do you know anything about later installing maps. I heard Garmin maps are used in SL, but seller doesnt know about garmin maps, do you think my device will support garmin maps?

CPU MediaTek MT3351

Microsoft Windows CE 5.0

Following is the device i am trying to purchase through ebay. But one more question came in to my mind was maps. seller said that they will get me a Sri lankan map but do you know anything about later installing maps. I heard Garmin maps are used in SL, but seller doesnt know about garmin maps, do you think my device will support garmin maps?

CPU     MediaTek MT3351

Microsoft Windows CE 5.0

Hi Aravinda,Maps are device independent but software dependent. Since this device running Win CE, u can install Garmin or Navitel software later on. I had a Garmin SL map but it lacks details and getting stuck all the time. Sala and Dialog Sat uses a software called Navital and it uses Atlas maps which are highly detailed and does not get stuck. You will be able to install this software from Sala for a fee. Make sure ur device has at least 64 - 128 Mb of RAM.

Hi Aravinda,Maps are device independent but software dependent. Since this device running Win CE, u can install Garmin or Navitel software later on. I had a Garmin SL map but it lacks details and getting stuck all the time. Sala and Dialog Sat uses a software called Navital and it uses Atlas maps which are highly detailed and does not get stuck. You will be able to install this software from Sala for a fee. Make sure ur device has at least 64 - 128 Mb of RAM.

Many thanks Jayz, I will check for better Ram on device.. thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just saw something off 'dealextreme' which schiffer originally posted;

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1-7-lcd-type-0-turbo-timer-set-42505

just wanted to know if this is a real HKS unit or a duplicate.. Was planning on getting it down..

Guys just saw something off 'dealextreme' which schiffer originally posted;

http://www.dealextre...timer-set-42505

just wanted to know if this is a real HKS unit or a duplicate.. Was planning on getting it down..

i highly doubt that mate, because Dealextraeme only deals with Chinese products.

the pics seem pretty convincing mate.. btw how long does it take to arrive?

well can be :) but be carefull coz i highly doubt there will be original HKS one

and it takes around 2-3 weeks mate. coz they take sometime to deliver from there as well.

Anyone have tried these kind of Radar Detectors? (order from overseas) ?

Don't buy …! This gives thousands of false alarms in Sri Lanka. It's really annoying.. Finally U never respond to  this even Real " KOTIYA" comes. & then U Busted...![You need to pay more for a good quality product ;)]

post-48470-0-96999500-1320850456_thumb.j

Edited by Amarapala

• 3 weeks later...

Fake. There was a guide on some forum regarding identifying these fakes, try googling..

The price itself is a giveaway...

• 4 weeks later...

guys what do u think about this ? it does what it says ? and worth to buy or can we find this locally for cheaper ? thanks :)

http://www.ebay.com/...c#ht_3562wt_947

I actually got down a set from Mazda UK and they are not so easy or obvious to use. I couldn't get a professional result at all. But it would also depend on how good your skills and patience are .. I guess so YMMV.

For 3-4 bucks, why not try and see :)

• Like 1

I tried Arpico navinna and Sarasavi bookshop nugegoda. Couldn't find it. Must check in Mc during the weekend. Tnx mate

Also try the small car accessory shop near the Nuga Tree in Baybrook place. Once I bought from a Carg**ls as well.

There is a 3M dealer in Sri Lanka, you can google and find him too.

• 2 weeks later...