• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Dunno if that turbo sound whistle is 'cool'. It's a rather silly thing imo. Imagine hearing a turbocharged threewheeler ? :D

1+ that thing is like taking the whole fart canon thing another step further.... all show and no go! :D lame...

at least that cig lighter gadget is good entertainment for people inside the car...

showing off high performance to outsiders when in reality you've got nothing is retarded

What will be really funny is some stock little car beating the crap out of a fake turbo sounding car :P

Car air purifier/ionizer: Link

Worth the money.

OP: did u actually buy the BT/FM transmitter posted and how was it to use - reliability/durability etc?

Avoid the air purifier. A friend of mine bought the same thing(He thought the LED's looked cool). After a few days a small wisps of smoke started to come out of it! It;s just chinese junk.

BTW, good thread!

Edited by jehan80

Avoid the air purifier. A friend of mine bought the same thing(He thought the LED's looked cool). After a few days a small wisps of smoke started to come out of it! It;s just chinese junk.

BTW, good thread!

Mine is still going on (at least I think so) .. no smoke after 2 weeks :)

It's still junk and I don't expect 100% performance and longevity from a $ 2 gadget!

Car Radar Detector

486514674_o.jpg

486514678_o.jpg

486514684_o.jpg

486514691_o.jpg

486514699_o.jpg

Price: US $29.99

Shipping: $9.99

ebay link

Problem I see is these things read mobile towers in SL and its really annoying.

I dnt think its a good idea to order this via e-bay. You might hv to go to customs to get this cleared. So best thing is to get this from a friend who is coming from USA or sm where which these things are cheaper. (Expensive in UK). If anyone know who sell this in SL pls let us know. (I need to buy 1 too). Better if you can get the brand

'

COBRA'

alc.gif

Has anyone tried this?

tried it once. Stitching it was a real PITA. Gave up halfway and removed it. I must warn you that the OEM look it gives on the picture is almost impossible to get. Also if the steering wheel is thicker than usual, it will end up looking pretty bad.

Blue 120cm 48" Car LED Flexible Under Strip Neon Light

blue_120.jpg

led.jpg

Size: 120cm(L)x 1cm(W) x 0.1cm(Thick)

Product description

100% brand new

Auction includes of 120cm strip. each strip contains 60 led.

Color: Blue

Material: Rubber/LED

Make of high quality flexible Rubber, water proof.

Self -adhesive on back, easy to install.

Suitable for DC 12V power supply.

Available in 6 colors (Blue, Red, Green, White, Yellow and Multiple)

And available in 4 different lengths (30cm, 60cm, 90cm, & 120cm)

Ebay Link

Price : US $8.00

Has anyone tried these things?

Does anyone know of that gadget that you fix in the muffler to get that 'sss' sound of a turbo

Its called a turbo whistle and you can only get the sound of the turbo spooling up (that whistle noise), FYI one of my friends bought one just for fun and it had fallen off somewhere after 2 months :lol:

But if you were referring to the "pusssss" sort of noise the only way to fake is like this (watch from 6.06)

As for a gadget that a car owner cannot simply live without here is one

Car Air compressor

6186_1_sbol.JPG

tried it once. Stitching it was a real PITA. Gave up halfway and removed it. I must warn you that the OEM look it gives on the picture is almost impossible to get. Also if the steering wheel is thicker than usual, it will end up looking pretty bad.

Well this in my car but it was done by a car detailing place using 3M product. I must say it is very usefull and very decent job. Yes DIY could be a problem.. still worth the money you spend i guess.

Guys i have ordered few stuff from this site

and its free shipping for everything as well.

just take a look :)

Deal Extreme

Have you received anything from the above site mate?

Have you received anything from the above site mate?

yea i have orderd universal TV remote, a small wi-fi sensor key tag, a torch before and i recived all

but once i orderd a angry bird phone tag. but i got a diffrent phone tag. but other than that, even few of my friends brought down some stuff

and they all got delivered to me and them mate. :)

Guys anyone of u came across 3M or any other brand of Double side adhesive tape on eBay ? I need to buy. Lot of Hongkong sellers doesn't ship to SL. And UK and US shipping is expensive than the product itself. :(

any place to buy it from here also ?

'JayZ',

What you wanted is available at Link near Jubilee post Nugegoda road that is 3M VHB tape (very high bond).

I have used once to a Navara D/Cab to paste the body and carry boy rear hood.

Link will sell your requirement in meters, 3M VHB tape as they have a big role 100 meters which they cut and sell 100.00 Rupees a meter.This was about 11/2 years ago. I am not aware the cost now.

WEB Page.-----http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs66SXaNCOrrrrQ-

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi